murders at school

by zeb 69 Replies latest jw friends

• zeb
    zeb

At a school in Santa Fe in the US. Many people killed and wounded.

• humbled
    humbled

I know, zeb. Like you, nearly speechless for the relentless tragedy.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I'm sorry for those who lost loved ones. My condolences.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Been watching news most of the day about Santa Fe, Texas (near Houston).

Andrew Pollack, the father of Meadow (murdered at Parkland, Florida, on Valentine's Day), told the news anchor that he is no better now, 90 days later. There is nothing one can say to bereaved parents to make them feel better.

Nonetheless, he intends to go to Texas to offer support and hugs . . .

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

A school shooting almost one a week so far this year is that right ?

How long will this madness continue before the authorities come to grip with it and find the solution ?

such a needless waste of young peoples lives.

• cofty
    cofty

Every school in the USA ought to have at least one armed guard.

You put armed guards in all your banks to protect banknotes don't you?

• stillin
    stillin

Probably a bullied kid, poor soul. No excuse for what he did, but those that bullied him need to consider their part in this...

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

Something is so wrong with society. Better health, better quality of life, more knowledge, more technology than any other time in earth yet these young people are so broken ...

Put armed guards in these schools. I have no idea why they are acting like it is out of the question. In the 90s shem I lived in the inner city every single school had at least 2 armed guards then, why is this such a problem now?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Something is so wrong with society. Better health, better quality of life, more knowledge, more technology than any other time in earth yet these young people are so broken ...

Put armed guards in these schools. I have no idea why they are acting like it is out of the question. In the 90s shem I lived in the inner city every single school had at least 2 armed guards then, why is this such a problem now?

I agree. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that increasing security will solve the problem. In NYC there was an armed guard who managed to kill a person who opened fire in a school. However, the shooter killed two people. They celebrate it as if killing "only two students" is nothing. Is it really better that two people got killed instead of 12?

Armed guards can help, and they can contain a larger tragedy, but having them is far from a solution to a larger problem.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

The solution to the problem is to figure out and treat the issues that are leading th ese children to want to kill.

The armed guards helping to reduce the numbers being killed is a massive plus.

This latest kid listened to death metal, had nazi regalia, weaponry, etc... on his social media. Students said he yelled "surprise" prior to doing it. They also found pipe bombs and explosives at they site so this is beyond the gun argument. As a matter of fact I hope this revelation forsnt lead more kids attempting to use bombs because the casualty content will be much worse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit