Couldn't take it anymore.

by Darkknight757 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Yes on theSkeptics' Annotated Bible.

Leaving the Jws could be compared to leaving your cage but still hanging around in the Zoo looking for another cage to enter.

I would also suggest watching a few (all) of the Darkmatter2525 youtube videos (potty mouth) and also Thermintrees and Qualisoup videos on youtube.

NJY

• bohm
    bohm

I started a topic a few days ago on talking with people on their deeply held beliefs using the socratic method. This is the approach which I plan to follow:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5023776152485888/interesting-videos-on-using-socratic-method-talk-people-on-their-deeply-held-beliefs

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

EoM "interlinear bibles showing the direct hebrew to english word translation, etc, if you want to really get literal."

I found this to be helpful looking up text like in John 1:1 and Romans 10:12-13. There is an online inter linear site that has been a great help!

http://biblehub.com/interlinear/romans/10-13.htm

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

For a 'better truth', try Greek mythology! It's so much more interesting and mystical that Hebrew mythology (aka da' Bible).

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Ding
    Ding

I recommend the NIV, RSV, and NASB Bible versions.

If you are looking to contrast WT teachings with evangelical Christian teachings, I recommend Ron Rhodes' book entitled Reasoning from the Scriptures with the Jehovah's Witnesses.

In addition, if you would like to sort through any of these topics with another person, feel free to PM me.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

I didn't want to start a new thread but I have a question.

JW's deny the deity of Christ correct? We are told that he is a creation by God Almighty. So because we deny the deity of Christ, that makes JW's non-Christians? So basically if the wife and I fall off the earth today, does that mean we would never have the chance to see our babies again???!!

I would venture to say by denying the deity of Christ, we are in effect saying we don't have faith in Him which is a requirement for salvation???!!!

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

If you really read in context, in interlinear, etc, and take notice of key scriptures in the OT and NT that are generally ignored, a few possibilities of hidden teachings/revelations about God, Jesus, etc.

1. YHWH in OT is Jesus, but YHWH himself is a son or the son of the father. YHWH 'inherited' Israel. This would explain why people had seen YHWH in OT but Jesus said no man has nor could ever see the father and yet live.

2. YHWH possibly same as above scenario but not the only son, other sons too, who inherited other nations, but all had fights and disagreements on how to rule over people. (evidence would be in Ps when YHWH is in the council of the most high and seems to be disagreeing and disputing over how others are ruling and judging people)

3. YHWH in many instances of the OT was not actually YHWH, but an imposter, this is why in Isaiah and first martyr stephen says they weren't serving God those 40 years in wilderness but forgot the name another entity and his star.

4. YHWH in many instances in OT, especially when seemingly very brutal and merciless was the angel that carried YHWH name/authority, that YHWH said would be sent before Israel after they worshipped the golden calf and to be CAREFUL TO OBEY HIM, a warning that he was not forgiving and extremely strict.

5. If the above is true, taken with what Isaiah and Stephen said, either he was authorized or after having that power became corrupt.

6. From what prophet Jeremiah said, combined w/ things in Isaiah, and while in wilderness the orders the Israelites given to make sacrifices, cakes, etc, then in Jeremiah and Isaiah, Jeremiah says its the 'queen of the heavens' they are worshipping and not God, and in Isaiah what sounds like a loving, caring entity who says the sacrifices and rituals he did not command and asking why they are doing such things and when Jesus says the father of the jews or pharasees is Satan........who is leading them?

There are a few more but they get even more complex to try to explain.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I used the New Jerusalem Bible a few years before I left; brought it to all the meetings. It has great footnotes, a timeline, history introduction into the following books so you knew what the heck was going on.

And I used it after I left of course. I was quite lost when I stopped going, and I began reading the NT. What a difference without the WT literature and stupid "All Scriptures" book.

All the best.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Right now it doesn't matter which bible she reads. She still has on Watchtower goggles.

If I may.... STOP! BACK UP!

First step should be to put Watchtower teachings in a box and drop-kick them to the curb. The best way to do this is to get Ray Franz's books, Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom. Perhaps one of Steve Hassan's books to help you understand how it all happened to you in the first place. This will set her mind free so that she is THEN ready to adopt a "new truth" - which will only amount to a new OPINION, but one she and you are completely free to explore.

I agree with this.

Waking up takes time, and needs to be done right.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/2bh9eq/almost_exjw_in_a_very_diffucult_situation_need/cj5hvb8

• Heaven
    Heaven
    You really don't need to go to the Web. Just use your Bible. Bart Ehrman encourages people to conduct a comparative analysis of the 4 gospels. You will see many glaring contradictions when you do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit