FWIW -- Anonymous suggests North Korea will start WWIII before the end of this year

by kpop 59 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

North Korea will start WWIII before the end of this year

On this Buffet..

"Get Me Fork, Knife and Huge Platter!"

Image result for kim jong un food

• kpop
    kpop

As annoying as you are Bohm for being a tard most of the time, I don't recommend you going there. I'm saying this seriously. You will get doxxd and Ddosd at the min. If you do decide to take the plunge you've been warned.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

This may be helpful to some:

Anchoring Effect. (Reference: https://www.pon.harvard.edu/tag/anchoring-effect/)

Anchoring is a cognitive bias that describes the common human tendency to rely too heavily on the first piece of information offered (the "anchor") when making decisions. During decision making, anchoring occurs when individuals use an initial piece of information to make subsequent judgments. Once an anchor is set, other judgments are made by adjusting away from that anchor, and there is a bias toward interpreting other information around the anchor.

Whether or not that fragment of information helps anyone is not useful to the thread in general.

Cofty is correct in the information he presented about Moon. Reading across a spectrum of media commentary about the new ROK President, nowhere is he presented as described by the initial poster.

I think its quite possible that the I.P. (or his information source) confused Moon Jae-In (the new President) with Moon Myung-sun (founder of the Family Federation for World Peace, lateer re-named as the Holy Spirit Association for the Unification of World Christianity, and generally referred to as the "Moonies."). This is a pik of that Moon.

Here's an image of the new President, as the I.P. may note, they are quite different.

As a final comment, both The Republic of Korea (i.e. South Korea) and China (and, I think we should include Russia) have a vested interest in attempting to maintain peace on the Korean Peninsula.

China (if not the ROK) have a long tradition of East Asia wisdom writings that often make more sense that west Asian wisdom writings. Pertinent to the problem of war, is the ancient book written by 孙子 (Sun Zi), the title of which is often translated as "The Art of War."

Two of his 'sayings,' may illuminate this discussion,

1. The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.

I don't think I need to expand that statement. But I will expand the other saying.

2. Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.

That's precisely what the Korean Workers Party (the governing party of North Korea) has been doing ever since they (in effect) lost the Korean War. In the last stage of the war American saturation bombing pulverised the North.

Kim Jong-un did not need a bomb with the silly name of M.O.A.B. to know what will happen to the North in a real war. They know only too well, that a real war will mean their end.

----------------------------

P.S. 1. Did you know: The nearest East Asia came to a nuclear holocaust was when the USA's commander in the Korean War, the almost insane Douglas Macarthur, frustrated by the Chinese entry into the war, wanted to drop atomic bombs at intervals along the North Korean/China border, in order to stop Chinese troops from entering North Korea.

• Fencing
    Fencing

Guys, an anonymous person on the most notorious troll-infested place on the internet said it. It HAS to be true. I mean, people wouldn't just go and lie on the internet.

• waton
    waton

NK, like East Germany before, operates on the claim that they are the only legitimate rulers on the peninsula. They never formally surrendered to the overwhelming looming western might. Think of a united Korea with the aspiring North's military and the South's economic clout.

• bohm
    bohm
    I don't have the metadata. Got it? Anon posted some info a few days ago

Yes I got it. No evidence, no idea what "metadata" even is, no idea what method they use to analyze it. We quite literally don't know if this is someone reading wikipedia and looking at stock prices. I know, I am an idiot for asking these things because I don't have a tor client installed on my computer...

Now moving on from here.

Does this guy have a verifiable record of predicting major world events using his method that I can see?

Just install tor on your router and voila! You're in! No need to ask me!

This is like saying that a person who install a web-browser have access to all content on the internet, of course I know it does not work like that. I am asking you to provide basic referencing (screenshots, etc.).

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent
    • waton :
      NK, like East Germany before, operates on the claim that they are the only legitimate rulers on the peninsula.

In 1950, both sides made that claim, but the fact remains that the west had given little thought to the important question of what to do with Korea after WW2. It is claimed that F. Roosevelt thought that it may be 50 years before they could rule themselves. By the time that Japan surrendered Russian (as the USSR) troops were inside this former part of the Japanese Empire, an well down the peninsula. The American command made a belated offer to the Russians to divide Korea into two. During the one year I spent studying Korean hiistory, I never found a satisfactory answer to the question of why the Russians agreed to the American proposal. Anyway, the Russians set up the DPRK under Kim Il sung, supposedly a former guerilla fighter against the 35 year long Japanese occupation.

The Americans set up the Republic of Korea, parachuting in a staunch anti-communist named Syngman Rhee, At the time that the Korean war commenced both sides were marching battalions of soldiers up and down the border. Who jumped first is not clear, but of course, most western sources claim the north did.

By the time the Americans got themselves a bit organised the DPRK, had pushed the ROK/American army into a corner around Busan. Macarthur's (quite brilliant) counter attack with an amphibious landing at Inchon, well behind the front line nearly brought about the rout of the north. Macarthur failed because he decided to ignore the Chinese warning not to drive through to the border area. When Macarthur ordered his forces to do just that, the Chinese entered the war, moving at night they took the Western forces by surprise and soon the American/western forces were fleeing south.

There is a reasonable description of the war in Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_War.

There are some differences in that account and my own, but essentially both tell a similar story.

Waton: They never formally surrendered to the overwhelming looming western might.

"overwhelming looming western might." Is that why there was a truce, rather than a ROK/USA victory that steamrollered over the whole peninsula? Many observers think that it's the USA that has been slow to keep a final peace treaty from being signed.

How would the view you espoused fit in with ...

"The Agreed Framework between the United States of America and the Democratic People's Republic of Korea was signed on October 21, 1994 between North Korea (DPRK) and the United States. The objective of the agreement was the freezing and replacement of North Korea's indigenous nuclear power plant program with more nuclear proliferation resistant light water reactor power plants, and the step-by-step normalization of relations between the U.S. and the DPRK. Implementation of the agreement was troubled from the start, but its key elements were being implemented until it effectively broke down in 2003"

Why did this agreement break down? Who obstructed it?

Soon after the agreement was signed, U.S. Congress control changed to the Republican Party, who did not support the agreement.[16][17] Some Republican Senators were strongly against the agreement, regarding it as appeasement.[18][19] ... From 1996 Congress provided funding, though not always sufficient amounts.[11][21] Consequently, some of the agreed transitional oil supplies were delivered late.[22] KEDO's first director, Stephen Bosworth, later commented "The Agreed Framework was a political orphan within two weeks after its signature".[23]

Some analysts believe North Korea agreed to the freeze primarily because of the U.S. agreement to phase out economic sanctions that had been in place since the Korean War. But because of congressional opposition, the U.S. failed to deliver on this part of the agreement.[24] "

In other words the American side, (not the DPRK) could not fulfill its part of the agreement.

waton: Think of a united Korea with the aspiring North's military and the South's economic clout.

I doubt that will happen, there are too many historical and ideological differences. But the over-riding reason is the cost of such a move. Some calculate the cost to be as much as three trillion dollars.

The correct solution is to give the DPRK a reason to believe that they have some security of tenure, and support the current DPRK trend toward developing a market economy. As a middle class grows (who have an incentive to support a peaceful future) the problem will be solved.

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

The ROK's new President Moon's life in photographs. Shared from The Korea Times.

This image (provided by his campaign team) shows him as a commando in the ROK Army.

More images of his life, at: http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/nation/2017/05/356_229027.html#

• waton
    waton
    I doubt that will happen, there are too many historical and ideological differences. But the over-riding reason is the cost of such a move. Some calculate the cost to be as much as three trillion dollars.

fts: So do I, but I am looking at a best outcome, like the reunification of Germany. Which financially and philosophically still is a project in progress. The trillions spend on this are peanuts compared to the cost of keep this people apart, fighting each other.

The west (UN) called the repelling of the NK invasion a "police action" . A truly all out effort, no holds barred conflict like ww2, would not have ended in a stalemate.

So, I wish the Korean people well, a peaceful future, what a waste to be ready to commit suicide over who is going to rule.

• kpop
    kpop

Breaking:

North Korea's ambassador to the UK has told Sky News his country will go ahead with its sixth nuclear test at the time and place of its leader's choosing.

"The US cannot attack us first," the ambassador said, adding: "If the US moves an inch, then we are ready to turn to ashes any available strategic assets of the US."

Sounds exactly like what Anonymous said. Oh well. Don't kill the messenger.

http://news.sky.com/story/north-korea-not-afraid-as-it-plans-new-nuclear-test-says-ambassador-in-uk-10870570

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit