Suicides

by new boy 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Exelder
    Exelder

"The book will talk about why and how two people killed themselves. People that I hold myself partly responsible for there actions.

So don't worry guys there wouldn't be hundreds of random names listed."

Glad to hear it.

"I said this book would rile a lot of people up. I hasn't even been published yet and it looks like it has already accomplished that."

Not for the reasons you think.

Good luck with it. I admire your dedication and determination.

PS. I laughed at your "what is your name?" joke lol

• zophar
    zophar

I think I have read and enjoyed all of the excerpts from New Boy. I found them very informative and enlightening. This latest thread about Suicides has me puzzled.

I don't think I am seeing everything clearly on this. I agree with Exelder AS REGARDS THIS THREAD. As I say I have read the other threads from New Boy and loved them. But why this turn? Naming names of those who killed themselves without knowing THEIR story? I don't see it. I think it could do great harm.

New Boy's posts are generally about first hand accounts that he experienced. The Olson story for instance, is tragic and should be told, but I would be cautious about going into areas of people's lives that could do tremendous damage to people who are already emotionally fragile.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Again, his intent, as expressed right the way through this thread is to bring the organisation down.
    If he achieves that, I will eat humble pie and literally bow down at his feet to thank him.

You and me both. I have a long and glorious history of being 100% correct that org isnt collapsing and that no ones efforts have more than mere ripple in the oceans effect. Web sites like this one and jw facts are great and have helped multitudes, books likes ray franz have helped countless people, but in the end the org plods along. Newboys book wont bring the org down or even be a blib on the collective radar of the average jw. If i had to guess its impact will far less than rays book.

Nonetheless the book hasn't read as bitter or vengeful in the least and as a former bethelite im very interested to read it in its entirety. Your results, of course, may vary.

• steve2
    steve2

There is a glut of books on the organization “exposing” its rotten policies and sad legacy - and,as Morpheus says, it plods along.

The lesson here is for authors and would-be authors to tone down the tiresome rhetoric about how attention-grabbing their next book or expose will be. And, as for the “challenges” for posters to reveal their names...yawn. No one here or on any other ex-JW site needs to do that. Each one has their reasons for not using their names. so to issue the challenge and then reveal their own name is a form of “Gotcha!” that looks little more than juvenile minded. The thread has moved from naming names of JWs to weak calls for posters to reveal names. Authorship should be based on respect and good judgement - I question both in the case of the present OP.

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

I for one will be purchasing the book when its out. Ive enjoyed all of newboys threads so far

• new boy
    new boy

Yes guys you are right, there wont be a list of names of people who have killed themselves because of being a Jehovah's Witness in my book, or anywhere else for that fact. They are lost forever to the memories of a few people who might who might know the truth about what they went through.

But wouldn't be nice for them if there be some kind of record of them someplace on the planet?

Maybe there should be something like a Viet Nam memorial to them. Maybe it would have all the names of the thousands of people who have killed themselves and have died because of the lack of a blood transfusion and lets put up there all the victims of sexual abuse while we are at it. Maybe we could put their names on a big black granite wall and maybe this wall could be right in front of 124 Columbia Heights building.... of course this will never happen but I can still dream,

To Steve and ExElder keep up the good work here. I'm sure in the end we all really what the same thing don't we? The destruction of false religion.

The funny thing is that is what the Jehovah's Witnesses want to, they just don't know they are part of the problem.

Blessings to all

Keith Casarona

• Exelder
    Exelder

"I'm sure in the end we all really what the same thing don't we? "

Absolutely Keith.

Like I said in my earlier post, I admire, your determination and dedication (I meant it sincerely).

I hadn't read your other excepts, and so I did as others suggested and did some research, and saw what you are doing. I can see why so many people respect your work. It was just THIS thread of naming names that I didn't feel comfortable with.

I wish you a lot of success with your book and hope it makes a difference to peoples lives and exposes the JW religion for what it is.

• new boy
    new boy

Thank you

As I have said earlier I really don't think this is my story but in many ways all our stories. I have received a lot of good information here and this book could have never happened without this web site and the people on it.

And yes I have been corrected many times.

So thank you all once again.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I hope you are not writing your book on your cellphone with auto-correct turned on.

Few people enjoy editing their own writing and it is clear that you are no exception to this rule.

...and a book "dead"-icated to suicides? Are they also your target audience?

For some reason the word "ghoulish" (not to be confused with the Transylvanian Stew) is stuck in my head right now.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas
    New Boy said, "I guess I'm concerned about the dead and you are concerned about the living."

You're concerned about the DEAD? Why? What is there that you think you can do for them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit