"For as OFTEN as you eat it...."

by AGuest 65 Replies latest jw friends

• COMF
    COMF
    Twice as much...

No, ma'am. And you are aware of the fact. You are lying as always. You know as well as everyone else that the number of posts indicates only how many times we clicked on a button.

Let's count words.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Trying to understand God by his supposed book is really difficult for me. I have been trying to understand mankind's stupid ways of killing one another for years. It has been happening since the beginning of history. Then it dawned on me, it was copied from the bible's description of God's actions.

What is the first thing he did. Sentenced all mankind to death, then invented the sword(which was used for centuries by men to kill) to guard the tree of life, then killed all mankind except for a few in a flood. Then he chose a few Jews and used them to go on a killing spree for centuries, then had his son come to earth to be killed, let his followers be killed because they were trying to be faithful, then promised to kill the majority of mankind in a final battle. The God of the bible doesn't seem like the loving God that SJ describes, or maybe his creation didn't work like he thought it would, even the spirit creation went haywire. Now if he knew what was going to happen to his creation that means he was responsible for it.

I guess I need to eat a little flesh and drink a little blood and ignore all that has happened down through centuries and get born again and don't worry bout nuting.

Ken P.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    Then it dawned on me, it was copied from the bible's description of God's actions.

i beg to differ ken, .. didn't man create god/s in his image? (kinda like Shelby made Lord MetholJAHoVolotile in the image of ... mmm run that GoD by me again Shelby.

unc

• gumby
    gumby
    See ya in heaven Unc.

He won't be there because he is afraid of heights. He likes to keep his feet on the ground

Gumby

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Blackout... may you have peace... and you are quite right. And I apologize for allowing myself to "go there"; it's an old issue and I should have let it pass, really. Ah, well, the heart and the flesh... both can betray us from time to time, yes?

Unk... peace to you and sorry, but I can't see it just now (Psalm 120:7)

Dear Ken P., may you, too, have peace, and I would like to respond, if I may. Thank you.

Trying to understand God by his supposed book is really difficult for me.
    If you are referring to the Bible, dear one, such is not "God's Book"... but contains some of it, as well as a great deal of other stuff. There is the misconception that the Bible is God's "word", which is entirely untrue, and the Bible itself states what... or rather WHO that "word" is: John 1:1, 14; Revelation 19:13
    I have been trying to understand mankind's stupid ways of killing one another for years. It has been happening since the beginning of history. Then it dawned on me, it was copied from the bible's description of God's actions.
    Sorry, Ken, but I must disagree with you here: the first killing took place at the hand of earthling man... Cain... who killed his own brother, Abel. So, it seems to me that earthling man set the precedent. As for the actions of God, I would have to ask you to research the entire account of which you speak... and check your premise: was there any justification for any of such acts? (Before you answer with events like the Flood and/or Sodom and Gomorrah, I would ask you to think of the obligation to plead the cause of the lowly, and to avenge the oppressed... and who it is that has that ultimate obligation... and who it is that earthling man's cries go out to take such actions).
    What is the first thing he did. Sentenced all mankind to death, then invented the sword(which was used for centuries by men to kill) to guard the tree of life, then killed all mankind except for a few in a flood.
    Again, I must disagree. The FIRST thing He did... was WARN mankind... as HE always does... against doing something to their own detriment... and possibly that of the entire species. If earthling man ignored Him in that... to the detriment of the entire species... what was to stop him from committing even more detrimental acts? I find it quite curious that earthling man finds fault with God for removing a bad tenant... and bad leader... one who completely disregarded a warning that would effect ALL humans... but have no problem doing so themselves against humans THEY feel need such... ummmm... "eviction." Earthling man always sees himself "righteous" in his unrighteous acts of taking action... and, yet condemns God. But truly, there should be no surprise: Adam did the SAME thing: took what was not his... and then blamed both God... and the companion God gave him. Certainly, in his eyes, the "defect" was not his own... but God's for giving him a "defected" woman. Man... dominates man... to HIS own injury, dear Ken P. We all have the God-given ABILITY to do "good" to one another, regardless of the "example" we may think was set... and/or who we think set it.
    Then he chose a few Jews and used them to go on a killing spree for centuries
    He in fact chose "Abraham's seed"... which included more than the Jews; 10 other tribes, to be exact. And warnings were issued to those who also had taken what was not theirs, which fact they knew. The land was given to Abraham... by God Himself, the One who created the land in the first place; however, while Israel was in Egypt others, who "knew" the God of Abraham, took what was NOT theirs to take. When the Israelites left Egypt, what was theirs should have been returned to them. Ah, yes, "finder's keepers, loser's weeper's," yes? That's not even true in THIS world (well, unless you think Europeans and the New World... and even then it wasn't found... but taken... at the cost of a great many lives... yes?). Well, I think that was Adam's "take" on it, too, though he didn't have the cahones to say so, but blamed others ("I took something that was not mine to take, even though I was warned not to take it. But I'm just a weak, puny little man who had NO choice... because YOU sent me someone flawed and SHE gave it to me. No, I couldn't make any other decision, because YOU two forced me into this position!") My goodness, are we ALL cowards? Can not ANY of us take responsibility for our actions and say, "Yes, I did this... and yes, it was/is wrong... and yes, I wish I hadn't, didn't... but I was/am weak... and so I did/do? Please forgive me?" What is the BIG deal? Ah, yes... the appearance of weakness! We would rather HIDE our own weaknesses and blame others... rather than admit and confess them... because to do so... and ask forgiveness would be "weak". Yes, I think I get that... Earthling man has a plethora of laws that we blindly follow because... well, it's the law. "The government says so." But for the Holy One of Israel, the Creator of Heaven and Earth to have laws... no, that won't do. He... doesn't have the RIGHT to make them. Thing is, dear Ken P., perhaps He didn't. Perhaps there is something BIGGER than He that made such laws... and He is only the Enforcer. What would that something be? Love. Now, I know that perhaps you don't get that, but I think that if you thought about it for a while, you would get it. I'm sure you would if you check your premise(s).
    then had his son come to earth to be killed
    To save... the world. Do you not see the love in that action, ONE life... for MANY? We certainly seem to "see" it when a human does it...
    let his followers be killed because they were trying to be faithful
    Wait a sec: it's okay to sacrifice your life for your human king, president, country... who has NO power to bring you back... but not for GOD... who does have such power? (Okay, I'm trying to understand the thinking here...)
    then promised to kill the majority of mankind in a final battle.
    You've been misled; your word "majority" smacks of WTBTS teachings. If you read the account, "a third" does not constitute a "majority." AND... those that are destroyed in the final battle themselves waged the war. THEY... "came against" God, by coming against His Holy City to lay siege to it. What would you suggest He do?
    The God of the bible doesn't seem like the loving God that SJ describes,
    I would have to ask you, then, to re-read the Bible, keeping the events in sequence. But truly, there is better, much more accurate... and certainly less time consuming way, which would be to look at my Lord, who is the "image" of God, the EXACT REPRESENTATION of His being... and see if you might not think differently afterward. You might... if you check your premise(s).
    or maybe his creation didn't work like he thought it would, even the spirit creation went haywire.
    Dear Ken P., I can't see anywhere where it says He created robots. HE... created out of love. Has that creation RETURNED such love? Again, I would ask you to check your premise(s).
    Now if he knew what was going to happen to his creation that means he was responsible for it.

This one always makes me chuckle just a bit: IF God knew... and thus is responsible... which I am not denying; I may just have difference of opinion as to WHY... who are we... puny little humans that we are... to question His actions? IF He is as... ummmm... "exacting" as you and others say He is... and vengeful as you and others believe Him to be... true, He might not have your respect, but He would certainly warrant your FEAR, wouldn't He? But I see a contradiction, myself: IF He is as impulsively vengeful as you and others believe Him to be... why are those who decry and ridicule Him... and persecute Him as well as the "lowly" one... who commit genocide, etc.,... still here? If He is SO quick to anger, why has He NOT acted? My position: He is NOT unkind, unloving, unmerciful and exacting so as to mete out vengeance without a thought for a plea of consideration or mercy from someone; rather, He IS a God of loving kindness, merciful and SLOW to anger... as my Lord DEMONSTRATED Him to be. He has, however, had to RESORT to using fear as a "tool"... because WE... are hard-headed... and hard-hearted. He tried to warn Adam... He tried to warn Cain. He tried to warn the Israelites. None heeded the warning given them... but did just as they wanted to do. Just as the rest of us do not listen and heed warnings, but do as we wish to do. Including me. Because of not having the law... of LOVE... written ON THEIR HEARTS... He has to spell it out for them. Did that work? I'll let you think on that one... As for me, I will at least ACKNOWLEDGE to Him that I did as I wanted... as a result of my OWN weakness and not His flaw... and ask Him to let it go, forgive it... grant me mercy and cover it over. And He does, every time. If, however, I wished to stand rigid, stubborn that I myself had committed no wrong, but whatever error occurred was HIS fault... then I think that I should "reap" the "fruits" of that action, whatever such fruit should be. For I can't BE forgiven... and have my error "covered"... if I don't ask for such. And I won't ask for such... if I don't believe I am in the wrong. Which, arrogants that we are, most of don't believe about ourselves. In fact, many of us USE this, the "right" of forgiveness when WE have wronged another: "Well, they should forgive me!" WHY?! Have you acknowledged your error and ASKED for such? Ah, no... because THEY... and GOD... owes ME! Well, while it is true that we "owe" each other love and forgiveness... those who think like that... are in error. Seriously. Because it works both ways: we owe love and forgiveness, true... but we also "owe" to ask for it. Personally, when the "lights" go on... and ALL are standing there... I don't want to be found "naked"... my "errors" out there for ALL to see. I'd much rather admit them NOW... to those who love me... as well as to you, if necessary, and certainly to Him... and ask for "covering"... from you and Him... and thus be given "clothing"... LOVE. 'Cause my nakedness ain't FOR the average eyes. Lordy, I'd render some folks blind, I would! No, trust me: YOU would much rather me have my nakedness "covered", I promise you (pun intended). And I don't particularly want to see yours (no pun intended).

I guess I need to eat a little flesh and drink a little blood and ignore all that has happened down through centuries and get born again and don't worry bout nuting.
    If you so choose to, dear Ken P. For it IS offered... FREE... and those "in union" with Christ... have "no condemnation." However, if you DO choose to, I would warn you to do so "worthily"... and that does NOT mean having approval by the WTBTS. Rather, it means... being CLEAN... inside your "cup" or "vessel"... in your heart. This removal of condemnation, by means of the flesh and blood of Christ, carries with it a caveat: that YOU forgive those who've trespassed against YOU... so as to have YOUR trespasses forgiven. Otherwise, you are judging... and will BE judged as a result. You would be eating and drinking... in HYPOCRISY... and therefore eating and drinking judgment... against yourself. To all of you who think God to be "guilty"... based on the understanding of what is written having been given you by earthling man... I would ask you: check your premise. I, too, have had the... ummmm... cahones... to "question" the Holy One of Israel... and, praise JAH... He sent His Son to tell me the TRUTH! Earthling man will tell you THEIR "take" on things... and lead you to believe that WHEN action was taken by JAH... He was and felt glorified. That is untrue. For it was when my Lord healed the sick, fed the hungry, raised the dead... and forgave the sins of those who asked so that they felt able to stand UPRIGHT before God again (which things the religious leaders were SUPPOSED to do!)... and when WE do such things, too... that it was and is... that my Father is glorified. Re-read the accounts, please... and check your premise(s). A servant to the Household of God, Israel, and those who "go with" them, and a slave of Christ, SJ

Spawn... it says what it says. If it means something different, I am not aware of it.

• gumby
    gumby

run that GoD by me again Shelby.

I've told you over and over.....it's "Jesuit jesse carmichael"

Gumby ( you are a rascal unc )

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

no way gumby .. there's definitely a mentholBarHumingbug in there ..

but let's not fight over this my little house of ishmale .. we can ask him when we get there

• Farkel
    Farkel

UB:

There's no way to win here. She not only has God on her side, she personally KNOWS God, and she not only personally KNOWS GOD, she know GOD so well that GOD actually tells her stuff.

There's no way to win here, when someone has so much GOD on their side.

Go fishing and forget about it! I would think that GOD wouldn't mind so much of you went fishing. If he did, then He's not very nice. But there's alway fish, and fish don't judge and condemn folks. We just catch 'em and eat 'em!

Farkel

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Get behind me Farkel! you ARE a very bad earthly man - me and gumby IS going to heaven AND you, oh DICKWEED of LUCIFER can't DO a thing to stop us!!!

the great MetholBARjahSnuffAlaughAcus sayeth through his most humple SARGENT AGustus ---->>> in fact "warnings WAS issued to those who also had taken the piss what was not theirs, which fact they knew. . Ah, yes, "finder's of fishes keepers, loser's of fishers weeper's," yes? That's not even true in THIS world (well, unless you think European CARP and the New World.BUTTERFISH .. and even then it wasn't found... but taken... at the cost of a great many WHALES... yes?). Well, I think that was AF's "take" on it, too, though he didn't have the catfish's to say so, but blamed OTTERS ("I snook something that was not mine to hake, even though I was warned not to bake it. But I'M just a weak, puny little fisherman who had NO choice... because YOU sent me someone floundered and SHE groupered it to me. No, I couldn't make any other decision, because YOU two forced me into this herring bone corset!") want any more of mother SHELBY's wisdom punk!! A servant to the Household of Cod, fishreel, and those who "BATTER" them, and a kipper of the word of Christ, unc who looked in Sheby's eye! ....a small plaintive cry from the belly of the GREAT baracoota squeaks .."help!"

• COMF
    COMF

It's not too much for you, Shelby. You can grasp the concept. Just shrink it down to one thread... this one, for example. Just count your words and mine, and tell me mine are twice as many as yours.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit