Reddit post about elder asking congregation for money to fix his car!

by LongHairGal 37 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Yes, there’s a post on Reddit. It says that after a Zoom meeting a request was made to baptized publishers to give $20 apiece to fix this elder’s car.

While this sounds highly irregular to me and not necessarily approved by the religion, I am not at all surprised at the nerve. This, unfortunately, seems to be the direction that things are going there! I’m Glad I walked away years ago before it got like this. It seems to be turning into a panhandling religion. I wonder what they are going to do when more older Witnesses pass away and there are yet fewer responsible people to even ask money from? 👎

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

LongHairGal,

If I was still in the org now and if somebody came up to me asking for money to support those in the "full time ministry" by giving them money I would come unglued.

I remember times when I was still an active witness in my early 20 struggling during bad economic downturns and spending time couch hopping at a friend's place (a "worldly" friend at that) temporarily. It always bothered me that they would collect money for elders, pioneers and overseers but when rank and file publishers had financial problems and stuff all they would do is share scriptures like Matthew 6:33. Sickening.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LITTLE ROCK GUY:

Your thoughts echo mine exactly and I’ve made many posts on the subject. I would not be polite either in this circumstance.

I wouldn’t be Retired if I listened to the religion - urging me to quit my full-time job to take up housecleaning and pioneering. Thankfully I refused - but they made sure I was ostracized and not invited anywhere.. And I heard remarks of ‘not spiritual’ or ‘materialistic’.. So, even though I’m Out, I have No tolerance even for the idea of Witnesses asking for money. They can go fly a kite.

I hate being right all the time but this story just shows the sad direction things are going in the religion. 👎

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

This shows how the Borg is its own worst enemy

Great posts.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

There was a video,,I think by Panda Tower,,,where he illustrated the CONvention was just minutes old & right away guess what?

You guessed it. Donate blah,blah how & where to donate. Making it seem obligatory

• Biahi
    Biahi

Yes, I saw that on Reddit, too. A lot of nerve. 😠

• Alethia
    Alethia

Before our circuit overseer moved on to the next circuit, our COBE asked the cong to pitch in for a new caravan. Apparently the next circuit included in laws that he didn’t like, so he didn’t want to stay in their houses. I was newly PIMO at the time so I said to my wife he go to hell.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW
    They can go fly a kite.

LHG: I appreciate how polite you are able to be. I'm afraid I would have to tell them to GFT.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

They figure they can get the nerve to get away with it

The $heeple are in a "mindset". As long as they believe they are the "chosen" ones,,,the Borg and it's henchmen will continue to heavy handedly manipulate the followers.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Yeah I looked up the Reddit post too.

Becoming a panhandling religion.

As the older ones pass on & the money flow dries,,,the Borg will rely on the internet more and more

Enter...Ramapo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit