Implications of gay marriage ruling

by Rattigan350 175 Replies latest social current

• Viviane
    Viviane
    So it basically boils down to numbers--more justices ruled for gay marriage than against.

Congrats. You've learned how the concept known as "counting" works.

I see this whole movement as one big cult, bent on destroying traditional values and free speech in this nation. I have seen them twist the bible in the very same way the Watchtower does, I have seen them try to silence dissent, in the very same way the Watchower does.

Well, you're ridiculously wrong uninformed, exactly as before.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy
    No, I am right. Anyway, if 2 of those justices had recused themselves from the ruling, as they should have since they had performed gay marriages themselves, then this ruling would have went the other way.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    Our forefathers left a "minority rules" type of government to come here so the majority could rule.

I just want to point out how mind numbigly idiotic and wrong that sentence is.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    You're absolutely right! This whole movement reminds me so much of the Watchtower, the similarities are uncanny.

Yeah, this is just like the WTS! Those guys are always expanding personal freedom! Damn them to hell!

• DJS
    DJS

SS,

Great video. I've been to West Point Military Academy several times. I've not met this gentlemen, but I have a close friend who is a counselor there, and one of their Lts. helped me with putting together an Intelligence Analysis course I taught a few years ago. "States' Rights,' when used by the Rush ditto heads, is a cover for hate.

OC,

Great post. The US Constitution was a visionary document put together by men who understood that majority rules have their place in a democracy and should be honored and protected. They also understood the rights of the individual - and those in the minority - when they crafted both our government, how the votes are tallied for the POTUS and especially the Constitution. It was and is a utilitarian, for the common good of all document.

Clearly, the R Wing and x-tian Fundies do not have a clue how the Constitution works.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    JG:
    Anyway, if 2 of those justices had recused themselves from the ruling, as they should have since they had performed gay marriages themselves, then this ruling would have went the other way.

Well it didn't happen that way so your statement is pointless.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy
    SecretSlaveClass---which goes to show it was an invalid ruling, called into question by the fact that 2 of those justice were not impartial at all, but had been involved with gay marriage personally.
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    No, I am right.

So far, I've not seen that ever be true. Let's see what happens next!

Anyway, if 2 of those justices had recused themselves from the ruling, as they should have since they had performed gay marriages themselves,

Nope. Still have exactly zero idea how your government works, why it does or what you are talking about. You're wrong in every conceivable sense of the word.

then this ruling would have went the other way

If germany had won, we would speak German. Alas, life is not dictated by your fantasy what if games.

Gay people can get married. Get over it.

• DJS
    DJS

JG,

If any of the other justices had ever been involved with a hetero marriage, that would have had as much to do with their ability to rule objectively as the two justices you mention. That is a false argument. A red herring. But one mentioned routinely on the R Wing Fundie sites and by their leaders.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    -which goes to show it was an invalid ruling, called into question by the fact that 2 of those justice were not impartial at all, but had been involved with gay marriage personally.

It goes to show that you've no idea how a judiciary works. You lack knowledge, education, experience or really any reason to think or suppose you've the ability to form a valid opinion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit