I'm not so sure a bigger awakening is going to happen anymore

by bradford 44 Replies latest jw friends

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I don't really hold much hope out for my parents. They are retired and I just can't see them restructuring their entire worldview as well as completely recreating their social networks.

But, their 3 GenX kids are all out, as well as four grandchildren, so it's good to know that all that nonsense stops with our generation.

• kairos
    kairos

I think there will be snowball effect. TTATT will not stay a "secret",

The bottom will fall out.
    Think about this: The 25-55 crowd are watching the very ones that "taught them the truth" die before there eyes. Parents, grandparents and older friends.

They all know that none of these people "were supposed to die".
    I think this one component will get people sniffing around the internet and the forums.
    When millions that were living, have now died, some will accept reality for what it is.

The internet genie is out of the bottle, so to to speak, so asking the JWs to stop using the internet is impossible with all of the JW,ORG hype.

There must be a rather large percentage of JWS that must be just be too scared or confused to act. On the other hand, if you are used to "waiting on Jehovah" all your life, why would any of this shake you now?

I'm hoping mass exodus

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/109520001/we-going-see-mass-awakening

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Check out how many Elders have their kids in college. This tells the R & F...we really don't think the end is that close. Don't get me wrong, I am all for college. It's when the Elder gets up and reads the Watchtower (the anti education Watchtower) and has his kid in college. How hypocritical can you get!!!

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    On lots of trolleys in the big citys apart from the watchtower and the awake the only question is how old all the teaching books are two,five and nine years old, i would feel ashamed if i was doing 70 hours a month that they hadnt been passed out by now.
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart
    Sorry if i was doing 70 hours a month i would feel ashamed that they hadnt been given out by now
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Check out how many Elders have their kids in college. This tells the R & F...we really don't think the end is that close. Don't get me wrong, I am all for college. It's when the Elder gets up and reads the Watchtower (the anti education Watchtower) and has his kid in college. How hypocritical can you get!!!

About 4 years ago, we had a very prominent elder in the region give the Dist Conv talk discouraging education (although a different speaker at the same Conv venue on the next weekend totally slammed higher education -- night & day difference in the 2 talks). Then I learned that at that time this (1st) elder's son was going to the State University pursuing his bachelor's degree. This family is 3 or 4 generations of big shot shakers & movers in the Org here.

Of course, now that his kid has the degree, he probably condemns anyone going to college. All depends whose bull is being gored. Do as I say, not as I do.

WTF?

Doc

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    Steve2 - You said, "The organization knows full well that it has more to be concerned about over apathy than over apostasy." You hit the nail right on the head!
  • steve2
    steve2

Some stunningly perceptive posts.

Many of the comments can be condensed to eight words, which are already in evidence:

Not a mass exodus, but a mass indifference.

The religion I was raised in once attracted a large proportion of zealous newcomers who converted to JW organization.

By contrast, now by far most bums on seats belong to born-ins - and even among that number, a large number are as active as an anesthetized gnat.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Couldn't agree more Steve. I must admit I was so doctrinally asleep as a JW it wasn't until I started visiting apostate sites that I started to realize the full impact of the overlapping generation. The UN thing and child abuse I didn't even know existed. For God's sake there was a KH that I worked on that had 2 refurbishments done to it before it was sold and a new one built and I didn't even realise they were flipping property. Looking back I just can't believe how asleep and gullible I was. I agree the religion that I knew as a child has disappeared. No mass exodus just indifference.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Welcome Braddy.

I can't remember a lot of what it was like leaving. I did have a dope of an elder say to me: 'Oh, you're spiritually weak.'

I had a looney of an elder shouting angrily down the road at me, 'Jehovah knows, Jehovah knows.' the passersby must have thought he was a nut job.

Then there were the idiots that turn away from me or pretend to be looking at other things to avoid me.

The watchtower is so full of hatred it's unbelievable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit