Why are there more sisters than brothers at the Kingdom Hauls?

by Sour Grapes 43 Replies latest jw experiences

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Could it be that women are wired differently than males and have a stronger leaning toward spiritual things compared to males?

I don't buy into the "wired different" nonsense

It is cultural.

We live in a patriarchal society, regardless of the religion being followed and regardless of the culture that religion falls within. Inside of a patriarchal culture, women are groomed to be dependent and there is no better co- dependent structure than religion.

Women gravitate towards religion simply because it offers them a source of perceived personal power. Religion is their "penis"

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

going back 50 years i was in 3 congregations. most of the women there without husbands were batshit crazy. their husbands--if still alive--were only too glad their wives went to the meetings...

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I guess the other side of the question is why there is less men. Do other religions put pressure on the men to participate in holding mikes, do talks and climb the religious ladder of responsibility? Maybe it's the suits and ties!

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

Not to be crass but a lot of born in males leave after being DFd for fornication or they never get baptized because waiting until marriage just doesn't appeal to them.

• TD
    TD
    I guess the other side of the question is why there is less men.

Theologians have both railed against and lamented male apathy towards religion for centuries.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Do some women who are unhappily married with small children feel helpless and hopeless when they lack the financial independence to get a divorce and like the idea of God waving a wand and making all their problems go away at Armaggedon? Even if that means their husbands get destroyed? I'm not being spiteful I'm just thinking about my own parents.

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

Males are more inclined to be independent. An independent person is not welcome in JW land. Independent thinking is from the devil as they would say.

It appears women also seem more submissive than men. When males preach from the platform what other males need to do then an internal hard-wired war takes place in the congregant.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Xanthippe, you perfectly described my Mum and Dad.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Or as Sammy Heard has mentioned, women do not have the same mental capacity as men! His words, not mine!

just saying!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yes I agree women are groomed to be dependent - good point orphan crow.

Biology does make it necessary for women to be dependent on protection and support - help in other words - from those around them sometimes. Certain times in their life in particular. Women with children dependent on them as their sole caregiver or because a partner isn't engaged in the lives of the children etc etc will need community support and JWs offer that - at the price of your freedom of course.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit