How Much Does a Tattoo Hurt?

by Scarlet 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Beans
    Beans

Mine is on my chest and it did not hurt at all.

Beans

• Ghosthunter
    Ghosthunter

I got a tattoo on my right ankle (a tiger cub) last year and absolutely LOVE IT! I went with a friend that got hers on her lower back. Mine hurt worse than hers did BY FAR. It WAS painful, but, when you've been through childbirth, you can just about tolerate anything. I will say that the black outline hurt much worse than the color. Once the outline was done (mine took about 20 minutes) the color was a piece of cake.

Get one and enjoy!

Peace out!

Ghosthunter

• praying_mantis
    praying_mantis

I have a ghecko on my shoulder. It felt like rugburn when I was getting it done. My only regret is the location. I wished I had went with my lower back.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

My arms I didn't feel a thing.

My hip some discomfort nothing much.

My back.. spine was a buit painful... over my tailbone, oh dear god, hurts!!!!

• LB
    LB

The one on my upper arm didn't hurt at all. It was more like a sunburn type of feeling. A few hours later I had forgotten that I had it done.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

I was more uncomfortable sitting in a wierd position getting the tattoo, then the actual tattoo work itself. It felt like someone intensily tickling me, in one spot, took alot of self control. But then again, I've had my apendix explode, and that was probibly the most painful thing I've been through, so everything else seems like nothing, except for breaking my tail bone, that still hurts, if I sit wrong.

• LB
    LB

I was told that the closer to the bone the more discomfort.

But you want to talk about pain. Back when I was 15 LindaLu did me wrong. She was a vacation sweetheart, took me out in the woods much like Sarah Did Joe Millionaire and then the next day she's exploring the campground with a guy with a drivers license.

Some of these old memories are much like a broken tailbone, a pain in the ass.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

as i said -- fat and flash does not hurt. Muscle I hear can hurt. Spine HURTS, tailbone is pure misery. See how TH broke his spine? That garbage sticnks, let me tell you. YOW! Avoid the tailbone if you hte pain.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Yep, It totally depends on "WHERE" you have it placed.

The guy that did mine has everything on his person tatoo'd. Even his eyelids. EVERYTHING!

I would highly recomend anyone thinking about getting tatoo'd, think twice before you carve someones name into your skin and fill it with dark outline.

And keep in mind, your skin WILL get old, regardless of what you think. I've seen some pretty ugly tatoo's that were once upon a time very nice.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

This is what I wrote on the other Tattoo thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/46933/665706/post.ashx#665706

I have read many of the messages on this thread, and they are all good. Click mine for more info, and also, about HENNA TATTOOS .

The flower idea, is a good one.

LB's description: sunburn...yup, that would be about right-on!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit