ADAM AND EVE CREATED SAME YEAR says Jehovah's channel:

by garybuss 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Dogpatch
  • Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Masterji said, [quote][b] The INSiGHT book makes the proper correction.[/b][/quote]

PROPER for all time or proper for the time being, M?

Why does it take the spirit directed WTS 100 years to get it "proper"? Weren't C.T. Russell, J.F. Rutherford and Freddy Franz directed by the Holy Spirit? Doesn't the Holy Spirit know the correct number?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Announcer:

It looks like a fast 1872 Ball... he swings.. and Misses!

Ok, folks, the pitcher is rearing back... he throws... its an 1873 Curve Ball... he swings... and Misses!

Ok, this is it... he needs this run or the game is over... the pitcher throws a Slow 1972 Ball... he swings... and stumbles forward missing.... ohhh what an awful site! You would think a professional ball player would maintain better composure than that.

Oh... hold on a minute... what's going on here? It looks like the batter is demanding that the pitcher throw him another ball. This is unprecedented!!! The referees are waving their arms clearly indicating that this is not going to happen... hold on... I don't believe my eyes! The batter is threatening to hit that referees with the bat if they don't let him swing again!!!

I don't believe it!!! It looks like the referees are going to let him swing again... you would think that by now the batter's history will show what will happen... but the batter is adamant... he wants to try to hit the ball again...

Here we go... the pitcher rears back... the entire stadium goes quiet... everyone is watching... could this be it? Could this be the time he hits the ball?

The pitcher lets the ball go... Oh My Gawd!!! It's a Screw-Ball !!! The batter takes a mighty swing at it... misses and spins around falling on his ass!!! The bat goes flying through the air striking several fans in the stand.

I don't understand... why would fans tolerate such an incompetent batter? He has never hit a ball in his entire carrier. Wild bats frequently injure or kill fans.

Oh, what's that? Sorry... I was just handed one of his autographed photographs. I think I understand now... this would certainly explain why his fans love him so much...

He always writes a message with his autograph... "I am the greatest ball player of all time. I may not be perfect, but my intentions are pure and if you stick with me I will take you to the World Series!!!"

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

ROTFL @ Elsewhere

I read this with "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights" in my head....

• rocketman
    rocketman

Runningman, thanks for including those 4 cracks the WTS took at the 6,000 yrs. Good info.

• Inserter
    Inserter

I am responding to the statement that Eve was the first person to use God's name. In my Bible Eve uses the word Lord and not Jehovah. The jw bible is the only one that uses that name and also adds it in the New Testament when it doesn't even appear in the original greek.

• Gamaliel
    Gamaliel

Inserter, Just a quick note about your statement:

I am responding to the statement that Eve was the first person to use God's name. In my Bible Eve uses the word Lord and not Jehovah. The jw bible is the only one that uses that name and also adds it in the New Testament when it doesn't even appear in the original greek.

Actually, your Bible probably doesn't say Lord in the verse, it more likely says LORD. The Lord God is referred to as Lord (Hebrew: Adonai, or sometimes Ba'al). When your Bible says LORD instead of Lord, it is replacing the Hebrew letters for YHWH. For most other Hebrew names your Bible probably uses J instead of Y (and V for W), so that a lot of translators will write Yahweh or Jehovah or LORD, but almost never will they translate it as Lord. Gamaliel

• Inserter
    Inserter

Thanks Gamaliel for responding and clearing that up. I guess I was just wondering why Eve would have used the name Jehovah, when wasn't it in Exodus when God told Moses what His name was.

• aunthill
    aunthill

So let me understand this: When Eve was 130 she gave birth to Seth - then had MORE children after that? When a baby girl is born, she has a finite number of eggs in her ovaries which generally last 40 years +/-, when those are gone - no more babies! So did Eve have really humungous ovaries to have children at 130 and beyond? Or did she just generate more eggs like men do sperm?

• ballistic
    ballistic

To Nathan and others who mentioned it...

Has the society ever stated that there is a definate fixed number of years, i.e. 6000, between creation and the end? Can anyone quote this; I had presumed this was just an urban legend.

If they have done, how can it be so, as the Witnesses often quote that "nobody knows the day or the hour, not even the angels..."

Surely the Angels can do basic mathematics and could have worked out the end date from the beginning?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit