How Much Does a Tattoo Hurt?

by Scarlet 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

I am thinking about getting a tattoo of a Yellow Flower on my lower back. This Tattoo artist is really good. (http://www.avalontattoo.com/steve.htm)

I just want to know how painful is it? I am really scared to get it done but want you to be honest. I want to know what to really expect.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Depending where on your body you get it done. The fattier the area, the more painful. The ones on my arms did not hurt a bit. My back hurt a bit more. Also, avoid getting a tattoo during your period, women's skin sometimes wont hold the ink very well.

for the most part I have not found them to be painful at all. In fact, bewarned, you may become addicted.

Chevy 'thinks everyone should get at least one tattoo in their lifetime' class

• not interested
    not interested

i have to agree with chevy i didnt think it hurt at all more of an uncomfortable feeling,,....wich reminds me i have to go back and get the colors touched up......

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

The real pain comes a few years down the road, when you see the tattoo and you ask yourself, "What the hell was I thinking??!!"

Laser surgeons specializing in tattoo removal are going to be making MOUNTAINS of cash in the next 10-20 years.

• DonnieDarko
    DonnieDarko

Yeah, it's more of an "uncomfortable" feeling than any real pain. although, as I found out, i am one of the few "ultra bleeders"...seems they had to stop several times and apply pressure to keep me from bleeding to death. Also, if you have ANY doubts at all about getting a tat, I suggest you DON"T get one cause as you know, it doesn't wash off if you decide you no longer want it.

\Donnie/

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

I will not lie.......mine was a tad uncomfortable in the beginning. The most uncomfortable was the long outlines that were done first......and holding very very still. After awhile, I think I just got use to it.....maybe a little numb. Tatts are by no means as painful as people make them out to be. Cripes, after going thru labor three times, the tatt seemed like a walk in the park!

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

I don't have any tats, but my friend has quite a bit of ink. The last time we were in L.A. he got one on the inside of each bicep. He said that they hurt pretty bad, but that's because it's a tender area anyway. They look really good now. Next time I get out to L.A., I'm going to have our friend Mike do one on my right shoulder w/ my daughter's name on a heart. It will be one that I can show off when I want but can cover too.

Coon

(of the I want some ink too class)

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

Scarlet,

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I have two one on my right hip<butt>the other is on my left errrr front errr hipor maybe not quite the hip.

The butt wasn't bad the eerrr <lets say hip> was painful in spots but all in all not bad, I chose something I WOULD always want though took me forever to make up my mind!<38 years LOL>

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

I think that it must be different for everyone. I have a very high tolerance to pain. That is the location I chose for my tattoo and didn't know if I was going to make it through the whole ordeal. Mine was very painful!!! NO JOKING But others say that it's not bad. You need to consider where those persons got their tats, it does make a difference in the pain level. I'm not trying to discourage you at all. Just want you to know that it's a possibility that it could be very very uncomfortable for you. I love my tattoo!!! Good luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit