How Much Does a Tattoo Hurt?

by Scarlet 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I have eight different pieces of work. The one on my waist hurt the most, if ya wanna call it pain. Also sensitive is when they go over top of a bone. Regrets, I've had a few, like my ex wife's name. woohoo!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I have eight different pieces of work. The one on my waist hurt the most, if ya wanna call it pain. Also sensitive is when they go over top of a bone. Regrets, I've had a few, like my ex wife's name. woohoo!

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

Thank you all so much for your input. I have wanted a tattoo for a few years but have been afraid of the pain to get one. I think I will go in for a consultation first and then make an appointment. I also like the idea of getting the henna tattoo first to make sure I like the placement of it.

• shera
    shera

I have been wanting a tatto myself for yrs...but keep backing out.I'm more scared that they may be careless.I want to get my belly button peirced..lol ..now that is scaring me! After hearing how it is done...... yeccckkk! Anyone out there...is it really bad getting it done?

• kat_newmas
    kat_newmas

for years I wanted a lady-bug put ... you know... on my ... uh... willy? three words of advice.... DONT DO THAT.

• Valis
    Valis

I like the old saying "If you don't have at least one bad tattoo, then you don't have one at all..."...People regret lots of things, but hey there will be no regrets when the worms come....I wish I had spent more time planning my tattoos than having them for the instant gratification..*LOL*, but they can be repaired....the last tattoo which is very good, was blended into my other tattoo very nicely and I'm very proud to have it...the latest tattooist Ben form Capital Tattoo in Richmond, Va. tells me he would rather work with someone who plans and has an ideal of how they want to look in the end instead of just getting a tat here or there...if you look at most of the aboriginal tattoo practices world wide you find semmetry and overall design...

Shera, there is an initial jolt that might be akin to getting pinched really hard...they use surgical steel to remove the flesh so its very fast and the whole prcedure takes little time to do. The most important thing is to keep it clean and ensure it heals properly.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The others are right... it really depends on where you get it. I have on on my back. The upper back area does not hurt nearly as much as the mid or lower area.

During the tattoo you will "numb-out" after awhile. A very strange experience... it's like the pain is there.. but not really there.

Just try to relax and go to your "happy place"

Regarding the later pain of regret... I have never regretted getting mine... I LOVE it.

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

I wouldn't mind one, but gosh theres so many to choose from, it would take me quite a while to pick one out, where to have it put and then I'd wonder if once it's done if thats the one I really like.

• Francois
    Francois

Plum, you're right. In about twenty years, we're going to have a whole slew of old ladies with dragons draped out of shape on their lower abdomen that they have to keep stuffing back into their bathing suits.

These are the same ladies who attempt to committ suicide by shoting themselves in the left nipple and blow their kneecaps off.

Just a thought.

francois

• sf
    sf

Yes, tats hurts! Especially if you don't finish the entire bottle of 151!! [:p]

Seriously, they are painful. It is likened to being surgically cut yet not deep. A needle is 'drawing' on you, like a crayon. It gingerly digs into the top layers of your skin. If you just prepare yourself for the incoming sensations, you'll do fine.

My first tat was of the word 'Leo'. It's my birthsign. I had it placed on my upper left arm. And after my disfellowshipment, I learned of what The Lion was all about and wanted it etched into my skin to show how proud I was that I had gotten away from the jws and that that Leo Lion was a big help. I became fiercely independant after that. That was 1977.

Years laters, after a few years in AA recovery, I decided I wanted another tattoo; a rose, to symbolize my love for that particular Flower. It was as if I had 'blossomed' into such a beautiful 'person' through my recovery process, and I had fell in love with roses...I had to have it! So I had a red rose with leaves and thorns, tattooed on my right breast. OUCH! Yet, this time I was ready for the sensations. Why the breast? I was going thru many sex issues through that process of recovery too, that having it there was a type of advertisement. It was all strange then, yet the tatts remain today as symbols of my 'incomprehensible demoralization(s)!

sKally...and yes!, i seriously DID drink a small bottle of 151 for the Leo' tat, yet was completely 'drug-free' for the rose.....hmmmm, same with my two kids...weird!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit