murders at school

by zeb 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Giordano
    Giordano

Better yet provide a free lunch, breakfast, afternoon snacks/beverage to police officers, sheriff's deputies, State Troopers etc. at the school who can come and go as they need to.

A camera system that can be monitored by the police in the event of a problem.

Always have a police car parked near the lobby as a deterrent.

Use police communications and training to shut down a shooter immediately.

A Special alarm that differs from the Fire alarm. Kids don't respond with any real urgency to 'just another fire alarm'.

Bullet Proof glass/plexi and bullet proof doors on every school class room. Turn every classroom into a place of safety in seconds.

Summertime exercises by responding officers to get thoroughly familiar with the schools they are responsible for. Make sure a select group of school administrators/ coaches/teachers participate with the officers so that they can understand how to keep students safe.

• Simon
    Simon
    Probably a bullied kid, poor soul. No excuse for what he did, but those that bullied him need to consider their part in this...

Seriously, you're trying to make him the victim in all this?

The real problem with a lot of these recent incidents is lack of fathers in the home. Something like 23 out of the last 24 had no father. Added to that the non-policing policy which is to never do anything and never hold them accountable for any of the anti-social behavior and crimes that lead up to these things and you have people that are messed up and have no boundaries or sense that they can't just do whatever they want.

School security is important and it's obviously good to do what we can but if you're barricading a school against a gunman it's too far down the chain - the prevention should happen further up, years earlier.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think with all that has happened in the recent past all these school shootings that it should be mandatory that these schools have in place a security system to protect these children while getting a government required education. The very fact that this public education is federally mandated should put them in hot seat if proper measures are not taken to safe guard our children attending these schools.

I know it may be very hard to implement this reasonably but schools need to be a safe place for kids to learn, the trauma that these murders are causing our young ones something needs to be done.

• Simon
    Simon

Prosecute any law enforcement and councillors that fail to prosecute crimes simply to make their figures look good or in some lame attempt at "diversity". Things will change. Things didn't used to be like this, we just need to go back to crime being punished.

Mass shootings are not these people's first crimes.

• NU-LYTE
    NU-LYTE

horrible situation , would think security measures need to be put in place , all other answers appear to lead to more gun control legislation , I am pro second and don't believe that is the answer , you should not need a psychiatrist to approve of you having a gun and whatever other crazy stuff they keep coming up with

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I think for public safety concerns better laws on gun control,and stricter liability laws if persons other than himself uses his gun in a criminal act. Persons of a known violent past, or with certain psychological disorders should not be allowed access to guns and it should be a felony to sell him one or allow usage of ones guns.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Every school in the USA ought to have at least one armed guard.

Cofty ...

There was at least one armed guard at the Santa Fe school.

The kid with the gun shot him too.

Rub a Dub

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Quote from Smiddy3:

How long will this madness continue before the authorities come to grip with it and find the solution ?

Quote from Silent Buddha:

The solution to the problem is to figure out and treat the issues that are leading th ese children to want to kill.

Some of the most popular Video Games played by male youth involve shooting and killing a "target" with very realistic Computer Generated Images of the damage done to a body by a bullet or even more powerful weapons. Once a young man is desensitized to human death and bloodshed then there is too frequently a desire to move to the "next level."

Many TV programs and movies now glorify rebellious behaviors and feature very bloody scenes of death and mayhem.

These sorts of visual/audio stimuli are a recent development in the evolution of the Western Way of Life. Is it really any wonder that some youth choose to "act out" what they've seen?

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

I work as a vendor to that district and spent time at the school in January. I had a long conversation with the resource officer. Or one of them. It’s a safe quiet suburban rural area. I work with these folks. I am shattered with this news. I work with local high schools in debate events also so this is cutting too close .

• cofty
    cofty
    These sorts of visual/audio stimuli are a recent development in the evolution of the Western Way of Life. Is it really any wonder that some youth choose to "act out" what they've seen? - Old Navy

The evidence shows no such connection between violent entertainment and violence in the real world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit