Humans can have answers to any questions

by venus 50 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• venus
    venus

God would not say: “You should not eat from the tree of good and bad, which would make you like me” because through Jesus He said: ‘You must become like Me by imitating the qualities of sun whose only concern is giving (of light and warmth) which means having no expectation of anything from anybody’ (Mathew 5:44-48)

This also means we should have no human teachers because we can have answer to any questions by ourselves, through inference. (Pro 25:2) How to go about inferring? Plaeontologists are the best example. The first dinosaur that was named Iguanodon in the 1825 in England was not from several hundred individual bones but from just a tooth brought to Dr. Gideon Mantell, English obstetrician, geologist and palaeontologist, who then constructed a hypothesis about the appearance of the whole skeleton and flesh.

In contrast to palaeontologists, we have more pieces and have to infer on one missing piece. For example, earth is fine-tuned for life and for its enjoyment which would need careful planning and millions of pieces of work being put together. Looking at these wonderful works, one poet wrote “I am like a musical instrument to sing eternal praises to YOU, and you are the music of my life …”

The only problem with apparently no easy solution is: “Why suffering exists, and why is He not doing anything about if He is a loving Father?” Some may even feel that He is not doing anything, hence He doesn’t exist. The way Governments function gives a clue as to what could be the answer. We cannot say there exists no Government because if it did exist, it would have done something to remove the suffering in the prisons. Prison is just one of the many activities Government has performed. Its other welfare activities are many such as construction of parks, highways, bridges, hospitals ….etc. Just like these activities are for a purpose, prisons are also for a purpose. We don’t have to see everything to come to a conclusion—by seeing the harvest we can also discern the sowing.

Even about the purpose of life, we don’t have to go very far because answer lies in our very name—human being. The highest state of spirituality is at the level of just being—with no prejudice, no complex superior or inferior. Our normal state is joy. A person in this state of joy is in harmony within and without by just being aware of the present moment. Learn from the past, plan for the future but live in/enjoy the present, aware of your real Self within, the principle of consciousness which is like axis to our body. When it enters, body starts functioning, and when it exits, body stops working; and this has been happening from time immemorial. What was into the past infinite, and what will be to future infinite …. is not our concern because there is no way we can know. We know everyone is sustained by the same air, water … This is true of everyone, which gives us reason to love others as ourselves which would attract good relationships towards us, which in turn make our lives more meaningful.

• _Morpheus
  • venus
    venus
    _Morpheus

I feel a deep respect and love towards God because He gives freedom to people even to deny His existence, and He never punishes them. And equally good is He in that He doesn't do any favor to those worshiping Him.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Venus - He gives freedom to people even to deny His existence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW8fDw8VzKI

• cofty
    cofty

Facile nonsense.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    I feel a deep respect and love towards God because He gives freedom to people even to deny His existence, and He never punishes them.

So if your God feels this way why don't you copy him and stop preaching at us?

• venus
    venus

Cofty,

It is nonsense to you because you don’t want to give sense just like it is said “beauty is in the mind of the beholder.” Try this as though you are hearing for the first time, and see whether it would make any difference.

No one likes to live in a fragmented way which means we like to feel complete, or whole. Somehow, we sense that complete whole is more complete than just the sum of its parts. Interestingly, Webster’s Unabridged Dictionary defines holistic in much the same way: “The view that an organic or integrated whole has a reality independent of and greater than the sum of its parts.” This is true because I know that I am more than a sum of oxygen (65%), carbon (17.5%), hydrogen (10.2%), nitrogen (2.4%), calcium (1.6%), and phosphorus (which makes almost 99% of the mass of the human body) and potassium, sulfur, sodium, chlorine, and magnesium …. etc (which makes the rest of the body). It is too obvious that there is an invisible axis that hold them together and that make me feel I am constitutionally whole, because of which I know that I am not this body, this mind, this intelligence; but I am a spiritual dimension. No wonder Yoshinori Ohsumi, Nobel Laureate in Physiology and Medicine, said in his acceptance lecture in December 2016: “Life is an equilibrium state between synthesis and degradation of proteins.” In similar vein, French physiologist, Claude Bernard, wrote: “Stability of internal environment (in the body) is the condition for free and independent life.” Words such as equilibrium, synthesis, stability… point to something other than physical, higher energy. When it enters, body starts functioning, and when it exits body stops functioning. Leaving this most important aspect is like taking care of bird-cage and neglecting the bird.

What is true of my body which is like a universe in miniature is true of the macro universe. Certain things are too obvious that we don’t insist for proof. When we hear “no mountain is possible without valley” we don’t ask for proofs. His non-intervention and non-communication show that He is not interested in our praise/worship, and He has left maintenance to humans because they are capable of doing it if they want. Look, already some parts of earth are paradise, and some countries are doing without war which means humans can make the whole earth paradise again, if they want.

• venus
    venus

Xanthippe,

This is not preaching. These thoughts arose in me when I saw many blaming God under yesterday’s OP: “Do they even realise how disgustingly immoral this is and how badly it reflects on the God they worship?”

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I'm sure if there was a creator of the universe he wouldn't need you or I to defend him Venus. Even he doesn't feel the need to defend himself. Why do you feel the need?

• cofty
    cofty

Venus we have covered your sort of facile platitudes so often in this forum in recent years I have no interest in doing it again.

Eastern influenced apologetics are even more pathetic - and callous - than western christianity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit