Enjoyed the Memorial

by ScottyRex 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Good analogy I Believe

JWS are brainwashed to smile and love bomb people at the Kingdom Hall.

Its all in the indoctrination process.

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex

Scotty visits every so often and tries to get a rise out of the members here. He’s been doing it for years. He knows he would never be acceptable to the Witnesses because of his lifestyle. But he comes here to get people going. Nothing has changed about his methods. But he’s fun to banter with .

Oh minimus so what......I have probably been here as long as you, was it 2001/02? You continue to ask the same inane questions week in week out. I continue to post once in a while.....years can go past.

And I am quite clear that being gay would never be acceptable to JWs.I have never said any different.

• TD
    TD

It sounds to me like you're simply lonely and the social interaction is filling a void.

If you are actually getting something out of either the emotionally sterile observance or the incoherent mess the sermon has become, then please forgive my presumptuousness.

• minimus
    minimus

I try to get people out of the cult you don’t. That’s the big difference

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

And I am quite clear that being gay would never be acceptable to JWs.I have never said any different.

aah--i hadnt realised youre homosexual--maybe that explains it

does the congregation know?

• stillin
    stillin

In Scotty's defense. My wife and I went to the Memorial. On the drive home she gushed about what a great job the speaker did. On the other hand, I was thinking how very stale and unworthy of such an "important" occasion the talk was.

My first thought is that my wife doesn't have much to compare except all of the other dry, stale Memorial talks that she has heard. So, if she thought it was good, I'm happy for her. Same to you, Scotty! No point in raining on anybody's parade.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Scot-T-Rex!

I want to invite you to the UADNA Orbiting Space Platform anytime at all for a glass of NO wine and NO matzoh.

We're up there, just to the left of Jesus' Throne. You can't miss us.

• Brighton
    Brighton

I agree with Wasanelder Once. If you are in the middle of trying to leave, don't attend more meetings than you have to. It has taken me about 10 years to leave physically AND mentally. Those are two separate processes. It's only been in the last year that I can say that I have wholly left mentally and am not on the fence or pretending to myself I might go back. At this point, I can't imagine anything that would make it so I could go back without ending up killing myself.

That said, I also attended the Memorial. For me, it is 1 hour out of my year that I attend so that the rest of the year is problem free. It is the last signaling that you are not a threat to their spirituality. It is also a way for me to be an example of tolerance and respect to a group who are neither tolerant nor respectful of people who don't they don't agree with.

My mom is a regular pioneer, true believer. My grandma is 91. I go to be with my grandma, and when she dies, I will no longer attend.

There is some power in being "inactive" and walking amongst them without participating in their delusion. I had the presence of mind to take control of the conversation and distract them by discussing something interesting like genealogy or their dogs, etc. I also was aware if people were heading toward the topic of "what hall do you go to?" and was able to leave before they went down that rabbit hole.

All that said, some people can go back occasionally, and some can't. We all deal with the trauma of this high control group in our own way. I had a friend I told I went to the memorial and she had a panic attack. So everyone is different and we all participate ( or don't) depending on what suits us. Whether you leave altogether, or live in no man's land as inactive, it is tricky to navigate and stressful for all of us.

Congratulations to all of us for surviving! Whatever you are doing to take care of yourself, keep doing it.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Nah. Go back. Wear tight pants. Really tight pants.

https://youtu.be/Nv7Ts4v5_Bs

• Afterburn
    Afterburn

So, if I understand this thread correctly, a purportedly gay guy just pops in every now and again to see who he can stir up by lying to them. Is that right? Feeding trolls just makes them stronger.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit