Implications of gay marriage ruling

by Rattigan350 175 Replies latest social current

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy
    Viviane, that is not idiotic at all, that is just what happened! We left a country where the King and the royal family had the power concentrated in their hands, and came here to America, where we the people (majority rules) could decide our destiny as a nation. Power was no longer in the hands of a few, but was placed in the hands of the many.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    But one mentioned routinely on the R Wing Fundie sites and by their leaders.

Of course, because R Wingnut Fundies are stupid.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

And so are left wing liberals!

• DJS
    DJS

JG and Rat,

Your whining is tedious and unflattering. You lost. Get over it. You are on the wrong side of history on this topic - not to mention that your kind, with each passing month and year, becomes more of a minority in this country and the other W. democracies, until, one day in the not too distant future, your kind will pass. You are dead men walking.

Perhaps this is just the last few gasps of agonal respiration. Let's hope.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Viviane, that is not idiotic at all, that is just what happened!

I can't help that you passionately defend pretend made up not real history. I dunno, try reading a book on history. Or watching a movie based on an actual history book.

We left a country where the King and the royal family had the power concentrated in their hands, and came here to America, where we the people (majority rules) could decide our destiny as a nation. Power was no longer in the hands of a few, but was placed in the hands of the many.

As I said and you perfectly show, you've a fundamental misunderstanding of history and no idea how your government works. Your opinion is wrong and useless.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

you are right DJS, my kind is fading fast. But the bible teaches this too, so I believe you there. Whether you want to or not, you are proving the bible to be true. There will come a time when very few people will hold fast to the word of God. In the end times good will be called bad, and bad will be called good. for if the days are not cut short, even the very elect could be deceived. We are living, surely living, in the days he spoke about!

• Viviane
    Viviane
    And so are left wing liberals!

Clearly not, since they aren't neck deep in butthurt at consistently losing.

• DJS
    DJS

JG,

Yeah, I believed all of that once. A long time ago. In a galaxy far, far away. I hate that person and what he believed. JG, by all means continue to believe what you believe and be on what you think is the 'right' side of god. Please. Continue. But your beliefs haven't one single thing to do with the US Constitution and the utilitarian, for the common good protections therein.

They protect everyone, whether they believe in your god or not. You and your kind would force your beliefs down the throats of the rest of us. Marriage is a secular entity; it is a governmental interest as was pointed out on the "Orange" OP. Free and fair commerce is also a governmental interest, and they have consistently ruled that you x-tian haters can't use your religion to refuse service to gays or blacks or anyone else your hate filled god and his hate filled followers want to hate.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy
    the battle may have been won, but the war will be lost. I would rather be on the wrong side of history, than the wrong side of God.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    Whether you want to or not, you are proving the bible to be true. There will come a time when very few people will hold fast to the word of God. In the end times good will be called bad, and bad will be called good.

And now we know that you've also no idea what the Bible says. Basically, you're passionately arguing for what you incorrectly think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit