Is it normal to "obsess" with this site?

by kat_newmas 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• kat_newmas
    kat_newmas

I found this site a few days ago. It has been the greatest therapy. For the first time in twenty years, I have just been given the opprutunity to "let it all out" and answer to every issue I ever had with these folks. (so please forgive me for the length of some of my posts).

I was just wondering if any of you seemed to "obsess" over this site when you first found it. I mean, I wake up and for the first time ever, I go to my pewter and log on... before I even take a pee. I get home from work and rush past the wife... "gotta see what the site is doing" ... it is weird. I have never even been an internet nut. I am an artist.. havent painted a thing in five days, cause I am too busy re-living my childhood on this site... it has even brought back memories, that I had "put aside".

Is this normal? Do any of you seem to be caught up in it? I mean, we all know the extent of how they get inside your head... and stay... forever. Anyway, I am already late for work, but you can be assured I will be right back as soon as I go pull my seven hours in my office. LOL. Just wondering.

Thanx again to Simon (the one I assume created this, from what I have read) This is the best Therapy... and very EMPOWERING.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Hehe, yups, its "normal". First thing I do when I wake up is check my email, and then check the board. I keep lurkling the entire day and post every now and then.

Welcome, I hope you'll keep enjoying the place.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Me too, I'm guilty.

I feel like I've become an obsessive compulsive.

I have the board open at work, keep it minimized, and go on it every chance I get. Can't get enough of it, of course I'm stil pretty new on it myself. I'm sure in time it won't be such an obsession. My hubby and I have to share the computer at home, so things get a little tense, if he's on too long and I want to get on the board. We'll have to either break down and buy another computer, or just learn to share

• SYN
    SYN

Every lunchtime, every lunchtime But I don't spend as much time here as I once did...

• LB
    LB

People get obsessed? Don't worry, after a few thousand posts you'll start to slow down.

• Gopher
    Gopher

I think it's human nature to get caught up in something that's new to you. At first you cannot get enough of it. I was that way when I first get on, and I occasionally go through phases where I spend a lot more time on it than I normally do, like during vacations.

But after I got issues settled and made good ex-JW connections, my activity here calmed down. I mainly come here to read the latest hijinks the WTS is up to, to keep connected to acquaintances I've made out here, and to give my opinion on questions raised by members (new and old).

I'm always sure to visit at least once per day.

• dottie
    dottie

Just wait....could be worse....you'll be in chat soon

Dottie...of the hopelessly addicted to chat class

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Welcome to the board .....(oh no, I forgot your name and I can't edit this post, sorry)

I think getting obsessed with this board is a common reaction. And you are so right about it being good therapy. So go with it, get out some of your hidden emotions and concerns. After a while, and after meeting many people here, life seems to mellow out again and the xjw thing gets put back into prospective. Anyway, that's what I have found.

Now, tell us a little about yourself, when you feel comfortable.

Hugs,

j2bf

• undercover
    undercover
    But after I got issues settled....., my activity here calmed down. I mainly come here to read the latest hijinks the WTS is up to,,,,,,,and to give my opinion on questions raised by members (new and old).

That's me. I couldn't keep away at first. But now I come by once in awhile, see if there's a new scandal and drop my opinion on a couple of subjects. And I managed to do this in just a few months in under 200 posts.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I`ve gotten over my obsession with this board..Now I`m obsessed with the word obsession..Obsession,obsession,I can`t get that word out of my head..I`m going mad..Somebody save me!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit