Family drama... a personal share.

by Princess Daisy Boo 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Hi guys. I was an active member of this forum many years ago and it played an integral part of my awakening and making peace with my decision to leave. It’s been a while since I posted here. For the most part, I’ve just been getting on with my life, raising kids, getting a degree.

Over the last few months though, some unpleasant JW stuff has popped my relatively happy bubble. It started with sharing the famous Leah Remini tv show late last year on FB. I don’t have many JW friends on FB, but I was suddenly blocked by a few of them, including the long inactive ones. One of them even took it upon herself to contact my sister, who is not on social media, to tell her about my post. My sister, who is married to a CO, decided it was time to shun me.

Three months ago, my 75-year-old JW dad had to undergo emergency heart surgery for a quad bypass. It was essentially a life or death situation and the doctor refused to do the surgery without his permission for a blood transfusion. My mother, who is almost 80, has terminal health issues and my father is her main caregiver. He chose the transfusion. My mother, a staunch JW, stood in tears at his bedside, telling him that the decision was between him and Jehovah and she didn't want him to die. For the time that he was ill, she went back to speaking to me and texting me. But she's gone quiet again.

It is a few months down the line and Dad is well on the road to recovery. My sister decided that he is healthy enough to create some drama and she gave him an ultimatum. He needed to come clean to the elders about the transfusion or she would turn him in.

My dad is fairly open-minded and he shared the story with me. I was really open with him for the first time, and I have shared some info from the Journal for Medical Ethics on the inconsistencies about their dogma.

I am just so angry guys and I wanted to come somewhere to share the story where people would actually get it. I really hate this f*&Cking religion. It has screwed up so much in my life.

• iwantoutnow
    iwantoutnow

PDB - So sorry for what you are going through.
    Being in the cult spares no one.

No one can help, but know that so many of us here know the pain that family and "friends" can inflict on us when we decide to leave the cult, or even just not go to meetings.

Sorry again.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

but I was suddenly blocked by a few of them, including the long inactive ones.

......and that's because this is a highly controlling religious cult and its members are indoctrinated to follow instep with all the doctrinal laws and regulations established by this religoius institution, less they be judged and punished by the organization's enforcers, the elders.

This cult mentally forces its adherent members to constantly think in awareness to what is expected of them as soon they wake up in the morning, to when they go to sleep at night.

All JWs are indoctrinated to watch out for what other members are doing or what they are saying and to report to the elders if they see or hear something questionable by one of the other members. Its self described as being faithfully loyal to the organization, god's chosen organization.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Hi Princess Daisy Boo - they are a nasty bunch of false Christians. I got df'd for sticking to the words of the prophet Daniel.

Someone put it to me that it is only by God's grace that people come to see through them.

They will reap what they sow. I would not dignify them by identifying them as Jehovah's Witnesses. Given their behaviour, they have no legitimate connection to the God of Abraham.

•  The Bethelite
    The Bethelite

Because of the Nazis style religion we were in, I love the line in the movie The Good German.

"You can never really leave Berlin!"

Sadly for most of us here whether you leave the organization or not (because of our friends and family) it is a life sentence.

• Spiral
    Spiral

I appreciate the stress and aggravation this has caused you. You are right to be angry. Your entire family should all be celebrating that your Dad has made it through the surgery and is recovering. And good for him for making the right choice. He doesn't need this stress, and neither do you.

It takes a special kind of misplaced bravado to wait until someone is recovering and then threaten to "turn him in". Ugh, indeed. Where is the love? (I'd say there's a special place in hell for someone who creates this kind of trouble, but I don't believe in hell.)

But, really, whatever the "brothers" decide to "do" about this is just noise and nonsense. They might even realize that, even if your sister does not.

• tiki
    tiki

You have my sympathy.....some of these situations are just so convoluted and impossible....stay clear headed and fair minded...and compassionate. Sending good vibes and hopes for smooth sailing....

• Dagney
    Dagney

Ugh.

I am so sorry for this drama in your family.

It seems to be in full swing right now with several of my friends that are out.

It just never stops.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Your Father lives because of the personal and private decision he made and now he has to deal with his daughter ratting him out to elders?!. So now, this becomes a congregation's body of elders decision whether he should have really lived or died and then impose that verdict on him...basically, "well, you may have preserved your life, but, we are going to give you hell about it."

I'm going to say something really profound! I let you know when I am going to say something really profound so that you will know and will say to yourselves, "this is profound". I would immediately contact a lawyer and the police for Elderly harassment, bullying, endangerment, and abuse, etc. He made a private decision and this should be covered by HIPPA Laws. This is what just chaps my buttox, is that the Congregations or their members (your Sister) even feel that have this kind of authority. Does your Sister have anything financially to gain in this? Just Asking.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I'm sorry that you are going through this.

You sister is an as*hole! You should be happy that she is out of your life. I'm just sorry for what this is doing to you and your Dad and Mom. NO ONE should get involved with a medical decision like this. I'm with Sigfrid above, is there a HIPPA violation here?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit