"For as OFTEN as you eat it...."

by AGuest 65 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you all have peace!

I posted the following to a request on another forum regarding where to partake of the "Memorial." Although that is not quite what *we* call it, I wanted to share with you my response, for those who are wondering. If you are "hearing" with regard to this matter, but are not sure what, when and where, may I offer to you the following... and again, may you have peace!

Dearest ***... may you have peace... and may I reply? Thank you!

Since leaving (or, rather, being asked to leave) the 'Borg, I have eaten from the table of the Holy One of Israel, by means of eating the flesh and blood of His Son and Christ... at home... either alone (if no one else is there), with family (if they are)... or with friends (either in my home or theirs)... just as our first century brothers did.

The difference? First, I/we do it "daily"... as it IS the "daily sacrifice"... or "daily" bread... the "manna" that "comes down from heaven." Since our ancient forebears ate the manna DAILY... to stay alive IN THE FLESH... I/we eat it DAILY... to stay alive... SPIRITUALLY... by staying "IN UNION"... with Christ... DAILY. John 6:48-56 John 15:1-7

True, the Passover was "celebrated" once a year... and Christ is our "passover Lamb." However, since I/we wish to be "in union" with Christ EVERY DAY... we partake of him... every day. Rather than observing a "ritual" once per year... we simply give thanks and partake once per day. No big hoopla... no big pomp and ceremony. Just a simple word of thanks... a bite of unleavened bread... and sip (or gulp, for some - LOL!) of "new" wine. That's it; that's all.

I do it first thing in the morning (my "day"), before I take any food for my flesh; others do it after sundown (start of Jewish "day"), when their family is able to gather together.

But for US... EVERY day... we "keep declaring his death... until he arrives." For to us, EVERY day is a holy day... a sabbath... an exquisite delight to the Holy One of Israel, whose name is JAH (Psalm 68:4) of Armies... for HIS "Lord" of the Sabbath, His Son and Christ, my Lord, JAHESHUA (Jah Saves) MISCHAJAH (Chosen of Jah)... IS King and those who "belong" to him CAN now "enter" into God's "rest"... His Sabbath.

Isaiah 58-6:14

Again, I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

I hope this helps you.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Dear AGuest, Thank you so much for your thoughts and kindness. If I may, I would like to ask you some questions. What are your thoughts, or feelings as to what your future would be if you did not celebrate your Lord as you do? What if you did not acknowledge Jesus as your Savior? What if you did not love Him? What if you didn't really care one way or the other weather Jesus existed or not? In your view, what then? Would this change your future you think? Would you be forced to pay the piper? and if so, in what way? I don't want you to feel that I am setting you up, so I will be up front in my reasons for asking. I was raised as a Witness, and what haunted me the most, what ate at my soul was that I could not find in my heart the ability to honestly love a god who would kill me if I didn't. I secretly ached and bled for years wondering what was wrong with me. Honestly, I do not feel it is truly possible for a human to legitimately and genuinely love that which will kill or condemn them if they do not. It's seems to go utterly against the grain of love. It's like someone holding a gun to your head. So, I'm asking if you feel you will be judged and punished in some way if you do not honor your Lord and Savior. If this is the case, which I believe it is in most Christian circles, does this eat at your heart in any way? Or, how do you explain it away? Or does it simply not concern you? JamesT

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Dear AGuest, thank you so much for your thoughts and kindness. If I may, I would like to ask you some questions.

The greatest of peace to you, dear James T. And by all means… please… proceed.

What are your thoughts, or feelings as to what your future would be if you did not celebrate your Lord as you do?

Depends on which “future” you are referring to, fleshly or spiritual:

In the flesh - Since “time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all,” I am not sure except with regard to that which I have control over (i.e., to some degree, my health, occupation, etc.) I would think, then, that my “future” in the flesh would continue as best it could, dependent upon my physical health and state of mind.

In the spirit - Hopefully, because I have tried not to judge, but to “do good” to all I come in contact with, whether they be “Israel” or not, I’ll have “covered” my bases… and thus be in line to be called a “sheep” in the manner of Rahab… and receive everlasting life as a SUBJECT of the Kingdom of God, through Christ, versus a king/priest therein. Doesn’t matter to me: a servant or least one in the Household, living forever, intrigues me more than a “king” in this world, with maybe 70-80 or so years of life.

What if you did not acknowledge Jesus as your Savior?

Then, hopefully, I will have “loved [my] neighbor” enough to the point where it would “go well” with me, and make me one of those who, “although not under law, do BY NATURE the things OF the law…” so as to be found favorable. If not, well, then, what can I say?

What if you did not love Him?

Since I take by your reference to “you” we are speaking of ME… and not just in general terms… I would have to say that I cannot answer this question, as I cannot fathom not loving Him. How is that? Because for ME, I know that it is by HIM that I even know what love IS. HE… loved ME… first… and so taught ME… HOW to love. Thus, WHATEVER love I have… or know… or dispense… it is because He taught me of it. Before him, I THOUGHT I loved; I THOUGHT I knew love; I THOUGHT I was loved. Since coming to know Him, by coming to know Christ… I have learned that previously… I KNEW… nothing. That is no longer the case .

What if you didn't really care one way or the other weather Jesus existed or not?

Wait. You ARE speaking in generalities, aren’t you? You mean, what if YOU (or another) didn’t really care? My response would be, okay, so what? You misunderstand how this works, dear James: God is not looking for those who are not looking for Him. Period. I mean, who would? If you… or some other… don’t really care… that is ABSOLUTELY your choice… your perogative. Totally. Please do not think He is “sitting” somewhere fuming over the fact that you… and others… don’t care. He is not “alone”, dear one, so that He would shrivel up and die because someone didn’t care. True, HE cares about ALL of earthling man… because we are “miserable, and pitiable, and blind, and naked,”… and don’t even know it. But that’s because HIS heart is “large”. But He also leaves us to our own choice as to what we will and will not care about… and what we will or will not believe .

In your view, what then?

In my view… hmmmm. As if I am “someone” and my “view” matters at all. Ah, well, since you “need” to hear from me (though, in truth James, I am nothing more than a good-for-nothing-slave and it truly isn’t me that you should be asking these things - James 1:1-5). But:

I have learned and received from Christ that the answer is “nothing”. Absolutely nothing. You live your life. You do your “thing”. And then, one day, you die. End of life. End of matter. Until your are resurrected so as to be judged for your deeds… good and vile. At that time, however, since you have no “covering”… since you WANTED no “covering”… since you didn’t CARE about a “covering”… your deeds may not BE “covered”. I say “may not” rather than “will not”, because one thing I DO know, and that is that God… shows mercy… to whomever HE wishes to show it.

Therefore, you perhaps you will have to stand judgment for your deeds… and reap the sentence of whatever judgment comes upon you… and perhaps not. Who can say, but God and Christ? Certainly not me. But that’s not something you should worry about anyway, I mean, since you don’t care. It is, after all, entirely your CHOICE to care or not. No one can… or should… make you. Otherwise, it’s no longer “free will”, is it?

Would this change your future you think?

If I didn’t care? Perhaps. But, again, who am I to say? I do not think, however, that I could reasonably expect mercy from one I don’t care about. But then, that’s the “good” thing… the DIFFERENCE between Him and us: We have to have a REASON to show someone a bit of mercy: either they’ve given us some reason to think they’re sorry (and sometimes even when they try it isn’t enough for us, is it?), or we give it because we think WE have something to gain by doing so. My Father, on the other hand, doesn’t have to have a reason. As demonstrated by His Son, my Lord, who showed pity and compassion to many… all HE has to do… is “want” to.

Would you be forced to pay the piper? and if so, in what way?

Forced to pay. Hmmm… No, I can’t say that I will be FORCED to do anything. I think by your comment above that I will have CHOSEN to “pay the piper”… and that, in whatever way the “laws” of the Universe… which were set down LONG before you and I came into existence… prescribe.

I don't want you to feel that I am setting you up, so I will be up front in my reasons for asking.

Yes, I totally understand. And thank you! Allow me to be the same, yes, and do not take offense at MY… ummmmm… forthrightness? Again, thank you!

I was raised as a Witness,

And therein lies the problem… but, please continue…

and what haunted me the most, what ate at my soul was that I could not find in my heart the ability to honestly love a god who would kill me if I didn't. I secretly ached and bled for years wondering what was wrong with me.

Ahhh, my dear James! NOTHING is “wrong” with you! Unfortunately, however, you have been misled to a place where you are now among those who blame GOD… for what earthling man has taken upon himself to tell you. James, the WTBTS was DESIGNED to do just what it has done! It is a “tool” NOT of God… but of the ADVERSARY… to direct you AWAY from God… not toward Him! And, apparently, in your case as in many others… they have succeeded! Were you not TOLD “do NOT put your trust in earthling man?” And yet, what THEY told you is what you now base your knowledge of God ON. But… did not God send His SON? I beg you: go back and read about THAT One… and see if what HE said… agrees with what you’ve been taught by earthling man. Look at HIS life… and HIS ministry… and the things HE said and did and taught. Why? Because he himself said, “If you know the TRUTH (know Christ), the TRUTH (Christ)… will set you free. Therefore, if the SON sets you free, you will truly BE free!” The WTBTS, on the other hand… has enslaved you… so that it could MISLEAD you… AWAY from God. Wake up, my dear one… and see what is true. Please! You have listened to what earthling man has said about God; how about listening to GOD about Himself?

Honestly, I do not feel it is truly possible for a human to legitimately and genuinely love that which will kill or condemn them if they do not. It's seems to go utterly against the grain of love. It's like someone holding a gun to your head.

You are absolutely correct. And you have been misled into thinking God is like that, when He is not like that AT ALL! He… IS… love. And if you were to condescend to get to know Him, by first getting to know His Son… not in the way that the false prophets have told you… but as he truly IS… you would know this as well.

So, I'm asking if you feel you will be judged and punished in some way if you do not honor your Lord and Savior.

No. Whatever “judgment” comes upon me, will be regarding what I’ve done… my “deeds”… good and vile… to my FELLOWMAN. For it is earthling man who cries out for “justice,” yes? And since I am quite imperfect and therefore HAVE done “wrong” against others from time to time (although I think I can say most often unintentionally)… I must ask their pardon and/or God’s. If THEY forgive me, God most certainly will. If they WON’T, then JUSTICE calls for action from God on their part. However, I can ask GOD… for His “covering”… which is the blood of His Christ. I can’t make PEOPLE forgive me; but I can beseech God, through Christ, to do so.

God, however… doesn’t need ANYTHING from me. His “discipline” is not for HIS benefit… but for mine. Same as with any father’s discipline for a child. It is to keep the CHILD from harm… not the father.

If this is the case, which I believe it is in most Christian circles, does this eat at your heart in any way?

No, it does not. In any way. Because one, I know the TRUTH… who he is as well as HOW his is… and I am not what YOU know to be a “christian”. True, I am a christian, a chosen or anointed one, but I am a ‘chosen/anointed’ one of the Holy One of Israel, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob… who is MERCIFUL, SLOW to anger, and ABUNDANT in loving kindness. He is not a contradiction or a dichotomy. Therefore, I would tell you and all others who suffer this dilemma, that of making peace with who and/or what God truly is, something I’ve learned that makes more sense than almost anything else:

There are NO contradictions. Therefore, YOU… must check your premise. (Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged.)

Or, how do you explain it away?

Ah, now see? I find this statement curious: you asked questions; I responded. And you conclude by asking how do I “explain it away”, as if my responses would not be valid, but would, instead, be another attempt at explaining that which cannot BE explained. Which is not true. And which leaves ME to believe that no matter WHAT I would have stated, you’ve already made up your mind as to your position. I must ask then, if you’ve made up YOUR mind… why ask ME?

Or does it simply not concern you?

Well, I certainly think that not in the way it concerns YOU.

The greatest of love and peace to you, dear James T.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

S.J. Beautifully written. Thank you for your time and effort. You did a good job of placing your God in a very nice light. And you yourself come across as very patient and dedicated. It took me a while to realize that I must have ask the wrong questions, for I could not discern a significant answer. You are too kind to have purposely skirted around them. So please, if I may try one last time. What if things don't "go well" for us? What does it mean to "reap the sentence of whatever judgment comes upon you"...if "JUSTICE calls for action from God"? What is the "judgment", the payment of disobedience? What is in the dark chamber of the gun pointed to our head? Is it eternal death? Is it eternal damnation in some form of torture? What? You, "a chosen or anointed one" certainly must know. Please tell me of what I must fear most about your God? If I am to love Him, I certainly must know all about Him. I certainly must know if He is worthy of love, or even possible to love....don't you think? Your assumption "since you don’t care" (meaning me) is wrong. JamesT

• AGuest
    AGuest
    S.J... Beautifully written.

The greatest of love and peace to you, too, my dear James!

Luke 10:5, 6

Thank you for your time and effort.

No, I thank you! For I am YOUR servant, and wish to thank you for permitting me to be of service in responding to you... and for allowing me to speak "truth" to you without receiving sarcasm and ridicule in return. Again, thank you!

You did a good job of placing your God in a very nice light.

In truth, dear one, it required no effort for nothing has been exposed that I did not wish to have exposed. Nor is nothing hidden. I have no problem placing my Father in "a very nice light", for He indeed exists in such light, I promise you. It is not that He is... ummmmm… unkind, unloving and tyrannical; it is earthling man… in his effort to USE “fear of God” to get you to serve him (earthling man), that has painted my Father in such a "bad" light so as to get you to obey THEM... and follow THEM!

And where is it that they wish you to "follow" them? AWAY from God! And... with “our” help, they have, for most part... utterly succeeded. Jeremiah 8:8-12 Jeremiah 5:31

And you yourself come across as very patient and dedicated.

Well, if that is so, I must tell you that such "patience" is not mine, truly. I promise you. Whatever patience I display, it is only by means of that which has been given me ("long-suffering", or, better put, patience) by my Lord, which is a "fruit" of God's spirit. In and of myself, I am NOT patient , trust me (and I get myself in trouble sometimes because of it).

As for my dedication, my I offer another word? Thank you. That word is "loyal"... and yes, I am a loyal person: to my Father, my Lord, my family, my friends... and those who I know to be wrongly accused. I WILL stand up and speak... IF I know the accusation to be wrong. For God... and for my fellowman. Why? Because it is what I would want "done to me". People get wrongly accused day and night, left and right, in this world. And finding someone to have the courage (or the foolishness, depending on how you look at it – LOL!), to stand up and try to set the record straight is rare. We would much rather stay in our own "safe" little worlds, without having our own little boats "rocked"... even if it means someone innocent will be condemned. THAT... is the way of earthling man. But is it NOT the way of God. And it is God's "way" that drives me, for I am, indeed, a “foolish thing” in this world. And… earthling man's "way"... tends to sicken me, most times. For it serves his (earthling man's) purpose... and Satan's (the "father" of the lie).

It took me a while to realize that I must have asked the wrong questions, for I could not discern a significant answer.

I truly apologize, for I attempted to answer what I perceived you had asked, as my Lord permitted me. But, perhaps it was I who erred in my perception of your questions.

You are too kind to have purposely skirted around them.

Not necessarily (LOL!), but thank you, truly, for your kind words. In truth, I did not "skirt around" your questions, dear James, because I did not think there was any need to. I perceived you to be quite sincere and truly thought I was responding to what you asked, as I asked my Lord to give me the words.

So please, if I may try one last time.

Absolutely, by ALL means! And if you are not satisfied that your questions are answered this time, please… do NOT feel precluded from asking again. And again. And again. Indeed, KEEP asking... and it WILL be opened to you! With that said...

What if things don't "go well" for us?

Then, when my Lord arrives and he and his brothers "separate" the [sheep] from the [goats]... you may find yourself counted in among the [goats]. Which means you would be "cut off" from entry into the City of New Jerusalem, wherein lies the Tree of Life from which you must eat... to live forever. Do you die right away from such cutting off? No. There is still yet a 1,000 years to go. But you do continue to die, just as you are dying now.

Eventually, however, by means of being constituted a “goat,” you might find yourself among those whom Satan, after being released from the abyss, misleads to come against the Holy City, wherein lies the Tree of Life (or rather, wherein dwells my Lord), thinking that IF you can get to it … to him… and eat... you WILL live forever. However, for the sake of those who DO eat from such Tree… rightly… by means of being granted entry into the City and GRANTED to eat (versus laying siege to it to take what is not theirs TO take)... you might be destroyed. By fire. From God. Personally. Why? “Vengeance,” on behalf of those who were GRANTED entry and GRANTED to eat.

Matthew 25:34, 46

Revelation 22:14

Revelation 20:7-9

Deuteronomy 32:35

Isaiah 34:8

2 Thessalonians 1:6-8

But then, that would be right and just, wouldn't it? For it IS His Tree, HIS Son… HIS "true vine," "sprout" and "root of Jesse", yes? And thus, it is HE who grants permission to whom can eat from it/him. Yes?

John 6:44

John 15:16

And while it’s true that the invitation to eat is extended to “anyone,” were He to let those who “hate” what is “good” eat from it... and live forever... wherever would the justice and salvation come in for those who eat RIGHTLY... having received such "reward" for DOING good to their fellowman... versus hateful, hypocritical, evil and wicked conduct against them? I mean, can you imagine if Hitler, Pol Pot, et al., were to gain access to the Tree of Life... so as to eat... and live... FOREVER? Praise Jah, there's a "stop gap" for that!

Matthew 25:31-46

Genesis 3:23

Revelation 22:1, 2

The PROBLEM (forgive me for using that word, but it is correct) is that you've may have been misled by religion... and the WTBTS in particular... to believe that you must only "do good" to those THEY consider to be "anointed." Nothing could be farther from the truth! First, because those THEY consider to be anointed are actually "false" christs (anointed)! They are "harlots"... in that they (1) eat from the table of Jah as well as from the table of Satan; and (2) by following the false teachings and doctrines of such men, they DENY their one and only "husbandly" owner, Christ, and thus commit ADULTERY... not in the flesh, but IN THE SPIRIT! They HAVE a leader, Christ. But... whom do they follow? Who "leads them about" as a “husband”? Who have they "subjected" themselves to?

We fulfill this obligation, to do "good" to the "least of these [Christ's] brothers"... by doing good... to ALL! Even... our enemies! Why? Because (1) it is the direction given us by Christ and example he himself set, and, therefore PROVES who we are, and (2) earthling man does not KNOW who truly are Christ's brothers, for the eager expectation of the creation still awaits the "revealing" of the sons of God.

Matthew 4:43-48

Romans 8:19

It would behoove us, then, IF we want to “please” God… to do "good"... to ALL. Just as Christ did: NOT reviling when being reviled, and NOT returning evil for evil… but LOVING, FORGIVING, and RELEASING… by means of MERCY… to ALL… simply because we “WANT” to! Because, remember in the account, those who DID "good" asked: "WHEN did we do”... such and such? Dear James, if they KNEW who such ones were... Christ’s brothers… then they would have known when they did good to such one(s)!

Please... check your premise.

What does it mean to "reap the sentence of whatever judgment comes upon you"

The same as what it means in this world, were you to receive judgment from a lawful court: that if you were tried in court and found guilty, and a lawful judge gave you a sentence for some judgment entered against you, it would “mean” the carrying out of that sentence. Including a death sentence, if that was the sentence. “Guilty”… is the verdict. Your “life”… is the judgment. “Life [in prison],”… or “death” (by hanging, chair, lethal injection, execution, firing squad, etc.)… is the sentence.

And there will indeed be a trial, with a judge, God. The “witness” is your own deeds, good and vile, and the “jury” is yourself, for by means of how YOU judged and condemned, you will BE judged and condemned.

Daniel 7:9, 10

Revelation 20:11-15

Micah 6:2-8

And such a trial is right and just… for since we have put GOD on trial… He will ultimately put some of US on trial. But His “trial” is different from ours. For when you break the "laws" of this world, you may be tried, judged and sentenced, so, too, in that one, however, that you have been misled to believe that the "laws" of THAT world are similar to the "laws" of this one, in that they consist of "thou shalt nots." But that is not true: the "thou shalt nots" were FULFILLED... and replaced. With "you MUST(s)." And what are the "you must(s)"?

1. You MUST... love JAH your God with your WHOLE heart, your WHOLE soul, your WHOLE mind and your WHOLE strength...

... and...

2. You MUST... love your neighbor as yourself."

So that now, rather than be told what we SHOULDN'T do... we are told what we SHOULD do? Why? Because in those times when we do what we "shouldn't" do... we can beg for mercy and COVERING OVER... by means of having done what we "should" have done. For love... "covers a multitude of sins."

Because you WILL sin! You cannot keep the Law... in its entirety. And if you transgress ONE... you've transgressed them all... if it is the Law Covenant that you "live" by. Because sin... exists in your very flesh, which is WHY it carries “corruption” (i.e., sickness and death) in it! It is with regard to what you do... or don't do... ON PURPOSE... with the aim to harm another... and, therefore, by connection disrespect and deny God, however, that is the issue.

Matthew 25:40

Zecharaiah 2:8

Matthew 6:14, 15

Let me give you an example: My Lord said that "he that is ashamed of me before men, I will be ashamed of him before my Father," yes? And yet, Peter denied him THREE times! A direct denial of the Christ, yes? And yet, was/is my Lord ashamed of Peter? No, dear one. Why? Because he knows that what Peter did is not what Peter WANTED to do! But fear... which is a weakness of the flesh… caused Peter to err.

Yet... Peter KNEW that he could... and WOULD... be forgiven... and as a way of DEMONSTRATING this FAITH… this KNOWING… gave HIS life to telling others whose deeds... or lack of... caused them to feel "condemned" in their own hearts… that there was One who could... and WOULD... forgive them! That One did so when he walked the earth as flesh... and thus could most certainly do so... and to a greater extent... now that he was a spirit! So, Peter... having been "released"... went... NOT judging... NOT condemning... but RELEASING! And forgiving. Which is what WE have been TOLD to do.

Peter KNEW this… and thus felt obligated to “do unto others” what had been “done unto” him… MERCIFULLY. He went “releasing”… rather than “binding.” He went “loosing” people from the Law, rather than re-enslaving them to it. He went… because due to the mercy shown HIM… he “wanted” to. NOT because he was afraid God was going to annihilate him.

Contrary to the “commission” of Christ, however, earthling man has "sent" us out… to JUDGE others! Condemning and hating, rather than teach us to do "good"... and exercise MERCY and forgive and RELEASE such ones... they teach us to levy judgment and sentence against them. By whose “command”? Their own! For you never knew the Christ to be so! Why, when Peter struck off the ear of one who came to arrest my Lord the night before they put him to death in the flesh, my Lord STOPPED Peter… and restored the ear! If HE, then, had no “ill-will” against one coming even to have him slain, who are WE to “go reviling?”

That is NOT the “way” of God… as clearly seen by the life of my Lord. GOD’s way is to beg, plead, warn… and LOVE people back to Him; not to SCARE people back to Him. THAT… is man’s way… earthling man who WANTS to live by means of the Law Covenant… and so, will ultimately be CONDEMNED by it. They will "reap" judgment, the same judgment that they themselves are issuing.

And this... is "just". Again, with regard to how all of this works, what you've been told versus what Christ taught and personally did, I ask you... check your premise.

...if "JUSTICE calls for action from God"?

Perhaps I should restate this to say that "justice" ALWAYS calls for action from God, for God Himself promises vengeance. However, it is still God's prerogative… just as it is any father’s… as to whether He will indeed act... and, if He does, how. For He shows mercy... to whomever HE wishes to show it… under whatever circumstances and for whatever reasons HE chooses. But, we should also not forget that when "justice" calls out, it does not always cry out for "God" to act. Rather, sometimes Justice calls out for other people to act--but in doing so, they must act rightly. How do we know what is right? It must be founded in love, so that when it must occur, God wants "us" to act for the BENEFIT of each other. That was the very principles of the Law Covenant. Earthling man, however, in his self-righteousness... took such actions too far... WANTING to judge and condemn... getting great joy out of it. Think of the Pharisees and the adulterous woman.

And earthling man would have you believe it not so, but that HIS judgments are "righteous". But I ask you to think of King David, who, when asked by God whether he (David) wanted to be judged by man... or God... chose God. Why? Because he knew, and thus said, that God... was even more merciful than earthling man. It is earthling man who has misled you to believe that God is quick to anger… and unmerciful. Why? So that he (earthling man), by means of instilling a wrong fear of God IN you… can “control” you. Again, he (earthling man) seems to be succeeding, in the case of most.

What is the "judgment", the payment of disobedience?

Again, you have been misled. The "wage"… or price… of sin... is death. But... because He LOVES us... God sent His Son to pay that price FOR us! NOW... we can receive the GIFT that God gives... of everlasting life. However, you have to CHOOSE to ACCEPT that "gift"... and the means by which is it given... through God's Son... his flesh and blood… in order to RECEIVE it.

When God told Adam/Eve not to eat of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Bad or they would die, dear James, it was not a decree of a punishment that He would exact upon them - IT WAS A WARNING: "Looks, kids, there's a Tree out there that if you eat from it will kill you. It's leaves are poison to you (because they are also poison to some much more… powerful… than you, and if it will kill them, certainly it will kill you), so stay away from it. Don't even touch it, 'cause if you do, you might be tempted to eat from it. And I don't WANT you to die." But, well, another came along and said, "Your dad's lying; He knows that if you eat of it, you won't need HIM any longer to tell you what to do. You can do what you want to." Bottom line? Presumptuous… and ambitious kids: Dad was only trying to PROTECT them from harm. They couldn’t see it.

And even still, once they ate, He COULD have reversed the damage right then and there. But... did they ASK for reversal... for forgiveness? Or... did they blame him, each other... and the "bad" man?

The same is true for us: all we need DO... is ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR OUR ACTIONS! Acknowledge them... their "wickedness"... and ask forgiveness. Then, use the SACRIFICE that has been provided... the flesh and blood of Christ. However, we must be TRUTHFUL in our sorrow about what we've done and that... is called "repentance." We cannot just take the undeserved kindness that has been granted us by means of a provision of a perpetual sacrifice and USE it... as an "excuse" for loose conduct. It is "city of refuge" for those who cannot help the error, or did not truly wish to commit the error and would have done differently if they possibly could. Some even continue in an error due to weakness. Can they themselves stop it? In some instances, yes… like Zacchaeus, the extortioner. But in some instances, no: they cannot themselves and so NEED Christ… to “cleanse” them, by means of holy spirit.

Since we are, all of us, sinners... and therefore weak... we WILL do things we don't want to do. And in that case, it is the "sin"... that is IN us. And since Gods KNOWS we are "dust"... He understands. You cannot hide what is truly in your heart from Him, and it is such "hiding" that is detestable to Him. For it presumes Him to be a fool. CONFESS your errors, then... and ask for forgiveness by means of the flesh and blood... of Christ.... and then put FAITH ("assured expectation") in that sacrifice and such forgiveness. For it is the only means by which your conscience… your heart… can be cleansed.

And note, it is this same sacrifice, the flesh and blood of Christ... that the "false christs" of the WTBTS have DENIED you... RESTRICTED from you... PRECLUDED you from partaking of... PROHIBITED you from benefitting from... and thus, have "shut up the kingdom of the heavens before" YOU! Because “unless blood is poured out, there is NO ATONEMENT!” But... it does NOT have to be so! YOU... can obey the words of my Lord, that ANYONE who eats of it will live forever.

What is in the dark chamber of the gun pointed to our head?

There is no "gun" pointed at you, dear one (i.e., God is NOT saying, "Love me... or I'll kill 'ya!" He IS saying, "Love one another and thereby love me... or you will die, because love... will prevail; hatred HAS to be done away with."). There is, rather, an abyss... a hole... a deep chasm, per se, into which you WILL "fall", from which, after a certain point, there is no possibility of return. Thus, you must be pulled BACK from it… and thereafter “guided”… AROUND it!

Psalm 119:105

Revelation 19:13

John 8:12

John 1:4-13

1 Peter 2:21

And that “hole”… that we can fall into and never get out of... is destruction. Not torture, not punishment, not pain. Just... the end. Gone. Nothing. No body AND no spirit. And it is not "pointed" at you, as if God is just chomping at the bit to punish you. It is laid out BEFORE you, so that the ONLY way to get AROUND it... is to walk on a "narrow" way. It lies in darkness so that you need a "light" to see so that you DON'T fall in. The blind guides, however, are themselves falling in… and they are leading those who are also blind right in with them!

Matthew 15:14

Is it eternal death?

Yes... and no. It is not death, as in the "sleeping" of the flesh. Rather, it is destruction, the end of the body (flesh) AND the spirit. For although the body (flesh) dies and returns to the dust, it Can be resurrected because the SPIRIT still lives on. Thus, the spirit... must be destroyed. And it can ONLY be destroyed... by fire… from heaven.

Matthew 10:28

Genesis 19:24

Revelation 20:9, 10, 15

Is it eternal damnation in some form of torture? What?

Nope, it is a quick and painless end... of one's body... AND one's spirit. Done. Destroyed. Never to come back, for there is nothing to resurrect. The spirit has been “wiped out.” And THIS... is only for Gog... Magog... Sodom and Gomorrah… and those who are resurrected... "to judgment." (which would included the “judged” of Capernaum and Chorazin, if Jah wills). Those who are resurrected to "life"... receive a "white robe"... or spirit BODY... and enter into the spirit realm.

Matthew 11:20-24

You, "a chosen or anointed one" certainly must know.

Dear James, I am a "foolish" thing, so that I know nothing except my Lord. Certainly not even all of the apostles knew everything, yes? Yet, I know my Lord… and by means of him, I know the Father… for he (my Lord) is the “exact representation” of the Holy One of Israel. Thus, it is my Lord who "knows", by means of my Father... and I have only told you what he has given me. Being chosen by such one, however, does not necessarily mean one has knowledge… for some, although chosen… must still learn to HEAR… and put faith in the voice of my Lord when he speaks to truth to them about these things… rather than in what earthling man has taught them.

Proverbs 8:4-11

John 10:1-6, 27

Hebrews 12:25

Matthew 17:3

John 5:39, 40

John 7:37, 38

Please tell me of what I must fear most about your God?

That He WILL "avenge" the righteous and the innocent. He will. Do NOT doubt it… for He has promised such to such ones. And yet, He can also show mercy, and such ones, because they are “Christ-like” will have no problem with that, for they, too, will be eager to show mercy.

Alternatively, if you've tried your best to do "good" to your fellowman, so that there is nothing TO avenge with regard to you... or, alternatively, if there is, you've taken advantage of the sacrificial "covering" that God has so lovingly provided... the atoning benefit of the flesh and blood of His Son and Christ, so that in EATING of that “Tree” you may be granted everlasting life… you have NOTHING to fear. For love... "casts fear... OUTSIDE."

If I am to love Him, I certainly must know all about Him.

You cannot know “all about Him,” dear one. For who knows the mind of God? But we can CERTAINLY know… and have… the mind of Christ, can’t we?

1 Corinthians 2:14-16

I certainly must know if He is worthy of love, or even possible to love....don't you think?

That He is “worthy” of love?! Oh, dear James… you have it quite wrong, dear one! Did you not read and have you not heard that God… is not needing ANYTHING from us? It is ONE ANOTHER that He wants us to love, dear one! IF we can love one another… whom we HAVE seen… then we can love Him… who we have NOT seen. But… if we cannot love those whom we HAVE seen… we CANNOT be loving Him who we have NOT seen. We DEMONSTRATE our love of God and Christ, then, dear one… BY LOVING EACH OTHER.

And so, given this, I ask YOU: IS it possible to love God?

Your assumption "since you don’t care" (meaning me) is wrong.

Yes, I understand that. But that was just my feeble attempt at giving you a “taste” of your own “assumptive” medicine. You… assumed… I would “explain away” my Father, simply because that is all you have ever received. Being “lumped” in is not such a good thing, is it? SMILE!

I hope this has served to provide you with some answers, dear James. I must tell you, however, that there is a “better” way for you to receive them… and that is to go directly TO the Way: ask HIM. Ask God, through, Christ, to grant you His holy spirit so as to “prepare” for you a body with ears “excavated” so that you can HEAR. And then… hear… what the Spirit and the Bride says to YOU:

“Come! Take ‘life’s water’… free!”

May the undeserved kindness and mercy of my God and Father, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, who is the Holy One of Israel, and whose name is JAH… of Armies… and the peace of His Son and Christ, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH… come to be upon you… if you indeed so wish it.

YOUR servant, and a slave of Christ, SJ

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Again, eloquent and sincere. I on the other hand am simple of mind and words and honestly have no such talent; and so must boil things down to the simplest of elements in order to discern any meaning. The first and foremost commandment is straight forward and clear

"1. You MUST... love JAH your God with your WHOLE heart, your WHOLE soul, your WHOLE mind and your WHOLE strength..."

And if we do not ...

" there will indeed be a trial, with a judge, God... God Himself promises vengeance.... it is destruction, the end of the body (flesh) AND the spirit. For although the body (flesh) dies and returns to the dust, it Can be resurrected because the SPIRIT still lives on. Thus, the spirit... must be destroyed. And it can ONLY be destroyed... by fire… from heaven."

So again, it comes down to "Love me, or I will kill you". Forgive me SJ, if you have presented something here that says otherwise. But when all is said and done this very stark statement seems to be the end result, and jumps out at me like a speeding semi truck. You can paint it pretty and put lights on it -- it's still a speeding truck. I have searched deep within my heart, dear SJ, and I am incapable of loving that, which will kill me if I don't. No matter how you express it, for me, it goes against the nature of love. So, years ago I began to question my understanding of God. I have no problem with the secondary commandment :

" 2. You MUST... love your neighbor as yourself."

This rings wise and true. In fact, if I was in your Gods place, there would never be the need to kill a single soul; let alone millions or billions. For I would realize that my creation is only as good or bad as what I give them, for indeed of themselves they are nothing. Any goodness, any Christ-like attributes are mine expressed from within them -- and not theirs. Thus, all ignorance and seeming disobedience would be forgiven, for to judge them and to condemn them, is simply to judge and condemn myself; as they are but an expression of my failure and short comings. I did not feed them adequately. I did not give them the vision to see. If I was God, my love would be Infinite and have no end, or boundary. Period. The above sense or feeling was what I found in my heart, so I had to ask myself "is my love more Christ-like than God's? Am I, who am nothing, capable of sensing or imagining a love far greater than God's? Of course not! God's love must be INFINITELY greater than my feeble sense of things. Thus, I understood, it was my traditional and orthodox beliefs and ideas about God that were limited and tiny....not God.

I hope this has served to provide you with some answers, dear James. I must tell you, however, that there is a “better” way for you to receive them… and that is to go directly TO the Way: ask HIM. Ask God, through, Christ, to grant you His holy spirit so as to “prepare” for you a body with ears “excavated” so that you can HEAR. And then… hear… what the Spirit and the Bride says to YOU"

Beautifully said, and I have done this and still do. I have come to see that ideas of God -- as a person or thing -- wandering about through time and space, are only creations of the mind and have no bearing on Truth. God/our Source, is not so tiny as to be limited to somewhere other than here and now; and through our believing ourselves separate from the Infinity of God, we have, in a sense, reaped the "judgment" of which you mentioned. We have (in our minds) cut ourselves off from the Source, the Beloved, our Sustenance. The remedy is simply to love God/Truth enough, to see otherwise. Perhaps our ways are no so different SJ. It may be more a drastically different way of expression and semantics. Then again...? I appreciate SJ, your time and attention that you have given me, and your ability of expression with words and scripture. I myself seldom if ever use scriptures, as it's words can easily and mistakenly belittle and diminish God, so that we come to believe and accept our Source, as simply a big invisible man with very human qualities. For me, to love God with my whole heart, mind and soul is to forsake everything that belittles and separates me from God...which is pretty much everything I have ever been taught. JamesT

• AGuest
    AGuest

Ahhh, James T., the greatest of peace to you!

I do not think we are that far apart in our thinking, dear one... and perhaps you misunderstood me. So, I... will speak simply, so that perhaps you can "hear" what it was I truly said:

1. You CANNOT be loving God, whom you haven't seen, if you DO NOT love your brother whom you HAVE seen. If, then, you love your brother, you love... God.

2. In order to love your brother "AS YOURSELF"... you must love... yourself.

3. If you do not love yourself, hence, you cannot love your brother, hence, you cannot be loving God. And in this case, for what purpose DO you exist? For the purpose of pleasing another, an "enemy" of God... to HATE yourself, and therefore your brother... and therefore... God.

For it was FOR the purpose of love... and as a RESULT of it... that the entire creation... including you... was brought INTO existence.

Unfortunately, earthling MAN... in his LACK of [the law of] love... or "lawLESSness"... has misled you... and others... to believe that God is NOT "good"... that He is NOT "righteous"... but WE are. You forget, though, that man's... ummmm... "state"... is NOT because of God... but because of an ENEMY of God... and of you.

WHY must there be the "decree"... "you MUST... or?" Because we do NOT love in and of ourselves. We do NOT "know" God so as to know love. Earthling man... in his dealings with one another... has proven that over and over and over again. And THAT is because God... is not IN most of us; therefore, LOVE... in not IN most of us. Not automatically, dear one. Not "naturally".

Now, I know that perhaps you... and some others... would say that there are all kinds of people who don't believe in God... and yet, love. My Lord's response to that would be, "when people do BY NATURE the things of the law, they are a law... UNTO THEMSELVES." These, although perhaps not professing a belief in God, LIVE the Law and that in and of itself negates their denial. It is not that they don't believe in God; it's that they don't believe in the "God" that earthling man has campaigned. And who can blame them? If He was as heinous and "exacting" as earthling man has made Him out to be... who COULD love Him? But He Himself has told us what He is "like": merciful, full of loving kindness, slow to anger, not keeping account of the error... and more.

Because in some instances He has acted like a "good" father... on behalf of some of His children against their enemies, some deem Him "evil". And yet, those same someone's cry out to Him when THEY want vengeance and/or retribution. Israel did it all the time so that eventually He tired of them. What father wouldn't? Even we of the flesh can grow tired of a child that "uses" us.

Bottom line, James: if you love God... you will love your brother (including your enemy, for we are all brothers, in Adam/Noah)... and if you love your brother... you will love... yourself.

It doesn't work any other way. For if you leave out one of these... you WILL... like Cain... "sin". For "anger" is ALWAYS crouching at the "door" of suchlike ones... because for them IS its "craving." But those who are TRUE sons of God... do not "go reviling when being reviled," nor do they "return evil for evil," but rather, love even their enemies... and thus PROVE themselves to be sons of God. And even the most passive person in the world can fail here... because to be passive is NOT the same as to love. Passivity has it boundaries. Love... does not. It NEVER fails.

And that's probably about as simple as I can put it, dear James, such that my Lord has permitted me. I am not "eloquent" or any such fancy thing. I am but a good-for-nothing slave... who knows the Truth... and by such knowledge knows God... and will stand before any man say that they are both... innocent... of the "charges" that puny earthling man always wants to levy against them.

It is not God who falls short in His understanding of us; He knows that we are "mere dust." No, it is WE... who fall short of understanding... and knowing... Him, as He "really" is.

Again, I bid you the GREATEST of love and peace. Truly, may the undeserved kindness and mercy of my God and Father, the Holy One of Israel, whose name is JAH... of Armies... and the wonderful peace of His Son and Christ, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, come to be upon you... if you so wish it.

YOUR servant... and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    "And THAT is because God... is not IN most of us; therefore, LOVE... in not IN most of us. Not automatically, dear one. Not 'naturally'."

I understand SJ, your need to hold on to such separating and exclusionary beliefs to vindicate a God which ultimately kills and destroys. There must be good and evil classes or your idea of God falls apart. You're getting first hand experience of what it means to eat from the tree of good and evil, you just don't know it. Indeed, the majority of people would agree with you. It certainly seems that God is not "IN" most of us; and not the "natural" essence of our true being. No denying that. But this is where your and my vision takes a major turn (or perhaps again, it is just a semantics problem). We seem to have a choice. Do I bear witness with "this world" and it's testimony that God is indeed absent from most as you say? Do I honor and accept the material and carnal as true? Do I agree with the world's evidence that God is too tiny, too limited, to be here now! We are certainly free to do so; but, since when was "this world" the purveyor and herald of truth??? Is it not, far more likely that we are the problem, rather than God? Is it not far more likely that it is OUR ignorance and blindness to the Living-Presence of God, rather than God's absence and limits? Is it not far more likely OUR numbness and lack of presence, rather than God's incompleteness, distance or boundaries? Why do we so easily place the blame, the shortcomings on God? I shall truly come to love my neighbor as myself, when I come to see within my own being that what Jesus said was not a restrictive or relative truth " I and the Father are One", but a universal truth. Then, to love others -- is to love me -- is to love God. For the separation has evaporated. God's limits and boundaries seen as illusory. We are free to believe in and worship as tiny and restrictive an idea of God as we please. Myself, fool that I am, have come to see that God's only limits are those I create in my mind. God is always more, and never ever less. Closer, never farther. I need only be still, and know. I have no scriptures to quote. No teaching to share or preach. No stories or drama to tell. The truth is felt, or it is not. Either way, it does not mean it is not here; as clouds do not prove the absence of the sun. It's not easy to let go of ideas of God as a deity or person, just another character within a grand drama of good against evil. It takes a great deal of trust and love for God's Infinite and unlimited Presence over all conflicting evidence. It takes an inner knowing that God is not within the universe; the universe is within God. I bid you too SJ, the greatest of love and peace. And forgive me if I offend, or read something in your post that you did not say or mean. JamesT

• AGuest
    AGuest

"forgive me if I... read something in your post that you did not say or mean..."

No, dear James... I that quite the opposite... that you are MISSING what I am saying, which is quite what YOU are saying... that God is NOT 'tiny', etc. And for the life of me, as I read your post, I could not figure out what it was between us that was "different"... until I hear my Lord direct me:

YOU... have a bit of difficulty "hearing" what I am saying because... of my use of the Bible. And I absolutely understand that. What you perhaps do not understand is that I do not put my faith in the Bible. Not at all! And that is because my Lord has taught me, pursuant to his recorded words at John 5:39, 40:

"You are searching the scriptures... because you think that by means of THEM... you will have everlasting life. And these are the very ones... that bear witness... about ME. And yet, you do not want to come... to ME... so that you may have life."

I had "heard" those words, and put faith in them, without ever reading them. When I told others, however, that we do NOT need the Bible, that it is NOT the "word" of God, nor is it the "truth," folks found that hard to take. THEY had to see it... in writing. And one day, lo and behold... there they were!

I say that to explain to you WHY I use Bible citations: because MOST people lack faith and cannot believe something they cannot see! Rather than having the "law" [of love] written on their HEARTS... they need to SEE it... written on "stone tablets"... or in pen and ink. For them, the writing serves as a "witness".

SHOULD we need such writings in order to know God? No! And I have said that here again and again... and again. My posts are archived here for all to see: the Bible is NOT the 'source' of life... nor is it the 'source' we should look to... and listen to... for truth! It is, instead, a PEDAGOGUE... leading us TO the Truth! (John 14:6) But we should all, at some point, GROW UP... so as not to NEED a pedagogue... but to be able to "walk" as "mature" men... in God through Christ.

But not all are able, dear James. I can speak and say who it is who directs me; however, most cannot put faith in that: they need to SEE the 'source' of my 'authority' to speak. And since they can't see Christ (although he said he was 'with' us... 'all the days'... and so his presence is invisible), and by relation, can't see God... they NEED something to see. And the Bible is all there is for such ones.

Why use it with you, then? Because you are not the only one who reads my posts. True, they have, in this instance, been directed toward you... for it is you who have engaged me. However, the information is free for ALL who wish to 'hear'. Just as whem my Lord said, "Tell me, Simon..." and yet, was speaking to all within hearing distance.

You are correct, dear James: the "defect"... is our own. And that is one of the things I have been directed to say to "Israel"... and those that go with them. God is INNOCENT of what we accuse Him of. However, His vengeance, if and when He deems to take it... is not "evil"... for He takes it... on behalf of the righteous. Someone has to, for we ourselves won't, but will keep biting at each other, until we annihilate one another. The number of those 'noble-minded' enough to LIVE the 'law' of love... is FAR outnumbered by those who aren't.

My belief in good and evil does not exist to support by belief in God. It exists... because I live in world where it is very evident. VERY evident.

As always, I bid you the greatest of peace... and I remain,

YOUR servant, and a slave of Christ... to time indefinite,

SJ

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    Unfortunately, earthling MAN... in his LACK of [the law of] love... or "lawLESSness"... has misled you... and others... to believe that God is NOT "good"... that He is NOT "righteous"... but WE are. You forget, though, that man's... ummmm... "state"... is NOT because of God... but because of an ENEMY of God... and of you.

shelby darlink you're bloody incurable ya know that?

here sweetheart, take a kiss from an earthy man

best wishes to your offsprings too (you letting that boy use the stove yet lol)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit