Enjoyed the Memorial

by ScottyRex 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

They were genuine and the whole atmosphere was one of love.

Coincidently I read this comment an hour after a JW (who I have known for years) blocked me after I mentioned to him that the reason I didn’t attend was because I believed that Jesus is the one and only mediator between Jehovah God and mankind.

Kind of sums up what you were saying about been genuine and loving.

• ScottyRex
    ScottyRex

You can really go on your way in your belief joe......ASFAIK Jesus is the mediator between mankind and Jehovah. We can agree to differ tho.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Ah. Genuine love... LOL

Ask something, ask about the watchtower affiliation with the UN, ask about fat Tony at the liquor store... phtttt love gone

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Your paranoia Finkle? Just a guess...……..

Nah I just know a lot about JWS, I was brought up in this religion.

You could go to any church and get pretty much the same reception.

The JWS memorial is flawed anyways, according to the words of Jesus Christ all those who are baptized in his name should partake of the emblems, not just the 144,000

• newsheep
    newsheep
    If you really did feel so much closer to god like you say I find it strange that you haven't told us why you did feel closer to him or what the talk was about. No scriptures nothing spiritual but this garble. And that is what all the rest of the religion is about. You sit there not even listening but just wanting to be loved (bombed). The others there go to see who didn't go. When you want to to talk the bible then pm me but if you want to know the dirt on the cult then you are in the right place. We know where your heart really is tonight don't we?
  • john.prestor
    john.prestor

How on earth can you call a man paranoid for telling you exactly what you're getting into if you join this religion? They will love bomb you, they always do, and when you cross them in any way they will shame you hard and throw you out. You're either deceiving yourself or trying to pick a fight, I can't tell which.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

I went to the memorial tonight. Only person who said hello was the car park attendant. No love bombing here and not an atmosphere of love.

Just going through the motions.

I fell asleep too. Could not keep my eyes open.

Just on the love bombing though - I don't think those that are doing the love bombing have a sinister agenda. These are ones who have been socially influenced into believing that if you are not with them you will die very soon at the hand of God. Mostly they are sincere in trying to influence ones they know and were friends with, to return to the fold remember they too are victims of the cult mind control.

• sparky1
    sparky1

I just got back from the Memorial. New talk and format this year. Dumb...dumb...dumb. However, they announced that there were 19, xxx partakers last year! As for the love bombing....most everybody ignored me. Those that really love me spent time talking with me.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I know what you mean when you say you enjoyed the time you spent with the JW's. I too hold nothing against the JW's individually and usually enjoy being around my old friends mostly because its familiar and feels safe and not because of anything related to the actual religion or its beliefs.

The thing is, the whole reason I've known these people since extreme childhood is because they convinced my Mother that they were the one and only true religion and being one of them was the only way to be spared destruction by God. None of that is provable and noting they've ever said, has turned out to be true. So what's the point of continuing on? Especially when so much irreparable damage has happened to my family because of the blood issue.

• Listener
    Listener
    Personally, I put the teachings and practices of the church as the number one reason why I would or would not attend and participate. Genuine love can be found in many churches, there are good people in society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit