I've been using Windows 7 for several years and have had no complaints.
I've tried many browsers and settled on Google Chrome. It has absolutely everything I want or need.
I kept hearing about the free upgrade to Windows 10, so I went to YouTube and watched endless "Reviews" pro and con.
What pushed me over the (Microsoft Edge) was the fact I could Test Drive the new Operating System
for 30 days and go back to Windows 7 if I didn't like it! WOW! That sounds like perfect confidence to me.
The download and installation is a big one and it took over an hour. I had time to catch up on Stephen King's eight-part TV series, 9.22.63. I loved it!
When the install was complete, there it was in all of its glory!
All my old files were right where I left them--how convenient is that?
This baby is fast--Fast--FAST!!! I mean it is really a blur of speed and that is outstanding compared to Windows 7.
This is a whole new world.
TOP 5 FEATURES
1. No fussing with Password. Walk up, Sit down and Windows 10 "recognizes" your ugly face and says, "HELLO!"
2. START MENU: completely redesigned intuitively like something on the deck of Star Trek's Enterprise. Windows 7 keeps track of what you use and prefer and it floats in front of you. You can move anything around anyplace you like it or make it go away. Nifty and fun.
3. CORTANA--move over Siri! I love, love, love this feature! I can SPEAK my searches and CORTANA obeys like a Genii in a bottle. It's in the left-hand corner of your Desktop. I don't have to type in anything. "Do this" /"Open that"/ "Find such-and-such"/ is all blazingly simple. Am I allowed to use the word "thrilling" to describe a Microsoft product??? CORTANA is my personal assistant who can write letters, tell jokes and interact with personality, and wit. Yep, this program has a genuine PERSONALITY!
4. TASK VIEW allows me to arrange my Apps across a series of screens easily because it's like having magazine covers on a desk, and I can reach for whichever one I want and move it in front of me. The advantage is immediate.
5. PHOTOS--the way this program organizes all my photos is breathtakingly logical and easy to navigate. So many ways I can view them, categorize and enjoy them!
Anywaaaaaay . . .
I sound like a shill for Microsoft now and I am embarrassed.
As I run into problems, I'll post those too. But, I thought I'd start the topic so the lovers and haters have a place to
My Windows 10 experience thus far is 9 out of 10. (10 would mean I'd lost my mind.)
(Edited to say this: I don't care for the Microsoft Edge Browser. Google Chrome rocks!)