Humans can have answers to any questions

by venus 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

but at least to have energy & time. there is no such thing as nothing.

The basis of his theory is there was energy first, well where did that energy originate from ?

Getting back to the OP I agree with Venus that humans are changing things for the betterment of mankind slowly but surely.

I think the past world wars taught humanity something, that is mankind needs and wants pretty much the same things, so why not cooperate through trade, economic developed and shared knowledge.

• waton
    waton
    Finkelstein:.." The basis of his theory is there was energy first, well where did that energy originate from ?

Time (the dimension) and energy are thought to be fundamental. You can not have anything if it does not have time to exist in. As far as we can conceive it, they are eternal, so would be their originator/shaper.

Venus is not focussing the questions on anything beyond the horizon, and that is fine., but that excludes the big questions.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Not an Einstein but doesn't there have to be something first for time to exist. ?

• waton
    waton

Finke l in stein. 'Venus opined that humans can have answers to any questions, so: There was time before you existed, and then you started to travel through it with us. . but for your perception that is not so.

once any entity is deemed to be fundamental, eternal , valid priority claims do not exist ; what would eternity + or - be?

Even on this planet our future is limited, notwithstanding wt's panda paradise prognosis.

on Venus, very close, it would be measured in seconds.

• venus
    venus

Finkelstein, you rightly read my mind when you wrote: "I can see where Venus is coming from where he states that humans can change things."

I know a Chairman of a group of companies with 695699 employees who can afford to have many wives and 1000s of children did not marry, and do not have children, while poor parents, despite being in abject poverty, are ruled by their lust and expect God to ensure that no children are born to them. Many of such children born to them are not well-cared for, finally end up becoming criminals or terrorists.

I know another rich man who could afford to have many children, yet preferred to have only one child, a female, whom he reared so well that she was elected to the highest position of the country for four terms.

• venus
    venus
    deegee

We have seen how nature reacts when we let greed to rule our lives and when we remain divided. Now let us watch how nature would react when we let love to rule our lives and when we remain united like a family caring even for the animals. Nature would respond according to change of attitude of its inhabitants. (compare Genesis 4:13, 14)

From my personal life, I have observed there is violation of law(s) behind suffering, and there is observance of law(s) behind well-being. Both well-being (when laws are observed) and ill-effects (when laws are violated) are results of some laws that are at work, like two sides of a coin. For example, in skillful cooking, delicious dishes are produced which means some laws are perfectly observed. In careless cooking, what you cook is burned, or food item being turned black into carbon, which again means some laws are at work. Living things contain the element carbon. That is because many organic compounds are present in living things such as carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, nucleic acids. Organic compounds contain both the elements Hydrogen and Carbon besides any other elements that may be present in a compound. Therefore, anything that was once alive that you cook and subsequently burn, will turn black and the charred material will definitely contain the element carbon. The unexpected ill-effects from violating some laws are felt as suffering and as bad.

What I said about cooking is a sample. There is violation of laws behind every calamity--causes of some are known, causes of others are yet to be known. Everything happens according to some law.

• cofty
    cofty

Venus - Why do you ignore the hard questions?

You have been indoctrinated by Brahma Kumaris haven't you?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Would be glad to know about "Brahma Kumaris". Anyone please ?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

EverApostate - All you need to know is that they're bonkers.

However.............. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahma_Kumaris

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Thanks punk. I heard that they are teaching good meditation. May give a try.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit