ADAM AND EVE CREATED SAME YEAR says Jehovah's channel:

by garybuss 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• garybuss
    garybuss

ADAM AND EVE CREATED SAME YEAR says Jehovah's channel:

INSIGHT BOOK # 1 p. 772 Eve

When Adam was 130 years old, Eve gave birth to a son whom she called Seth, saying: "God has appointed another seed in place of Abel, because Cain killed him." She could properly express herself as she did at the births of both Cain and Seth, since God had given her and Adam their reproductive powers, and because of God’s unmerited kindness in not putting her to death immediately when she transgressed His command, she had been able to give birth. With the birth of Seth the Genesis record concerning Eve comes to a close.—Ge 4:25; 5:3, 4.

INSIGHT BOOK # 2 p. 899 Seth

Seth: The son of Adam and Eve born when Adam was 130 years old.

So we read that Adam was "a hundred and thirty years"of age when he became father to Seth. (Aid To Bible Understanding,TWB&TS p. 277)

EVE: BIRTHS OF CHILDREN

At the birth of her first son Cain,outside paradise, Eve exclaimed :"I have acquired a man with the aid of Jehovah ."(Gen .4 :1)Interestingly,Eve is the first one reported using God's name,indicating that the name Jehovah was known to the very first humans. Later she gave birth to Abel as well at to other sons and daughters .At the age of 130 another son was born to her .Eve called his name Seth,saying :"God has appointed another seed in place of Abel,because Cain killed him . (Aid To Bible Understanding,TWB&TS p.538)

Comments?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I guess I'm missing something... how are you concluding that Eve was created in the same year as Adam?

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Elsewhere:

Seth: The son of Adam and Eve born when Adam was 130 years old.

So we read that Adam was "a hundred and thirty years"of age when he became father to Seth. (Aid To Bible Understanding,TWB&TS p. 277)

At the age of 130 another son was born to her .Eve called his name Seth,saying :"God has appointed another seed in place of Abel,because Cain killed him . (Aid To Bible Understanding,TWB&TS p.538)

As for my comments....I dunno that I have any. So they are guessing they are same age...which would mean that it didn't take long for Adam to become horny and lonely...based upon my calculations of sexual urges...this seems about right. Hee hee!

Honestly, I dunno...is this upsetting to you somehow gary? They are making a guess at her age, which people have made other round about guesses when it comes to Bible interpretation.

For my money this line was much more entertaining:

Eve is the first one reported using God's name,indicating that the name Jehovah was known to the very first humans.
    That is if Adam and Eve are to be believed as real people, and IF the pronunciation was in fact Jehovah, and that it wasn't edited in later by persons at a later date.
  • Celia
    Celia

Yeah.... Adam and Eve are both 130 years old when Seth was born....

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oh wait... I see it:

• The son of Adam and Eve born when Adam was 130 years old.
    • At the age of 130 another son was born to her (Eve)

Veeeeery interesting

So much for the WTS's other prophecy that the "end" would come withen the number of years of Eve's creation.

• Celia
    Celia

Johanna : I believe the Watch Tower said that they didn't know when Eve was born, how long after Adam had been on earth, when they had to explain why nothing happened in 1975....

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Elsewhere,

If Adam was 130 when Seth was born, and Eve was 130 when Seth was born, it follows that Adam and Eve were created within less than a year of each other.

Ever since NOTHING happened so spectacularly in 1975, the Watchtower has been saying that Adam was probably alone in the Garden of Eden for quite some time before Eve was created, because it was only AFTER the creation of Eve that God "rested" and the sixth creative day came to a close. Before 1975 the WTS said that Eve was 130 when Seth was born. Today they have no idea how old she might have been.

The Watchtower maintains that Adam, according to "the bagats," was created in 4026 BCE and would have had 6,000 candles on his birthday cake in 1975. So far, Adam must hav been alone in Eden, talking to the animals, for 28 years, because Armageddon, which comes at the end of the seventh creative day/beginning of the eighth creative day, has not yet occurred.

I think it is interesting, the tie-in between the 1914 generation and how long Adam was alone in Eden.

Of course, being a perfect man, Adam could withstand the ultimate solitary confinement - being the only human on the entire planet - 24/7 for more than 28 years, right?

This is a wonderful nugget illustrating how marvelously Jehovah has revealed things to his "channel," the Watchtower.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

*** Watchtower 75 5/1 285 A Contrast-Missionaries with an Urgent, Lifesaving Work ***
    Franz added: "There's no basis for believing that mankind, faced with what it now faces, can exist for the seventh thousand-year period" under the present system of things.

Does this mean that we know exactly when God will destroy this old system and establish a new one? Franz showed that we do not, for we do not know how short was the time interval between Adam's creation and the creation of Eve, at which point God's rest day of seven thousand years began. (Heb. 4:3, 4) But, he pointed out, "we should not think that this year of 1975 is of no significance to us," for the Bible proves that Jehovah is "the greatest chronologist" and "we have the anchor date, 1914, marking the end of the Gentile Times." So, he continued, "we are filled with anticipation for the near future, for our generation."-Matt. 24:34.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Thanks for responding.

Are there any lurkers who can answer the importance of the time span between the creation of Eve and Adam?

How many new the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation set their creation in the same year in 1971?

How would this knowledge affect chronology?

More comments, please!

Also, let's hear from that individual waiting to make that first post . . . .

The Way I See it http://www.freeminds.org/buss/buss.htm

[email protected]

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Six years before the article in the AID TO BIBLE UNDERSTANDING book, they said this:

"32 It is true that mankind's line of descent runs back to Seth rather than to Abel; but that is no
    proof that Eve was uttering an inspired prophecy as God's prophetess at Seth's birth and naming. By being permitted to live longer and [u] by not losing her reproductive powers at a hundred and thirty years of age[/u], Eve could properly attribute to God her bearing of Seth, especially in the light of God's words of sentence upon her.-Gen. 3:16." - WATCHTOWER, March 15, 1965, page 171, article "Who Will Be Resurrected - Why?".

Thus the statement in the AID book was not simply a typographical error, as they might enjoy trying to claim.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit