If you really read in context, in interlinear, etc, and take notice of key scriptures in the OT and NT that are generally ignored, a few possibilities of hidden teachings/revelations about God, Jesus, etc.
1. YHWH in OT is Jesus, but YHWH himself is a son or the son of the father. YHWH 'inherited' Israel. This would explain why people had seen YHWH in OT but Jesus said no man has nor could ever see the father and yet live.
2. YHWH possibly same as above scenario but not the only son, other sons too, who inherited other nations, but all had fights and disagreements on how to rule over people. (evidence would be in Ps when YHWH is in the council of the most high and seems to be disagreeing and disputing over how others are ruling and judging people)
3. YHWH in many instances of the OT was not actually YHWH, but an imposter, this is why in Isaiah and first martyr stephen says they weren't serving God those 40 years in wilderness but forgot the name another entity and his star.
4. YHWH in many instances in OT, especially when seemingly very brutal and merciless was the angel that carried YHWH name/authority, that YHWH said would be sent before Israel after they worshipped the golden calf and to be CAREFUL TO OBEY HIM, a warning that he was not forgiving and extremely strict.
5. If the above is true, taken with what Isaiah and Stephen said, either he was authorized or after having that power became corrupt.
6. From what prophet Jeremiah said, combined w/ things in Isaiah, and while in wilderness the orders the Israelites given to make sacrifices, cakes, etc, then in Jeremiah and Isaiah, Jeremiah says its the 'queen of the heavens' they are worshipping and not God, and in Isaiah what sounds like a loving, caring entity who says the sacrifices and rituals he did not command and asking why they are doing such things and when Jesus says the father of the jews or pharasees is Satan........who is leading them?
There are a few more but they get even more complex to try to explain.