Family drama... a personal share.

by Princess Daisy Boo 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

One more thing, if your sister does tell the elders and they attempt to do anything other than let it go, I would have a lawyer send all the elders "Individually" a letter that indicated that they will be held personally accountable in a financial way and held personally accountable for the abuse of this elderly person and the emotional trauma he has experienced. When these cowards see that they could serve some time behind bars this crap seems to stop.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Sorry, Princess Daisy Boo...but your sister sounds like she's a real piece of work!

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Depending on your location, I would mention you might have to turn HER (or the Elders) into the District Attorney's "Elder Abuse Unit" for intentional emotional abuse of a senior. Might give her pause, and save dear old dad from some unneeded anxiety. In California, the following is current law. Say it with conviction and most people will think twice.

· "Psychological Abuse which includes but is not limited to verbal abuse, harassment, or being confined to a room for extended periods of time, etc. For further definition look at California Welfare and Institution Code Section 15610.53

· Isolation Abuse which includes but is not limited to an individual prevents another (or him or herself) from having contact with other by refusing calls, mail or visitors. For further definition look at California Welfare and Institution Code Section 15610.43

· Abandonment which includes but is not limited to an individual who willfully forsakes an elder. For further definition look at California Welfare and Institution Code Section 15610.05

· As discussed below, the California Penal Code Section 368 makes certain acts against an elder punishable by prison terms if convicted in a criminal court.

· Federal Law relating to elder abuse can be found in The Older Americans Act, Title I, Section 102, The Older Americans Act, Title III, Section 307, and The Older Americans Act, Title VII, Section 721.

It is in the California Penal Code that the “teeth” of the elder abuse laws are found. Put simply, one can go to jail if one abuses an elderly or dependent person in California.

Penal Code 368.

(b) (1) Any person who, under circumstances or conditions likely to produce great bodily harm or death, willfully causes or permits any elder or dependent adult, with knowledge that he or she is an elder or a dependent adult, to suffer, or inflicts thereon unjustifiable physical pain or ......mental suffering,........ or having the care or custody of any elder or dependent adult, willfully causes or permits the person or health of the elder or dependent adult to be injured, or willfully causes or permits the elder or dependent adult to be placed in a situation in which his or her person or health is endangered, is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year, or by a fine not to exceed six thousand dollars ($6,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment, or by imprisonment in the state prison for two, three, or four years"

Just stand up to these S.O.B.s

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate
    Your father is awake. He chose life and refused to become a martyr for a cult. Good for him. Imagine if the followers of Jim Jones or Marshall Applewhite had done the same.
  • Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I'm glad your dad's alright, that's all that matters. That religon can go to hell, you have your father with you. Most of them are in a hell of their own making, your sister is psychologically a mess. Who turns their own father in to cultists for staying alive!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

this shunning business is now the watchtower cult's main control method. i simply cant believe many dubs still believe armageddon will happen any time soon--so they will die sooner or later. hence that is no real and immediate threat. but losing family / friends is.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`m sorry for what you are going through PDB .This religion sure f***k`s up peoples lives.I`m glad that your dad had the sense to preserve his own life by accepting a blood transfusion which by the way is not going against the Bible.

Take care .

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Thanks for posting.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Just tell him to deny it.

Let her inform the Elders. When they come to him to “investigate” the allegation, tell them she is either confused or malicious.

If there are not two witnesses (or a confession) then it didn’t happen.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

Deny, deny, deny! If they push it, a personal note from a lawyer about HIPAA violations and possible ramifications should do the trick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit