Go Bags, Safe houses and cartoon of two kids.

by scruffmcbuff 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• freddo
    freddo

Go bags - what a laff!

A PIMC (Physically in Mentally Confused) mate who is more PIMO by the day told me about his aged devout parents "Go Bags" - these older folk are late 80's, one has had a stroke, another is on a zimmer frame (walker frame with wheels) - they had a "Go Bag" the size of a camping rucksack PLUS two 5 litre bottles of water.

He asked them how they were going to cope "with carrying that lot"? His father said he would wear the rucksack and his mother would carry the two five litre bottles of water.

He told me that he said they wouldn't even make it to the end of the garden before the armed police carted them off for three squares a day in the local jail so not to worry!

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

@freddo. Sounds like he has his head screwed on!.this advice is insane! Bugging out is only advisable if your fit and have a solid plan!

Why do they even need go bags if they have jehovahs help.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I think it's a good idea to have a plan (not for armageddon) but for a natural disaster or fire.

After Grenfell I worried how I would save all my hedgehogs (I am on the 7th floor of a similar tower block) knowing it would have to be done in a single trip. I am confident I can do it using pillowcases with a couple in each one. 10 pillowcases are in an easy to reach place now.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    ScruffmcduffWhy do they even need go bags if they have jehovahs help.

^^^This^^^^

Is what has always confused me. Go bags are a relatively New thing, in that it used to be accepted Jehovah would care for his own....they are just another distraction method for the sheeple because "the end" ain't comin'

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Ha ha sorry OP just realised you are mcBuff not mcDuffLoL (thinking of macBeth) I really gotta get my eyes tested:-)) :-))

AmeliaAshton I now get your avatar, too. How fantastic I adored hedgehogs as a child, and always fed them but my kids have never seen one which worries me. Are they disappearing?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Dio: Go bags are a relatively New thing

Yes, "go bags" were introduced post 9/11

The WT/org became involved in disaster preparedness as part of a government initiative

• new boy
    new boy

Go bags?

I guess Jehovah doesn't have the ability to save people where ever they happen to be. They must get a bag and move to a new location...and that is the spot Jehovah can save you at.

cool aid anyone?

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Elder's phone numbers? Hell try calling them NOW for a Shepherding Call (tm), see how quickly they respond.

Most of my fellow elders couldn't be bothered to help those in need, the elderly, sick, single moms....unless they could reciprocate. There were good men that were exceptions, but they burned out and quit.

Another reason I am glad I am not part of that madness now.

Snakes

• dozy
    dozy

I had to laugh at the "make a note of the elders phone numbers" as well. The videos on JW.org depicting mature , intelligent , hard working , thoughtful men almost seem something of an ironic parody. There are a few decent ones , but most are pretty useless at best , and that is being charitable.

I used to drive an elderly couple in our congregation to go to the meeting. Occasionally when I was away , for work , vacation , giving a talk elsewhere etc , I phoned around the elders trying to get someone to pick them up for the meeting and even that was a challenge. A couple of times I gave up and paid for a taxi - once I got my ( worldly ) neighbour to drop them off! The concept that the elders could be trusted to assist someone in any real emergency is laughable.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I remember hearing from my JW friend about the Go-bags some years back.

I think the idea of having a Go-bag is a smart one (especially if you live in a flood prone/wildfire area) and need to evacuate. But, if I had one and just put it in the closet I might forget about it. I guess you’d have to check it from time to time(?)

My question to my friend was: “that’s nice to have a Go-bag but WHERE are you going?”..Answer:..she shrugged her shoulders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit