When did you see realise James Lloyd Evans was a wrongun?

by usualusername1 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Up until then I had no real idea what all of this "infighting""" was all about.

Then I put 2 & 2 together,,,it all came out.

Unsubscribed to him.

• MillennialDawn
    MillennialDawn

I knew he was a dangerous narcissist from the first video I ever watched on his YouTube channel. A smug, self-important wannabe that is addicted to the sound of his own voice. Beware of people who seek to have their own following. All glory goes to God, not man. Especially not that putrid excuse for a man.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I know. As arrogant,,pompous and as smug as he was on videos he did help me and countless others firm-up their doubts about the Borg

It was about 2 years ago what I uncovered what LE was all about and what he was up to.

Disgusted, when I put 2 and 2 together I realized he was a sham.

Unsubscribed New Years Eve 2021.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

SCUMBAG right from the start.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

I just can't believe I invested money to purchase his two books back in Spring 2019,,,plus postage.

...oh well.

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

When he came out as Lloyd, refused to see any other point of view and you need that ability in activism.

Alex O' Connor is a good example of an activist who tries to see the other side.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I first became aware of him during the AAWA fiasco. When he first floated the idea it sounded good to me. I volunteered to do some work (I confess I was hoping to sell a novel about a high control religion and was looking for ways to promote it) but I found Lloyd's outing people to boost his numbers offended me. And somebody messed up the incorporation papers for AAWA, I don't know how that happened, but Lloyd signed it with his "Cedars" identity, and he claimed to live in the US, both of these are illegal.

A few years later he tried to steal (I don't know what else to call it) the copyright on Crisis of Conscience. Looking back on that mess I now believe that he was orchestrating a response from the flying monkeys. They were a lot of people clamoring to release the book without copyright because it was too important to wait until a new edition was ready.

And now we have the current mess. Part of his problem is that his book screams "Amateur." It is about twice as long as it should be, as noted above it covers about six genres.

Lloyd lurches from one crisis to the next, picking up new critics every time. Mr. Evans it is time to do something else.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Lloyds going to have to find a job here before long and rejoin the workforce,,, at this rate.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i cant say i took any interest in him--now or when he was cedars. I was enrolled on that AAWA facebook site--it didnt bother me--if it was as stan livedeath--obviously a made up username, then no-one could trace me anyway.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I gave him the benefit of the doubt back in the day… even offered to contribute op-ed work for his website.

He declined.

Guess I dodged a bullet, there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit