What Is Your Opinion Of Melania Trump?

by minimus 143 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon
    Michelle has had her moments where she was photographed and was quite attractive and other times not so good looking at all

Exactly. People making comments about Melania only looking good because she has money to spend on hair and make-up seem to forget that Michelle didn't get out of bed and sort herself out each morning - they both have people employed to make them look good and often wear clothing that is completely outside the price range of most people. The Obama's kids were decked out in $40k worth of dress for one event - crazy silly money.

I think the people employed to make Melania look good have the benefit of starting a little further down the track.

• LV101
    LV101

The designers (re/wardrobe) worked with what they had re/Ole Hil and Michelle -- and I laud them! Melania could wear attire from Good Will and still knock 'em dead. Her Manolo Blahnik heels are stunning -- at least she can walk straight and beautiful in them. I doubt she'd need an entire Air Force 1 jet to haul her makeup like Michelle -- (yes, that was reported and may have been more than 1 jumbo jet; can you imagine!) and I can't imagine how much time they spend on fossil Ole Hil.

Melania isn't wearing hair pieces/wigs or globbed on makeup - she's very fortunate and beautiful.

• jp1692
    jp1692

I find it very disappointing that the major thrust of the comments on this thread are more concerned with the appearance of the FLOTUS and not the quality of her character. But what should I expect from people that support a reality tv star as President?

(I predict many “Dislikes” and no genuine dialogue or discussion from the members of the Trump cult in response to this comment.)

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    But what should I expect from people that support a reality tv star as President?
    (I predict many “Dislikes” and no genuine dialogue or discussion from the members of the Trump cult in response to this comment.)

• LV101
    LV101

Many have discussed both appearance and character. You're more than welcome to discuss the "quality of her character" as well as anything else you desire or to be disappointed. It's called freedom.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

I only spoke of her character. I elaborated on her actions and behavior. I’m not conservative or Rebublican.

Everything was pleasant until someone called her a tramp and a goldigger. Then harping on nude photos from modeling shoots?

What in the actual fuck is wrong with your Morph’s Law damaged minds?

That’s just straight bullshit.

When talking about the FLOTUS becomes a political dogfight we have truly discovered a new debased rock layer.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    minimus - "What is your opinion of Melania Trump?"

She seems sad.

Can't imagine why.

• Simon
    Simon
    I find it very disappointing that the major thrust of the comments on this thread are more concerned with the appearance of the FLOTUS and not the quality of her character. But what should I expect from people that support a reality tv star as President?

All we know of most people is their appearance on TV. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with her character but it's hard to judge without knowing someone or knowing someone who does and who's judgement you trust.

It goes both ways - there are people willing to condemn her and label her, accusing her of all sorts of things, with no basis for doing so whatsoever other than because they hate Trump because he beat their candidate in the election.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Simon: it's hard to judge without knowing someone or knowing someone

That is very true. I don't know her. But I can draw some conclusions based on her public behavior. Her tone-deafness is apparent from actions such as wearing the "I really don't care. Do U?" jacket during her trip to McAllen, Texas. Context counts.

Also, the complete irony of her "Be Best" anti-bullying campaign is palpable in light how how her husband treats other people. C'mon, Donald Trump is the self-proclaimed Cyberbully-in-Chief.

• Simon
    Simon
    Her tone-deafness is apparent from actions such as wearing the "I really don't care. Do U?" jacket during her trip to McAllen, Texas.

I think that was a pointed message and the fact that there is no pretty much zero mention of that issue maybe shows that the "Do U?" part was accurate. It was an invented issue, flavor of the week, for the outrage machine.

Hearing Clinton come out with comments about "believe all women" really gives me the same sense of tone-deafness that you may imagine Malania's jacket does.

As for Trump being a bully, he possibly is. But as the recent NYT (?) article suggested - he's a bully standing up for other people.

Are the people he attacks really just bullied out of the blue? I don't think so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit