Suicides

by new boy 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Angharad
    Angharad
    I can't get permission from dead people and I will not use fake names

But you should get permission from the people you spoke to and are using as your sources, especially when they may not have been fully aware of your status in the org. You've posted their full names and locations. That is what people are taking issue with

• Simon
    Simon

I've remove the names from your OP.

Don't use this forum to harvest information from people that have nothing todo with you and don't use it to promote your book.

All you are doing by including these names is possibly causing further grief to the families of those concerned, especially if you are doing it in the underhand way you appear to be gathering the information.

This is a community for support, not a hate group to organize retaliation.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I imagine we all know exJW’s or JW’s who killed themselves or tried to. This forum itself has suffered the loss of good people to suicide and JW pain. It’s a very real issue.

I don’t understand your purpose. If you are asking to find out if anecdotally exjw’s commit suicide, you already know the answer. If you are hoping to get some statistics then that will prove near impossible and for sure you won’t get them from asking for numbers on a forum post. If you are asking for personal accounts of suicide then expect people to not want to offer that up to a stranger online.

Exactly what are you hoping to achieve ? Are you after statistics, anecdotal stories or personal accounts?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Nice work Simon

• new boy
    new boy

Everyone real names are used in the book.

The vast about of these people are dead. Some are still living and are in the old age home at Bethel.

I name the people in the stories (and on this site) because the stories were real events done by real people. They are not my prospective of events. I'm relaying the facts.

Of course there might law suits. I'm expecting them. Because of being raised as a witness and thus thinking Armageddon was coming any day made many bad financial decisions. Thus I have no assets. If they want to sue me get in line.

It's time for the truth about the truth.

On the other hand the one thing the society hates more then anything is publicity.

Yes a lot of research has gone into this book. I want to get it right. I have gathered a lot of information from this site as hundreds of other people have.

You have accused me of gather this information in an under handed way. I have talked many Jehovah's Witnesses and Non Jehovah's Witnesses. I have lied to none of them,

I'm not here to promote this book. I'm sorry if it has come off that way.

• Simon
    Simon

Don't expect to promote it on this site.

• new boy
    new boy

It fact this has really got ridiculous so if you could remove this whole thread that would be fine with me.

Your Brother

Keith Casarona

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I can understand the concern with gathering names of those who commited suicide and attributing the cult as the motive in a book dedication.

However, when did it become against the rules to promote or mention a book on this site? It gets done ALL the time. Otwo and terry have done it over and over. Not a complaint,btw, as i think terry is a writer of superior talent and skill and otwo has always struck me as reasonable fellow with an interesting view point, but its done ALL the time. Dubstep promotes his pod cast with every single post. Its called “shunned” in case you missed the first 50k times he mentioned it. Not a complaint with respect to dub either. Those stories are important to get out and hearing them first hand in an interview, spoken by the individual effected seems a valuable thing... but how is new boys book any different? Hes posted dozens of excerpts over the past few years and its all legitimate jw experiances, exactly like terrys book.

If the line is asking for suicide names, no argument. If its promoting works by exjw’s then there more one person effected.

• Simon
    Simon
    It fact this has really got ridiculous so if you could remove this whole thread that would be fine with me.

I think it's better if people know what you're up-to.

when did it become against the rules to promote or mention a book on this site? It gets done ALL the time.

It didn't, but harassment has never been allowed. The stated purpose of this book seems to be to cause hurt or harassment so it doesn't get to be promoted here for free.

Personally, I think you're going down the wrong path new boy - you'll find you feel better and life improves when you focus on trying to help people rather than retaliate. Yes, it's hard to let go of the anger but it really is the only way forward and you're just hurting yourself if you don't.

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

Suicide is a very touchy subject (jws and non jws alike) and frankly I find it a little disturbing that you would feel so comfortable publishing names of people you don't even know or who have not given you permission to disclose their info. The least you could do, out of common decency and respect, is change the names.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit