World Wide Construction comes to a Shuddering Halt - Jehovah's Blessing has Evidently been Suspended!

by Slidin Fast 113 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    VERIFIED! See new post!
  • bohm
    bohm

The searcher: Verified? the kingdom halls are not being constructed? is this really true?! It is just too good news to really believe; how could the make such as massive miss in the financial projections?!

UPDATE: here is the link: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/482520001/just-phoned-london-bethel#480700003

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

bohm - "I recall a reliable poster (who will not be named since the topic was removed to protect privacy) posted a few months ago about hearing that the WTS had been financially downgraded. It hardly seems like a coincidence!"

I remember that, too.

These days, I'm not a big believer in "coincidence".

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I honestly believe that the implications of this are enormous. If it is indeed world wide bar Warwick then the shock waves will reverbarate massively.

I know that Chelmsford and the translation outposts are definitely stopped but I would like to know for certain if:

The KH building program is halted in the UK.

Is this is truly world wide?

The original poster that broke the news said that it was world wide and included KHs.

• bohm
    bohm
    sliding fast: Other posters have indicated the kingdom hall program is still moving forward; it is all on a rumor basis but it appears this is what the majority says.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Frankly, I'm a little surprised they put this out there so "brazenly"... if it were me, I certainly wouldn't have made any kind of specific "announcement".

Maybe they're trying to get out ahead of the rumor mill?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have no real confirmation of the information but posters on the JWTalk board for regular dubs are full of it. This is one post from a sister in the area:

"So because we help out with BRD, or the British branch relocation, we get to link up to morning worship in London bethel. The brother hosting that day says they've got a special announcement letter to read from the governing body. (I can't remember exact words so if anyone else was there maybe they can corroborate?)
    It basically said further to the broadcast about helping contribute more money as it won't last forever, they are postponing, cancelling or majorly reducing all construction work, worldwide. This includes reducing bethel family drastically, and reducing the services they get while on bethel, like getting more to do their own laundry and housecleaning. All those that have to leave will be assigned to the field, in most cases as regular pioneers. It said that the governing body loves you very much and just to trust in Jehovah and make it a matter of prayer. They will follow with more information in the next weeks and months.
    The reaction was mixed but the atmosphere was very subdued after this announcement as you can imagine.
    But we started talking about it, and it's interesting that the governing body want to send more out in the field, maybe a last final big push before the great tribulation? Obviously the more in the field, the more will come into the truth, hence the need for more Kingdom Halls, but with most of the construction work either stopping or being reduced greatly does this mean that the governing body aren't thinking long term? I think this shows how close we are to the end, it's imminent! The stress now is on getting as many people in the truth as possible before the end! "

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro
    Bluesbrother - LOL I love the rationalization! I agree this thing has legs and is likely legit
  • Londo111
    Londo111
    It wouldn't surprise me if eventually Kingdom Halls were sold and people were told to meet in private homes in preparation for the Great Tribulation.
  • out4good4
    out4good4

I've noticed my wife, when she is is upber dub mode, more and more pushing the great tribulation is at hand crap and that soon, the "door to the ark" will be closing and nobody else will be allowed inside.

This sounds like the very same fear mongering that keeps them trapped.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit