Enjoyed the Memorial

by ScottyRex 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• I quit!
    I quit!

I refuse to participate in any event that serves wine and crackers without cheese. Especially one that expects me to turn down the wine and crackers they're passing around. I know the Memorial is the highlight of the Watchtower year but even as a witness it was always as boring as hell to me.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

For he who says he enjoyed the memorial, I tell you this.

They appealed to your vanity, and you fell in to the pit they dug.

If you cared anything about Christ or his sacrifice, then you should have paid attention to what was said.

The outline uses 1 Corinthians 11:23-26. They could have used the Gospels, but that wouldn’t have lent well to Watchtower apostasy.

The part in bold was omitted from the scripture reading. Can you tell us why?

23 For I received from the Lord what I also handed on to you, that the Lord Jesus on the night on which he was going to be betrayed took a loaf, 24 and after giving thanks, he broke it and said: “This means my body, which is in your behalf. Keep doing this in remembrance of me.” 25 He did the same with the cup also, after they had the evening meal, saying: “This cup means the new covenant by virtue of my blood. Keep doing this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26 For whenever you eat this loaf and drink this cup, you keep proclaiming the death of the Lord, until he comes.

Bottom line, Jehovah’s Witnesses proclaim not the Christ, but themselves. And if the dub lovers wanted to test the sincerity of the “love” they received, then they had but to point this out at the most holy watchtower night.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The leaders of the WTS twisted the memorial to their direction and disregarded Jesus's instructions .

These particular religious leaders have made many doctrines of apostasy, sanctifying themselves over the words of the god who they claim they are supposed to be loyal and faithful to.

Sinning false Prophets are not supposed to be the people to whom one is to gain spiritual righteousness, a matter of fact Jesus said to not listen to them at all.

• BourneIdentity
    BourneIdentity

I went to the Memorial tonight as well, so boring. For those that feel they were really loved when they attended, the members are strongly encouraged to be more happy and loving than normal. It’s the way to get people to return that have been away. It definitely works for some. Once you start attending, it will stop and you will see how tired and exhausted everyone is on a regular basis, they won’t have the extra energy to show the love they did on that one special night of the year.

• asp59
    asp59

Its great feeling for members in KH memorial Day cause house is full. But you know next week its gonna be half empty as always. Its bitter sweet moment for regular JWs

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex

What are you talking about newsheep? I can't begin to even answer that blurb...…….

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Enjoyed The Memorial

Bullshit...it was a drag & boring...I know, I was there!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

...So why did you go JW GoneBad?

Cause...maybe I'm a glutton for punishment! Fact is I would have been better off had I gone out to the local diner or ordered-in!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i just dont get all this.

why attend a phoney balony meeting if you havent considered yourself to be a dub for many years.

one word--why ?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

ScottyRex is a troll why feed him ? Otherwise he/she is an imbecile , one of the two take your pick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit