"For as OFTEN as you eat it...."

by AGuest 65 Replies latest jw friends

• nowisee
    nowisee

dear aguest/sj,

thank you for your welcome and words of encouragement. yes, you have been verbose, but i have loved reading your words because they are obviously words of LOVE and based on a diligent search and study of the Lord. you have inspired me and spurred me on, and i only hope that my own new and relatively elementary studies will continue to find new pathways. He has given us so much, and the Word is so rich, we can really go on forever learning new things about Him and as we do, grow in Love for Him, knowing that it only is possible because He loved us first unsurpassingly.

i see there are many devil's advocates here speaking with you. i am so glad for the witness you are giving. i hope that there are true seekers here, and that they will heed the spirit of Acts 17:ll as we all need to do.

my very best to you, may the Lord continue to be with you.

your sister, nowisee

• gumby
    gumby
    i see there are many devil's advocates here speaking with you.

I am a friend of shelbys and I like to joke with her.....if you were refering to me.

If you were .....I don't advocate for the devil that I know of....I simply have questions and confusion as to weather the bible is God's word when there is so many reason to doubt that it is. I suppose us "advocates" could put all our honest questions behind us and try to forget the many reasons we have to doubt it..........but that would be living a lie wouldn't it?

Gumby

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Nowisee... again, may the peace of our Lord be with you... and thank you, truly. I apologize for my "verbosity," but if it is true that "out of the heart's abundance the mouth speaks," then hopefull what is "abundant" in MY heart is clear to all. Again, peace to you... and thank you!

Dear Gumby-Mon... peace to you! Yes, there is, in fact, a reason why "Jesus" is not accurate:

1. The proper ENGLISH rendering of my Lord's name is "Joshua"... not Jesus.

2. "Jesus" is the English rendering of the Greek name "Ieosus" (or "Jeosus" - the "i" is a "j"), and which names means, literally... "Je is Zeus". Now, the TRUE rendering of THAT is "Je is God", for the word "zeus" in Greek means "god." However, the Greeks have a GOD named "Zeus"... and thus, the name "Jesus" means... "Ja(h) is Zeus." Which is entirely incorrect.

3. Zechariah, then, TELLS us my Lord's name at 3:3-8, where he says:

"Now, as for JOSHUA, he happens to be clothed in befouled garments."

This correlates with my Lord's FLESH... the "outer garment" of SINFUL flesh that he existed in when on earth... the "corruptible" garment (with the "spirit" body being the "white robe"... or INcorruptible "garment".

Romans 8:3 1 Corinthians 15:54

"Remove the befouled garment from upon him."

This correlates with the "change" of my Lord from sinFUL flesh (that is, flesh full of sin)...

"See, I have caused your error to pass away from upon you..."

Religion tends to "miss" this one, because although we know my Lord COMMITTED no sin, there was indeed sin IN him... for he took UPON HIMSELF... INTO HIS FLESH... the sins of others. As the "Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world," he CHOSE to take the sins of others... and make them HIS. Thus, when he healed people... or forgave them... he did so... by taking THEIR illness and/or their 'sin'... into his own flesh. For when you WILLINGLY take on someone else's debt... the debt... becomes yours!

Which is why, contrary to the false teaching that he looked horrible "due to being scourged and beaten", my Lord actually looked SO horrible that when the wicked approached him and then, fell back in horror! And it was because he had the appearance... of a leper... in advanced stages! He did NOT have a "stately form... nor any splendor"... as religion would have you believe. Indeed, he looked SO bad, his appearance was "NOT... so that we should desire him"... a man MEANT for pains "and for having acquaintance with sickness." Perfect FLESH... does not "know" pain, does not "know" sickness, does not "know" outcry, or mourning... or death. And yet, my Lord "knew"... all of these things. Those pretty pictures of a tall, strong, strapping man... are FALSE!

Isaiah 53:2-8

"and there is a clothing of you with robes... of state."

This correlates with my Lord being given a "white robe"... or SPIRIT body... which "robes" belong to the Lamb... his king/priests (those who wash THEIR "befouled" robes... or sinful flesh... in the "blood" of the Lamb... holy spirit... making a way for it to be "changed")... and those who become "royal" subjects of the New Jerusalem over which these rule for 1,000 years.

1 Corinthians 15:51-53 Revelation 5:9, 10 Revelation 7:4, 9, 14, 15 Revelation 6:11 Matthew 25:34-40

"Let them put a CLEAN turban upon his head."

If you are aware of the "customs" of ancient Persia... and of the Arabic world today, a turban is the male head covering... and for "royalty" it sits in place of a crown. And a man's "position" can be told BY his turban... or the fabric of his head covering. Only the royal "house" can wear a certain pattern. My Lord's "unclean" turban... was a crown... of thorns... symbolizing what the Jews "thought" of his kingship. His "clean" turban, however... was my Father's recognization... and APPROVAL... of this One... as the true King.

"'If it is in my ways that you will walk, and if it is MY obligation that YOU will keep..."

This correlates with my Lord, "Isaac"... willingly allowing himself to be sacrificed to pay not only our debt, but GOD'S debt... in the form of His promise... to Abraham, Abraham's "seed"... and all those that "go with" them...

"... then also it will be YOU that will judge my house and also keep my courtyards..."

I think this is self-explanatory...

"Hear, please, O JOSHUA... THE HIGH PRIEST..."

And, in truth, my Father has only ONE true High Priest... my Lord being the LAST...

Hebrews 3:1 Hebrews 6:20

"you and your COMPANIONS who are sitting before you, for they are men as portents (tokens)..."

2 Corinthians 5:20

"for here... I am bringing my servant... SPROUT!"

And this "Sprout" correlates with my Lord, the "True Vine"... the "Root... of Jesse".

Again, I know I got lengthy, but I am compelled to tell that which religion... and particularly the WTBTS has not. And they have not, because they KNOW not. True, the WTBTS once connected my Lord with "Joshua, the High Priest." But they later changed that to signify the "anointed" as being that High Priest. Again, my Father has only ONE... High Priest.

And how is that I know that they do not? By no "strength" or knowledge of my own, I promise you. I simply did what you and any others can do: I took my Lord up on his challenge and promise:

Matthew 5:39, 40 Matthew 11:28 John 7:37, 38 John 11:13 Revelation 22:17 John 14:26 John 16:13-15

That's it; that's all. Again, I bid you the greatest of peace... and hope this helped.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• nowisee
    nowisee

hi gumby --

i wasn't singling you out as "the advocate". indeed i think questioning, scrutinizing are a good things and should ultimately serve to strengthen faith, if indeed that faith is based on truth. i think a lot of problems come from NOT questioning, searching, seeking, and in fact i think that this is what happens with new jws in the conversion process: at one point they simply give their minds over to the wts to dispense "truth", instruction, rules of conduct, etc. and ultimately they become victims of brainwashing. again, acts 17:ll. it's up to each one of us to do this, but unfortunately many abdicate this responsibility. how sad. so often when some eventually discover the lies, they equate the wts with God and so turn their back on God as well, as i did for so many years.

it only seemed to me that some of the responses to aguest/sf had the tone of mockery. i also looked back into her posting history a bit, and i also discovered that some would even like to censor her. questioning, joking, lighthearted teasing i think are fine. mockery and censorship, on the other hand, seem not to be in the spirit of this forum. we should all be able to express ourselves freely.

thank you again aguest/sf. i will continue to watch for your postings with interest.

my very best to you, your sister, nowisee

• gumby
    gumby

Nowisee

Thank you

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

hey gumby .. big smoke = sydney (don't you know nuth'n?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit