When did you see realise James Lloyd Evans was a wrongun?

by usualusername1 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I had issues not long after Cedars joined this forum.

• jhine
    jhine

Thanks Punky .

Jan from Tam

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Black Sheep that's because he wanted everyone to think and talk like him

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

When his group AAWA added people to their FB group without their permission and were outed.

Then when the reddit moderators even in Germany sided with Lloyd Evans and didn't allow any criticism of his confession video, they lowered themselves to the same level of Lloyd.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

That wasnt so ""DIS---ingenuous""

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    MD I knew he was a dangerous narcissist from the first video I ever watched on his YouTube channel. A smug, self-important wannabe that is addicted to the sound of his own voice. Beware of people who seek to have their own following. All glory goes to God, not man. Especially not that putrid excuse for a man.

You mean you were turned off by his beliefs? They don't make him a "dangerous narcissist" who seeks followers after himself, rather than god.

But as it turns out he is a perpetrator of spousal abuse. A greedy, lazy man who cares nothing for cult victims, wanting prominence in order to generate revenue for HIMSELF.

I believe he used immensely talented, warmhearted volunteers in order to surround himself with an aura of capable authority. With his calm, resonant tone we mistook pompous self-importance for reliability & gravitas.

If you figured that out in the first video you are a far more perceptive person than I am, I'm sad to say!

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

A girlfriend of mine first introduced me to Lloyd some years ago - she thought he was great.

I didn't rock the boat, but after conversing by email with Ray Franz for some years until he sadly passed away I found Lloyd a bit too lightweight.

Still, he did seem to have a good, honest hardworking team around him and I really liked some of the people he introduced back then, Sherrie D'Souza being one and of course the evil Kim!!๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

Then, not long before his fall from grace I started to find him a bit too full of himself, cocky and arrogant, but kept my feelings to myself.

Shortly after that it was revealed what sort of lifestyle Lloyd was really living.

I asked my girlfriend what she thought of him and she admitted she was having doubts about him too before his 'Scuba Trip'.

I think yes, anyone can make mistakes and god knows I've made many, many mistakes in my life that I still bitterly regret to this day.

But they were my mistakes. I take full responsibility for all my actions in my life. Everything I have wanted to do I have done it.

Before I eventually faded from jw land forever I've been reproved - privately, publicly, been disfellowshipped, reinstated been a regular pioneer, ministerial servant, elder, resigned, been removed, made a servant and an elder again then resigned and every single part of it all is all down to me.

I think a bit of humility and a genuine apology would have made things much better for Lloyd - but as yet I don't think he has it in him.

I personally feel he is a man without a conscience or any moral compass - these qualities are surely at odds with much of his online work with victims of abuse.

The fact that he can't see this or refuses to see it is what I think will eventually lead to his complete online demise...

He's become a figure of fun and ridicule and that is not a good position for someone who judges the watchtower or discusses high profile jw cases of tragic physical/emotional/sexual abuse.

Just my personal opinions - other opinions are of course equally as valid.

• MillennialDawn
    MillennialDawn

Diogenesister:

Your sarcasm not withstanding, I'll illustrate what I was saying through a parable so you can better understand.

A bank manager was training a group of new bank employees. The lesson for the final day of training was "How To Tell the Difference Between Real and Counterfeit Money". On the morning of this final training, the bank manager led the group of trainees into the large bank vault, then turned around and walked out of the vault, closed it, and locked it. The trainees were confused but thought surely the manager would return shortly and give them more direction. Hours and hours passed. The trainees were downright angry that they had now spent the entire day locked in the bank vault. Finally at 4:30pm, the manager unlocks the vault and walks in. Immediately the trainees start clamoring and demanding an explanation. "We thought you were going to teach us about counterfeit money today! Instead you just left us in here all day with nothing to do!" The bank manager says, "I DID teach you about counterfeit money today. I locked you in here with all of the bank's money. You see, when you've been around the real thing long enough, it's easy to spot a fake."

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Your sarcasm not withstanding, I'll illustrate what I was saying through a parable so you can better understand.

I was merely pointing out that I was daft enough to be taken in having given him many, many superchats and was even a Patreon for a time๐Ÿ˜ถ

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I used to be a lurker before I joined and started posting, and I remember reading threads with posts by John Cedars.

My first impressions of him were that he was articulate and knowledgeable on JW issues. I still think this to some degree today.

Then, I started to notice how he responded to people who disagreed with his opinions or who tried to post counter-arguments. He was pretty catty in response. I didn't know John Cedars was Lloyd Evans for some time.

I guess I properly realised he was a wrong un when he left the forum over the fallout from the AAWA and the potential outing of its supporters.

How he has reacted and dealt with the current sex workers issue is entirely consistent with the man's character.

There are plenty of Lloyd Evanses out in the world and there's nothing we can do about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit