So after many years I’m back for a bit

by truthsetsonefree 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I have been out for a long time now and have kept busy. But tonight my JW Mom asked me what is happening in Norway. So I researched and Wow! In my Google searches the JWD posts came up. So I dug up my old credentials and decided to resume posting. It’s so good to see JWN/JWD is still going strong.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

Welcome back! Does it surprise you that since the Watchtower Society claim that ''they are no part of the world,'' ( refuse to vote, sign up for military service, salute the flag ) now want monies that come from a government?

Since you were a former elder, did you see any financial dishonesty from the Watchtower Society?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Just so you are aware (Hi by the way!) Norway has rescinded Watchtower's right to a Government grant that all officially recognised religions receive, because they socially isolate 'shunned', or disfellowshipped, minors - which is considered child abuse.

Toni Morris claimed Norway was interfering with their freedom of religion. Jehovah's witnesses are still free to practice their religion as they see fit in Norway. It's just that they are no longer entitled to state benefits, totalling millions, due to their cruel treatment of minors. Watchtowers hypocritically complains about their own rights being infringed, whist interfering with the right of freedom of thought and religion of their own members!!

• DesirousOfChange
  • Hellothere
    Hellothere

It's a lost for watchtower how ever this goes. Cause they been telling for decades members that everything is run by donations. That they are not part of the world. Now it's coming out they been getting government grants for year's, will same time begging for donations. They don't have any shame.

• Roddy
    Roddy

"It’s so good to see JWN/JWD is still going strong."

I'm not a frequent flier here. What does "JWN/JWD" mean?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

'That they are not part of the world. Now it's coming out they been getting government grants for year's, will same time begging for donations. They don't have any shame.'

And when it was revealed around 2001 that the Borg was involved with the UN since 1992.

The Borg likely still is involved with the UN but in a different capacity like with the OSCE

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

"It's a lost for watchtower how ever this goes. Cause they been telling for decades members that everything is run by donations. That they are not part of the world. Now it's coming out they been getting government grants for year's, will same time begging for donations."

All the while pronouncing doom for the governments as being part of the wild beast - "soon to be destroyed". Hmmmmmm. How do you spell hypocrite?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Hi truthsetsonefree

I see you joined in a bygone era as did I.

Sorry we’ve not interacted before this that I can recall but glad to read of an old-timer who’s made a successful exit.

The borg lives on but is much changed from when you and I were R&F devotees. The “troof” is no longer what we once knew.

A whole new membership worships at the throne of the F&DS.

Cheers to you,

Ozzie 🍷

‘Getting my hours in’ class

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Watchtowers hypocritically complains about their own rights being infringed, whist interfering with the right of freedom of thought and religion of their own members!!

Yes, including children that are being shunned and disfellowshiped for breaking their rules and regulations .

BASTARDS.

PS ,Welcome back tsof

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit