Who is The Lord?

by JW Answers 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

The unspiritual person cannot understand the spiritual things of God.

1 Corinthians 2:14 KJV
    But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them , because they are spiritually discerned.

• cofty
    cofty

Resorting to ad hominem attacks as a diversion has been a very common tactic of christians over the years.

Clearly you are no better JWA. Call yourself an apologist?

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

No, I'm quoting scriptures... And explaining that I've answered your questions before on here, and on video. I cannot help you chose to ignore what is taught from the Bible.

Anyhow, this conversation is not based on this video. This is to help JWs to understand they are in a religious cult, and to come away from. Something myself and you want to do and wake them up, perhaps for different reasons albeit. Therefore rather than bash me the very second I post a video, why don't we make a truce? I thought we resolved our differences privately? Evidently not.

• cofty
    cofty
    I thought we resolved our differences privately? Evidently not.

You promised to engage in honest dialogue defending your preaching when you returned after your holiday.

Instead all we get is more dogma, dismissive lies and personal attacks when you are asked to defend your dogma.

Your objective is to entice people out of the cult of the Watchtower and straight into the cult of fundamentalist evangelical christianity. Out of the frying pan into the fire. I will never give you a free pass to do that.

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

And you are?

• cofty
    cofty

I'm an ex-JW who also knows the cult and mindset of evangelical christianity from the inside. Biblical literalists like you are no less irrational, fanatical, intellectually dishonest and brainwashed than JWs.

All cults are enemies of freedom and deserve to be opposed.

• JW Answers
    JW Answers
    And your objective towards the JWs in here is?
  • cofty
    cofty

To offer information and support. My posting history speaks for itself.

Ex-Jws should be encouraged to focus on education, careers, family, friends and personal interests NOT enticed into an alternative cult.

• JW Answers
    JW Answers

I agree that they should not listen to an organisation, I agree they should have freedom, education, rights to have better jobs, not jobs that can accommodate their "time for selling magazines". I agree they should have liberty, rather than listen to man.

Cofty, that part I am for you. My family were all Ex-JWs as well. I'm not an outsider in this outreach. However I believe with all my heart that God exists.

I am not forcing people onto God. I said in the opening statement "For people who want to learn the Bible".

I have never attacked your statements elsewhere in this forum / site. Never wanted too, never intended too, never will.

I am not asking people to join another cult, I am showing the JWs that what is recorded in the Bible goes against the teachings their cult / organization declares unto them.

Peace bro.

• cofty
    cofty

No you're actually offering a very narrow and dogmatic view of the Bible. It is a cult that, just like the JWs, divides the world into them and us.

You believe with all your heart that everyone who rejects your dogma deserves to burn in hell. You advocate biblical ethics that are obnoxious. You have an apocalyptic worldview just like the Watchtower. Your cult is an enemy of intellectual freedom, reason and science. It is literally just as damaging as the JWs.

Just like Watchtower apologists you dismiss difficult questions with personal attacks.

Don't imagine you and I have common cause. We do not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit