Generally Speaking Do You Trust Your Government?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

As a US citizen, I am usually a bit skeptical of what comes out of the mouths of government officials. Often they may speak the truth but I’m not convinced of whatever they are saying as being 100% true.

Do you believe your government implicitly?

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

Oh hell no.

• minimus
    minimus

At least I know they were honest about the Kennedy Assassination

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

Ya first it was the lone gunman then it was there was a conspiracy. One would be closer to the truth if you reversed everything the gov said.

• minimus
    minimus

Hopefully we are getting the truth about Coronavirus. I think Trump is doing very well in trying to keep us informed.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Sorry minimus but trump only in the last week and half started to acknowledge there was a problem with this virus. Before that he was calling it a democratic plot against him. Then he was telling everyone it would disappear shortly like a miracle. Then he finally started using real doctors who were telling it like it is and then he would contradict them. Finally in the last week he is in step with what needs to be done and I am happy about that.

Even though I don't care for Pence he seems to know what he is doing and he knows how to communicate well. Hopefully most of us will get through this well. Everyday there is a delay those who get effected by the virus increases by 30 percent daily. I heard one scientist say if we can't get a handle on the spread of this virus it could result in 2.3 million deaths in the U.S. I hope he is wrong. Take care minimus and stay safe. Still Totally ADD

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I don't think I would buy a used car from the Orange Man or Chuck Schumer.

If I bought one from Nancy Pelosi, I would feel better but have it fumigated for a couple of days first.

Rub a Dub

• Simon
    Simon

I trust our government much more than I trust China, who allowed the China Virus to develop and then spread.

I trust our government much more than I trust the WHO who just repeated China's propaganda.

I don't have a lot of trust of Trudeau or his government - they were failing badly before this all started, we were already in a hole so we're truly fucked now and lack the mechanism we should have had in place to be able to climb out of it.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Our politicians will tell you what they think you want to hear.

How can you tell when a politician is lying? Their lips move.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

How can you tell when a politician is lying? Their mouth moves.

Or they paint some white shit around their eyes and their face and hair orange.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit