-0:6 negative growth 2020 service year

by Fadeaway1962 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Steel
    Steel

If Covid ends, sadly I think the WTS will spring right back. At least the WTS tried to keep their members safe unlike other churches in the US.

Covid has really shown how black and ugly the hearts of some of the evangelicals in the US are.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''If Covid ends, sadly I think the WTS will spring right back. At least the WTS tried to keep their members safe unlike other churches in the US.''

I tend to share this reasoning. When it comes to the Borg springing-back.

Like after 9/11 happened. There was a year or so when the Borg's numbers crept upward, all because of 'fear'.

There are notable events in history. Like pandemics, catastrophic terrorist events or political upheaval when people return to their denominations, due to well, fear.

JWillusion on his youtube channel uploaded a video recently about not 'letting a pandemic go to waste', they will capitalize on the 'fear' mechanism.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I agree with the analysis of these figures on here, nothing to get overly excited about, and good reasons for poor figures, poor from the Org's perspective , not ours !

They will improve a bit on these figures, as Covid is beaten, and will no doubt put forward as a triumph the more dramatic of seeming improvements.

The fact is that the Org is moribund, it will shrink in size because of a number of factors, but I firmly believe it will be around for many decades yet. Its Business Model is a good one still, if less profitable than in the past.

It will be interesting to see the figures that come out in 2023 to get a better picture of what is really happening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit