What If The Tower Fell?

by Big Dog 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Sadly,,,many are institutionalized by the Borg like in Shawshank.

They would be like a chicken with its head cut off.

What could be a traumatic event for hardcore,longtimers.

They wont know up from down or who to turn to,,after having their thinking done for decades.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The majority of JWs aren’t particularly violent (passivity is promoted - if indirectly - in WT rhetoric, after all), so I’m not too worried about angry loyalists seeking retribution…

but I’d be surprised if some of ‘em didn’t at least try to blame “apostates” for the Tower crumbling (as logically - and from the WT’s POV, theologically - impossible as that is).

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Big Dog, nice original Trek reference 😎

I personally always think of the Landru episode, when thinking of Trek parallels. The Borg have their relevance, but I always thought Landru's world was the one most like that of the JWs.

• jehovaxx
    jehovaxx

My prediction over the next decade or so will see the sense of urgency dwindle. Then some huge huge changes. For example by 2034 in a decades time, they will have address the 1914 issue and will come out and say we can’t be dogmatic. Maybe Jesus was appointed king in 1914 but we just don’t know anymore.

They will have to think of something else entirely to keep the sense of urgency but already we are seeing the sense of urgency dwindling.

Young ones just aren’t getting baptised and why would they? Even more so once the new light is released that you don’t need to be faithful now you could come in last minute.

The vaccine changed everything.

For the first time ever in my life congregation members are not afraid to say things like “maybe the Governing body got it wrong when they said it was from Jehovah”

This is a remarkable change from when I was growing up. You could never ever speak against the GB. But now I hear more and more little comments. Like when Steve Lett said babies were little enemies of God. People were saying that was a silly thing to say.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    ThomasMore - “The Argentina facility exists for a reason. I suspect that it will eventually serve its purpose."
    KerryKing - “Please tell me more! I haven't heard of this, very curious!”

They’ve built a luxury gated compound in Buenos Aires to potentially function as a secondary HQ.

Some of us think that when the legal problems eventually become too hot, they plan to permanently relocate there.

Joke’s on them, though…

…Argentina and the US have a mutual extradition treaty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit