The Shit Has Just Started Hitting The Fan For The WT Corporation, Nightmare Stage!

by Brokeback Watchtower 31 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    wots the H-word ? ( whisper it )

Horlicks..... shhh

• millie210
    millie210

The lack of press given to the 100 year anniversary of 1914 was a huge one for me.

I really thought they would put their game face on and go for it.

The fact that they barely mentioned it was a huge eye opener for me.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    I really do think that the passage of 100 plus years now since 1914 has caused a ''tide of doubters'' within the Borg and rank and file. Of course, nobody will acknowledge it for fear of being labelled as ''apostate'' and the spectre of being subject to a judicial committee!!!
  • Magnum
    Magnum

it leads to a “frustration stage” as things start to go wrong, prompting a more determined effort to keep the fantasy in being. As reality presses in, it leads to a “nightmare stage” as everything goes wrong, culminating in an “explosion into reality”, when the fantasy finally falls apart.

I agree with freddo and DarioKehl. I think they are in the frustration stage. Things are really starting to go wrong (money issues, unsuccessful recruiting, over 100 years from 1914 with no excitement about GT starting soon, exposure on the internet, etc.), and they are putting forth a "determined effort to keep the fantasy in being". They've done a 180 and embraced the internet, seemingly hired a PR firm, started focusing on money more, become more mainstream (cartoons, singing & dancing in KHs), etc.

I believe that the nightmare stage is not too far away. I believe they will have almost no new field recruits and that more, esp young ones, will wake up. I believe their numbers will start to decline.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

We all say the s-word, H-word, and F-word

Splane.

Herd.

Franz.

?

• Makemeanunbeliever
    Makemeanunbeliever
    Many here are uneducated in the momentum of a large corporation and its ability to withstand serious setbacks. How much more so one funded by donations, is tax exempt and has millions of free laborers?
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

@ DD I agree!

@ Dario - thanks for the refresher and listing!

• Magnum
    Magnum

Makemeanunbeliever: Many here are uneducated in the momentum of a large corporation and its ability to withstand serious setbacks. How much more so one funded by donations, is tax exempt and has millions of free laborers

I think that it's being overly simplistic to make a comparison between the JW organization and other 'large corporations'. The situations are different, but even if they weren't, it must be noted that large corporations can rapidly lose momentum as the winds change. The winds have changed and are changing in JW land.

Also, you indicate that the fact that the org is "funded by donations" and "has millions of free laborers" is what will keep it going. I think the fact that it's dependent on such be will be its downfall. Recruiting from the field is not working, and I think a lot of those on the inside are going to wake up or become complacent, so I think their numbers are going to go down and they won't have as many to donate money and time and efforts. Also, I think that some, if not many, are going to donate less.

I think the JW leaders might sense this, and that's at least partly why they've taken over Kingdom Halls, set congregations up to make monthly payments, etc.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

DarioKehl said "broadcasting launched & immediately backfires due to open criticism from general public"

Where do you get this backfired and open criticism from general public?

I'm taking your list and using it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I remember reading about this years ago and pretty much coming to the same conclusion.

The WTS may not have entered the "nightmare stage" yet, but the sheer full-on weirdness of everything they've been doing lately practically screams "frustration stage".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit