-0:6 negative growth 2020 service year

by Fadeaway1962 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Thanks to Slimboy Fat for his excellent resume of the situation in Britain. That is just how I see it.

Actually , given the circumstances I don't think a o.6% decrease is a bad result for them this year. The House To House and street ministry virtually stopped since last spring. Letter writing is done by a zealous few. Long term active dubs , like my family members , are now technically inactive but they still believe and will no doubt start again when the pandemic is over .. So we could see a false increase next year.

• Aposta-Fish
    Aposta-Fish

I think these numbers like the ones in the past have been heavily manipulated. 300 new congregations in India not hardly. They are putting out what would look like the numbers of their numbers were true and then a pandemic hit this year. There’s no way of knowing if they have 300 new congregations in India so that’s why they put them there. The only stat that could be believable is the reduction in baptisms. They have pushed to get kids baptized so hard over the last few years they have probably ran of kids old enough for a while.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Thanks for the confirmation BluesBrother how the situation has developed in the UK.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    There’s no way of knowing if they have 300 new congregations in India so that’s why they put them there.

The list of all congregations in a country/city comes up in JW.org, along with the address and contact details of the elder there. Difficult to fake the number of congregations.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Difficult to fake the number of congregations.

Exactly so, which is one of the reasons why the number of congregations is one of the most informative measures of JW strength and overall trends, and indeed for other religious groups too.

For example the declines in number of congregations in Japan and Germany probably indicate that the strength of JW presence in those countries is declining slightly faster than the publisher figures alone would suggest.

The decline of the number of Mormon congregations in European countries is also a good indication that their official membership figures don’t give an accurate impression of the trends in their membership—they claim that membership is still increasing while congregations are closing down.

If Watchtower ever stop publishing member statistics, in principle it should still be possible to monitor growth or decline by tracking the number of congregations.

It’s a very useful data point.

• stillMS
    stillMS

I've checked the KHs in India on the google maps. Firstly, it's hard to find any street views on the maps, so it's hard to evaluate what the KHs there actually look like.

But from my humble search, and footage I was able to find, it seems they're not the KHs in the common sense. It's more of some various real estate having little to do with standard Starbucks look in the West.

They're sometimes as close as 1 km from each other. It all looks more like a long-term real estate investment to the rapidly developing country (rather than a sign of extraordinary growth).

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    But from my humble search, and footage I was able to find, it seems they're not the KHs in the common sense.

Yes, due to the religious persecution and political situation, most of the kingdom halls are located in commercial complexes with other retail units. Since the change in the branch committee last year, about 90% of Indian congregations have their own kingdom hall. The money gained from the sale of the old Indian Bethel (a real pristine property) was used for acquiring kingdom halls. The new bethel purchased is also located at a prime location.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

The organization got a bump after 9/11. So shouldnt they have seen an increase with this pandemic? Even with restrictions why are not many coming to Jehovah's organization for refuge?

• Achille
    Achille

The growth of the "anointed", from 1970 to 2020:

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

Could this negative growth be because of the CSA court cases being reported around the world and we will still have to wait on the impact of covid19 as some have highlighted that it took a few years for the impact of 1975 to show up on the figures.

On the jwtalk public forum someone mentioned about the service year report memorial attendance and partakers but after 8 hours NO one has made a comment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit