Humans can have answers to any questions

by venus 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

The grim reality of a starving child, vs the people who profess to have been blessed by God. However the added words on the child is not so comfortable

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

All these show things can change if humans want

Yes I want no more earthquakes, tsunamis or hurricanes killing and being destructive to humans, animals and vegetation. Animals killing one another for food and other reasons.

Keeping within the boundaries of reality says my wishes will never come true because what I want goes beyond the laws of nature.

Like the heat of the sun as it projects over the earth or the lack of it that can become deadly or uninhabitable for any living things.

The earth is a dichotomy of opposites, it has beauty and tranquility that is pleasurably to see and experience but there is also a cruelty and hardship to all living things.

All what humans can do is work within the parameters of natural law to make a continuing endeavor of making an improvement toward the human experience of living.

History has shown that when mankind has asked for help from the envisioned or imaginable gods failed time and again from various civilizations and from their various envisioned gods, because gods were just an imaginary concept inherently drawn out from human ignorance of the natural world..

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Why put words Into a child’s mouth to make the point? That’s all. You might find it “pathetic” to have faith, but the person whose image you are using may not.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Are you speaking to me Slim ?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

No, Cofty. But it’s not welcome, so I shouldn’t bother.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What I find ironic about this thread, and the response to it, is that materialist atheists and believers are in the same boat, even if they don’t realise it. They both believe that “humans can get the answers”. Believers get their answers from God and materialists (such Lawrence Krauss) believe science can answer the ultimate question of why there is something rather than nothing.

I would suggest this is rather presumptuous, whether you believe in God or not.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I can see where Venus is coming from where he states that humans can change things, particularly are interrelationships, from all the endeavors by humanity we have improved, there is now much more awareness to the human condition that spreads beyond designated countries ......... there is still more to be done.

• deegee
    deegee
    All these show things can change if humans want

The ancient Roman city of Pompeii was destroyed by volcanic eruption in 79 CE. We would want such a thing to never happen again but how can we prevent this?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think its presumptuous to think mankind can ever know everything about the world in which we live.

By the way I think the ideological concept of saying something can be created from nothing is an illogical concept which has no practicality outside of imagination, even from the equations of physics .

• waton
    waton

Krauss and the like re-defined 'nothing' to be, if not a "thing", but at least to have energy & time. there is no such thing as nothing. Humans can not have the answers to just [any] questions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit