Who is The Lord?

by JW Answers 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Steel
    Steel

I am sure this post will be met with a general obligatory Corfy " you didn't explain blah blah blah " .

• cofty
    cofty
    My challenge still stands.
  • Steel
    Steel

You know the ironic part Cofty🤣

It was your posting about the god and Christ being referred too as a single being in the bible of revelation that really set my wheels in motion on my interest in this subject.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF
    News flash Cofty. The trinity cannot be explained as there is nothing to compare to God. - TTWSYF

Thank you for confirming that the trinity is impossible to explain.

Yup, Yet, you keep trying to get people to answer your stupid question. Acknowledged that nothing compares to God. No one or nothing is like him... you're so smart.

Accusing somebody of being a bully for respectfully engaging in debate about xtian dogma on a religious discussion forum is pathetic. I am the one discussing facts and reason while you and JWA throw out personal attacks and insults. Hypocrite.

You do not respectfully engage in a debate. JW answers posted about 'Who is Lord' and you attacked him and he was nothing but respectful to you. I read your posts. So did others here. I called you a bully because I read your posts. You're a bully . period

The evolution of the divinity of Jesus can be traced through the NT. I can argue powerfully from the bible that Jesus is not god and that he is god. The truth is that the bible does not contain a consistent Christology.

Still didn't answer what the scriptures says. EXPLICITLY states that Jesus and the Holy Ghost are God. Period.

I'm not your pal.

Of course not. You're a bully and I don't make nice with bullies buddy, yea, I'm not your buddy too. Boo hoo

On another note, What's wrong with my analogy of time being in 3 states but always time, always agreeing and never contradicting? Which heresy am I promoting?

It's a horribly convoluted illustration. Time is not a person. It doesn't 'agree' or 'contradict'. It is never in 3 states. Future and past are not objective things they are subjective constructs.

I disagree. Past, present and future are all 100% time. The past was once the future and the present. The present was once the future and will be the past, The future will be the present and the past. Each one is 100 percent time all together at the same time. So how is that a convoluted illustration? Again, which word did you not understand.

Your challenge still stands, my ass. You can't acknowledge that you're wrong ever. That's called being a sociopath.

The Truth Will Set You Free

• Onager
    Onager
    I disagree. Past, present and future are all 100% time. The past was once the future and the present. The present was once the future and will be the past, The future will be the present and the past. Each one is 100 percent time all together at the same time. So how is that a convoluted illustration? Again, which word did you not understand.

This analogy is equivalent to saying Cofty, Onager and TTWSYF are human, therefore, they are one.

Past. Present and Future do no have any agency. You cannot talk to time. Time can't turn water into wine. For your analogy to work it would have to have 3 individuals that exist at the same time and yet are one individual and, as you can see from my example above, that is absurd.

• cofty
    cofty
    Yup, Yet, you keep trying to get people to answer your stupid question - TTWSYF

My challenge is totally reasonable. Describe the trinity simply in your own words. Every time I have asked this over the years christians either ignore it to get very angry and abusive. It's almost as if they are trying to cover their embarrassment.

Imagine if I was challenged to describe evolution simply in my own words without resorting to esoteric scientific language and I behaved like you do. You would be forgiven for concluding it was all bullshit.

JW answers posted about 'Who is Lord' and you attacked him and he was nothing but respectful to you.

That is factually incorrect — also known as a lie. Anybody can go back and read the conversation. You will not find one single ad hominem from me. But even if I had attacked JWA how would that help your case?

EXPLICITLY states that Jesus and the Holy Ghost are God. Period.

The bible nowhere states the trinity. Why not?

Christians believe that the trinity is a crucial part of their faith and yet Jesus, the one who came to make god known, never bothered to mention it.

There are texts that suggest the deity of Jesus. If you read the NT chronologically you can follow the evolution of Christology which doesn't reach full deity until much later. The bible nowhere states that the holy spirit is identical to almighty god. Texts that hint at the personhood of the HS are open to other interpretation.

As for your illustration it does nothing to add to the conversation. The future does not exist. It isn't a 'thing'. A good illustration can enhance a clear explanation. A bad illustration with no explanation just makes things worse.

You can't acknowledge that you're wrong ever. That's called being a sociopath.

That isn't true. I worked out that the religion I had been raised in was false so I admitted I was wrong and I left at great personal cost. I became an evangelical christian for almost a decade but I never stopped learning and testing my beliefs. I eventually worked out that it was not reasonable to believe in the existence of a loving god. I changed my mind and I left. We only grow if we are open to listening and learning. I change my mind about all sorts of things all the time.

Dismissing people who decline to submit to your vacuous dogma as 'sociopaths' does not make a compelling argument.

My challenge remains. Please describe the trinity simply in your own words, without self-contradiction and without resorting to esoteric theological terms.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Cofty says - My challenge remains. Please describe the trinity simply in your own words, without self-contradiction and without resorting to esoteric theological terms.

No it doesn't. Your challenge has been answered, but your too proud to acknowledge. Common trait from a sociopath.

That isn't true. I worked out that the religion I had been raised in was false so I admitted I was wrong and I left at great personal cost. I became an evangelical christian for almost a decade but I never stopped learning and testing my beliefs. I eventually worked out that it was not reasonable to believe in the existence of a loving god.

Really? How, by reading the bible? That's only a small part of true Christianity. Did you ever go to the source? NO, You went from Dave's correspondence college [WTS] to Bill's community college [evangelical studies] when you could have [still could] go to the Harvard. [That's an analogy that is admittedly far better than my time analogy.lol]

EXPLICITLY states that Jesus and the Holy Ghost are God. Period.

The bible nowhere states the trinity. Why not?

Don't need the word trinity as the bible EXPLICITLY states that Jesus, the Father and the Holy Ghost are God. You're just making nonsensical noise again. Still can't acknowledge what the bible says about 'Who is the Lord'....typical sociopath behavior

My challenge is totally reasonable

Again, no. No one or nothing compares to God, so you ask an impossible question and then boost about how smart you are.. You're so smart...not really

Anyway, going back and forth over your same BS is tiring. I know that is your strategy to avoid the obvious truth that you are lacking ina complete Christian knowledge and lack the basic human attributes that make a person a contributor to the community. You bore me. and others too.

On another note

Onager3 hours ago

This analogy is equivalent to saying Cofty, Onager and TTWSYF are human, therefore, they are one.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. It's so obvious to see now. lol

TTWSYF

• cofty
    cofty

If you could stop frothing at the mouth for a minute perhaps you could link to the exact place where my challenge has been answered by you or anyone else.

I am willing to apologise if you can do that. I'm equally certain you can't.

You seem to be suggesting that the trinity is not in the bible but the Catholic church have a special line to God which trumps scripture. Shall we chat about the nest of pedophiles that is otherwise known as the Roman Catholic clergy sometime?

The belief that God is greater than all other things changes nothing. You still don't get to talk in riddles and pretend you are being profound.

My challenge still stands. Explain the trinity simply in your own words without self-contradiction or resorting to esoteric theological terms.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

You seem to be suggesting that the trinity is not in the bible but the Catholic church have a special line to God which trumps scripture. Shall we chat about the nest of pedophiles that is otherwise known as the Roman Catholic clergy sometime?

That's how you answer a question that you don't like the correct answer. Theocratic warfare. WTS still has it's hooks in you.Let's change the subject of "Who is Lord" in the scriptures. 'I don't want to answer that question, I'll say anything to change the subject'

I am willing to apologise if you can do that. I'm equally certain you can't

Why would you apologize. Thought you were the victim. Why should I apologize? For calling you what your behavior suggest you are?

You bore me Cofty...yawn

• cofty
    cofty

TPWSYF - You have lied repeatedly that you have already answered my challenge. I invited you to simply provide a link to the post where you did so. I promised that if you did that then I would apologise. I predicted you would refuse to backup your lies with a link.

I was correct.

So my challenge still stands. Please explain the trinity simply in your own words, without self-contradiction or resorting to esoteric theological terms.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit