Are we losing our way a bit at JWN?

by nicolaou 80 Replies latest forum suggestions

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Nic - The first page of active topics is often dominated by political posts, Trump debates

I am a Brit living in Britland. I am neither for or against Trump. However, I'm bloody pig sick of hearing about him in debates etc. Even some of my favourite posters are irritating me.

This is the reason I am not posting here much any more.

I came here to get to grips with being an ex-Jobo.

American politics is not my forte.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

What bothers me more than the topics on politics are the repetitly ignorant alegations of freemason pinkies, Rolex watches, expensive suits and being millionairs the gb.

I agree!! And those "subliminal images" bullshit theories.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

If I had any part in what has gone on lately on this site punk and pale I am sorry. We Americans have a hard time thinking there is more to this world than what happens here in the U.S. I don't mine the heated debates once in awhile but it is the derogatory name calling or but downs some like to use. It's hard something's to see the whole forest when you are focus on one tree. My observation is and this includes myself the cult we all escape has effected us more than we realize. I remember the Wt. use to say many years ago "yes we are brain washed our brains are washed clean". That statement is more profound than many of us may care to acknowledge. So from other side of the pond please take care and keep coming back to site I have always enjoyed your comments. Still Totally ADD

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@stuckinarut2: "Why dont we all start to post some more biblical, or JW based doctrinal observations again? If a thought comes to mind, please share it. You never know if it sparks anothers person's interest and ideas.

I guess it is up to us to change the atmosphere here if we want to."

Duly noted. I'll put together a post tonight for lurkers or newcomers to have a read. Hopefully it benefits someone out there. Thanks for the call to action.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    STADD - If I had any part in what has gone on lately on this site punk and pale I am sorry.

Fret not old friend. I'm not reading these posts so have no idea who's been posting 'bigly'.

I have just seen the bloody lamentable arguments back and forth....so I have switched off.

We Americans have a hard time thinking there is more to this world than what happens here in the U.S.

I didn't want to say....................

• Sail Away
    Sail Away
    I have just seen the bloody lamentable arguments back and forth....so I have switched off-- Punky

I'm with Punky. I'm an American, and I'm bloody sick of American politics too. I don't believe we had a good option in the last election. That said, I think the move to quash anti-Trump sentiments on this sight has silenced others voices. It has mine. I often wonder why people who are not citizens feel the need to heatedly debate another country's politics.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    JaniceA
    - I am all for talking about Sex! More fun and I think we can all get on the same page for that:)
  • MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

@slimfatboy:

First of all young people just don’t seem to use old fashioned forums...

lol, I don’t know why but this made me laugh and feel old at the same time. I remember the time when forums were bulletin boards you dialed into with your 24k modem.

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

Politics is another form of True Believer laziness. No person or group will save us from ourselves. BELIEF is dangerous.
    Having true belief shattered leads to insanity.
    Many of us swap Watchtower for Hillary or Trump or Bernie.
    A dead end.

This forum is a kind of hospital for self-help. Smart people and smarter people have a chat. A bad argument loses to a good one. But only with humility tossed in.
    Our biggest failures as a species:
    We believe, our belief is challenged, we discover what our true character really is.
    An honest person admits they're wrong and tries to move on. A dishonest person defends to the bitter end and dies believing they are right.

A clash of ideas is pankration.
    This is the arena.
    It is also a group therapy and the only place a dysfunctional family can heal each other.

Enjoy the variety of minds and grab your plate and fork as you move down the line.
    If you want to get the most out of this place I have one suggestion.
    Find a person who makes sense and look up the history of their entire commentary threads. Go back to the beginning and start reading. You will discover a lot of growth along the way.
    We each--ALL of us--have a story. The story has a beginning, a middle, and an end.
    Let's all hope we can learn to make the middle a transitional stage where enlightenment, compassion, discovery and healing help the journey become worth all the suffering along the way.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

If I could give the OP 1,000 thumbs up, I would. . . . . .

Also agree 100% with SBF. . . there's no such thing as a slow news cycle in WT World anymore. .. more than enough to discuss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit