World Wide Construction comes to a Shuddering Halt - Jehovah's Blessing has Evidently been Suspended!

by Slidin Fast 113 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DJS
    DJS

What Cofty said,

As many of us have pointed out on several occasions, the Dark Tower seemed to be having a cash flow problem. The selling and transferring of capital assets appeared healthy to very healthy from what we could see. Corporations and churches typically do not use cash flow/income for capital projects; they are funded by capital transfers, loans, etc.

If the Dark Lords have truly stopped the construction projects and laid off more workers, it strongly suggests that they are having both capital and cash flow problems to the point that day-to-day operations are impacted. Of course we do not know the extent of these, if it is a temporary blip, etc., but the two issues combined appear ominous from a financial standpoint.

As some have already pointed out, starting these projects without the upfront capital makes no sense. If they didn't have it and hoped to get it, they are financial fools. If they had it but now don't, it means something has changed. This could be the pending lawsuits, environmental cleanup costs, lowered credit rating (and thus higher financing costs), bad investments, overages on building costs, etc., or a combination.

The one thing that would bring the Dark Tower to its knees quickly, as previously pointed out, is for the rank and file to stop donating. Their re-engineered business design appears to be completely predicated on donations - they stop, the engine stops.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    DJS: As some have already pointed out, starting these projects without the upfront capital makes no sense. If they didn't have it and hoped to get it, they are financial fools.

Who said they were the brightest of the bunch?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Could they be creating a false financial crisis in preparation for a flood of new child abuse lawsuits? No attorney would be interested in handling a case if the Defendant has no money to get.

Doc

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    There is a very good reason for all of this. I smell a rat.
  • Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Splutter and bluster all you want, it's happening, dude.

Madam Curie, saying it is so don't make it so. I have every reason to believe the rumors, the confirmed rumors and the contradiction to the confirmed rumors. But I do not know for sure from what is posted. You can believe what you like and conclude what you like about it - assuming that it is true- but, all I want to know is, if it is true. That is it.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Doc, that thought has entered my mind. I was wondering whether they might be trying to make themselves unappealing to attorneys.
  • problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

"Lots of halls being build and new groups organizing construction" - Its proof Jehovah is blessing the work.

"Halting new construction, and consolidating resources" - Its proof Jehovah is focusing our attention on the ministry and each other. Oh goodie the end is near....er.

There is no winning.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yeah, I smell a rat too.

What DJS said, I agree with that. Without donations, the entire, and I mean entirety of the Borg assets are in jeopardy!!

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Maybe their building projects didn't fall in line with the allowable exemptions for non-profit status.

This could be a reaction to the charity investigations that are heating up.

The WTS will contort into whatever shape it needs to in order to hang on to that precious non-profit tax exempt status.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Wow!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit