When did you see realise James Lloyd Evans was a wrongun?

by usualusername1 34 Replies latest jw friends

• usualusername1
    usualusername1

I remember him on this site when he was called Cedars and had JW survey.

Straightaway I noticed he could not accept suggestions.

The time I knew he was dangerous was when his group AAWA added people to their FB group without their permission and were outed.

He refused to close the FB page (whilst celebrating 1300 members joining in a few days). One member complained and was subsequently disfellowshipped, which could easily have been avoided.

Three week's after launching, the FB page was closed down. From that moment I knew James Lloyd Evans was dangerous.

When did you realise he not good?

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO

17th of December 2021

• vienne
    vienne

When I first came across his videos. Creepy.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

When he stole/copied Neil 'The Great Apostates' book idea and then charged other exjws £300 for the "privilege" of essentially writing the book for him by adding their stories as (the interesting) part of "his" book.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

The way he encouraged and raised up mobs against people here for disagreeing with him.

He routinely chastised people for posting at or near times he was going to sleep and accused them of ruining his marriage (!) because it was pulling him away from time spent with her because he felt compelled to respond.

He would also announce when it was time for holiday and if it was in the middle of an argument, would assign people to argue in his stead.

Announcing “Mrs Cedars” and falsely claiming her English wasn’t fluent (even though she was the lead translator at his company) and that she would be more comfortable exchanging recipes with other exJW women instead of talking about more important matters.

• jhine
    jhine

Excuse my ignorance but what is AAWA ?

Jan from Tam

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yeah it was initially confusing that he seemed to be fighting injustice and shunning yet stole other people’s intellectual property and didn’t mind outing faders in Facebook. Confusing until I realised that, whatever the situation, or how outrageous his behaviour he is always able to spin some sort of story where he is the victim and others are to blame. There are no depths he won’t plunge to, such as blaming his wife for his “need” to visit prostitutes, and I no longer think that exhausts the extent of the hypocrisy or narcissism he is capable of displaying - it could get a whole lot worse.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Jan, I don't recall what the letters stood for, but it was a support group for JWs who were only in because they feared shunning. If I have the details correct, Evans began sending invites to the group, which would show up in a person's Facebook activity feed, effectively outing them. When the problem was brought up, Evans seemed more annoyed that he was being admonished and less concerned about the lives he had just disrupted.

As for when I realized he was bad, that would be around the time of his livestream confession video. I had watched many of his shorter videos from time-to-time and knew nothing about him. I did know about this forum, though I had not signed up. So when I learned that there was some kind of scandal around him, I figured I might find more info here. And I found a lot more than I expected!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Jan from Tam - Excuse my ignorance but what is AAWA ?

Some Anti Watchtower acronym. Short lived and if memory serves, changed its name.

TBH. I never really took much notice of it all in the end. At first yes. But now it's like everything else; has its day.

As for him being a 'wrongun', I can't say I really took any notice. I wasn't watching his show. Like most things, I view them as novelty items. Many out there are looking for fame and fortune. It's a hollow dream. I'm bored of these 'celeb' types. They infect the airwaves with attention seeking.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I realized he was bogus in December 2021

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit