What If The Tower Fell?

by Big Dog 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    DesirousOfChange - “…How do you sell off 3 BILLION$ on tax free real estate sales and be broke in just a few years?”

Warwick went crazy over budget, there’ve been hundreds more CSA payouts that will never reach the general media, and apparently, there were some old outstanding loans attached to the Brooklyn properties that the Org was required by law to square away as part of the terms of the sale.

So, evidently, it’s all gone, baby, gone.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

I'm with Vidiot, would not mind betting that the Brooklyn properties were borrowed against heavily, thinking that they would never have to pay back the loans.

RB

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

It’s not a question of “if”, only when.

• LV101
    LV101

Is Warwick free and clear so all they have to do is continue hitting up the followers?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Far as we know, yeah.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and yourselves thrust out. - Luke 13: 28 NKJV

The WT loves to call themselves the "Israel of God". Ha. Jesus specifically targets these kinds of boasters declaring:

I will make those who are of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars—I will make them come and fall down at your feet and acknowledge that I have loved you. - Rev. 3: 9

Not only will the WT fall, but the Lord will make them fall down at the feet of those whose trust is in Christ alone. There, in that position will they be made to understand the utter rejection of the Lord and the love he has for many of those they called Babylonish whores.

The last will be first in the kingdom of God.

Will they be forced to view from afar the marriage supper of the Lamb? I personally believe so.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. - Ps. 23:5

This is what victory looks like for XJW believers.

"Vengeance is mine saith the Lord" and it will hurt in ways that no physical pain can compare to.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Multigererational mental illness portrait of Stephen Lett and parents:

CDN media

Whew, who knew that they were rearing one of the kings of the earth.

• blondie
    blondie

Depends on what you mean as "fell." In the eyes of the outside? jws are taught that they will be attacked by the people outside and the government authorized part or the WTS may disappear, but jws will go "underground" even in small groups (like they did in Europe during Nazi times) who had not direct communication with the headquarters in their country or the US. I did not live then by the way, but there are governments today that have banned jws, like Russia, but they have continued teaching their doctrines.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Considering most JW loyalists can’t seem to tie their fucking shoelaces without the WT’s “direction”, I can just imagine how dysfunctional some dutiful congregation would get after the first week or two of hunkering down in some poor semi-rural elder’s bunker half-finished walkout basement, waiting anxiously for the all-clear.

😏

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Vidiot you make a really good point. These are people that have their questions in questions from readers asking if its ok to say shout obscenities when busting a nut or some similar idiot thing.

I really think a fair amount would become either suicidal or homicidal and go after the forces of evil that brought the Tower down. Think Shawshank, these people have been institutionalized, they didn't leave of their own free will. The rug will have been pulled out from under them without any warning. That spells some deep psyche trauma. Cut off from the channel of God suddenly.

Any original Trek fans here, remember "I Mudd"? I can see them all screaming Norman, Norman!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit