Can someone tell me why Joan's ark and the flood not true and impossible?

by Gokumonkey 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gokumonkey
    Gokumonkey

Hey everyone. I have a question and I hope I'm not confusing this with something else I heard. While watching ex jw videos on YouTube many of them talk about how Noah's ark and the flood didn't happen and it's impossible. Not sure if I'm mixing this up with something else but I wanted to ask if anyone can give me information on this. An article or video I can read because I find it very interesting.

Thanks

• Gokumonkey
    Gokumonkey

OMG I said Joan lol. I meant Noah. Sorry

• waton
    waton

Joan of Arc was a French female freedom fighter, famous for her exposed breast gesture. possible!! link please by a nature loving nerd

The ark of Noah, and the fish of Jonah are not feasible because of the physics, chemistry involved.

wooden boats that size not strong enough. not enough water to cover Everest, rain 4 meter per second for 40 days worldwide? tell it to the marines!

• Outahere
    Outahere
    Hey everyone. I have a question and I hope I'm not confusing this with something else I heard. While watching ex jw videos on YouTube many of them talk about how Noah's ark and the flood didn't happen and it's impossible. Not sure if I'm mixing this up with something else but I wanted to ask if anyone can give me information on this. An article or video I can read because I find it very interesting.

There was no global flood a few thousand years ago, Gokumonkey. There have been bad local floods in different parts of the world, but the JW assertion of a worldwide flood where only 8 people and whatever number of animals they stuffed in the ark is false. It didn't happen.

• Fisherman
  • waton
    waton

Even with modern epoxy glues, lamination, such a vessel would never survive surging flood water falling at a rate of 4 ms per second.

daily dose of Smithsonian? think of the daily dose of excrement to be cleaned from the stalls and heaved overboard! no time to get bored. fisherman.

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

I think Google can help you with articles and videos but it can't help you with reasoning.

Unfortunately, almost any objection could be met with an answer of 'but it was a miracle'

Also, some believe that the water is still here in the form of oceans and that the really big mountains and the depths of the oceans are a result of the immense stress created by the massive amounts of water on the ground.

You don't really need facts when you have your blinders on and this is one area where anything can be refuted on whatever grounds you wish - for or against a global flood.

Just my 2 cents

• venus
    venus

Even if Noah’s ark is scientifically possible with a bigger vessel that takes care of 8.7 million species, theologically it is not possible for God to handle a situation that puts greater hardship on the righteous than on the wicked who died in a few minutes after getting drown in the water.

However, if we look beneath the details, story tells God intervenes when it is necessary. God’s established practice is “Let the one who does wrong continue to do wrong; let the vile person continue to be vile.” (Revelation 22:11) This would mean that there is no intervention in the case of individuals and in each individual cases of free-will use; and it would also mean there would be a time when the righteous would find life is impossible because of the increasing number of the wicked (according to Law of increasing entropy). God, being the master of the universe, would need to act only on whole sale basis, hence would restore the original perfect condition, says logic (and also scriptures Rev 21:1, 5. Law of increasing entropy would again set things into a downhill trend, which would mean God would renew system of things again.

The above view takes care of the principle on which both theism and atheism stand: Theism says “From the more comes the less,” and atheism says “from the less comes the more.” Thus both agree that something comes from something. If something comes from something, it has always been true, it has always been there—infinite into the past and infinite into the future.

• waton
    waton

groans of argh. instead are possible.

• waton
    waton

water above Everest now in the oceans? a smooth surface earth was crumpled by the water's weight? in 9 month time not billions of years? water evenly on earth would only reach up 1/3 to Everest. and: You had to cover that to make sure you got'em all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit