Suicides

by new boy 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Exelder
    Exelder

How many suicide names might you add to your book once you expose someone who has talked to you and is mentally struggling right now?

That is such a good point.

I know that if MY name had been plastered on an ex-JW website for everybody to see, I would be devestated and so worried about the repucussions because I would not have a support plan in place.

It took me years to work up to the point that I was able to leave...on my own terms and not having somebody 'out; me.

Everything about this book and the motives behind it is bitter and vengeful. It doesn't have any credibity at all.

• sparky1
    sparky1

I understand Keith's frustration with Jehovah's Witnesses and the institution of Bethel. When he was there Bethel was a hierarchically controlled machine that was not concerned with the individual Bethelite. The welfare (mental, emotional, physical, spiritual) of the regular everyday Bethelite was subordinated to the needs of the Organization, both as the institution of Bethel and the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses. Much like the 'sweeping under the rug' of child molestation in the Jehovah's Witness religion in order to 'protect' Jehovah's name and the name of the organization, so too in the institution of Bethel, many, many injustices and much outright wrong doing took place but was 'swept under the rug' in order to keep the sanitized impression of the 'House of God' in the eyes of the 'rank and file' Witnesses.

Keith, may I respectfully suggest that you make your dedication something along the lines of the following: 'My book is dedicated to James Olson and all those whose lives were sacrificed on the idolatrous altar of Jehovah's Witnesses either through suicide, persecution, bad medical advice or any number of ways that their life may have been cut short through the religious policy of Jehovah's Witnesses.' I saw some really bad shit myself at Bethel and hope that Keith's book opens the eyes of those who realize that 'something just isn't right' in this religion. Good luck with the book, Keith......I'll buy a copy for sure.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Everything about this book and the motives behind it is bitter and vengeful. It doesn't have any credibity at all.

Ease up on that, exelder. I read every excerpt newboy posted and, as someone who was at bethel, i can tell you 100% his book has crediblity. I know some of the people he mentions many years afterwards) and the experiences he shares are dead on accurate with my own.

As for his motives, you cant speak to that anymore than he can speak to someones reasons for taking their own life. Read the portions he shared on the board. They are a good read and dont accross bitter or vengeful in the least. Its an honest account of a bethelites life. For what its worth, i agree whole heartedly using the names of people who committed suicide is a bad bad idea, but that dosent change my opinion of the book.

Also x2 everything sparky said. Well stated.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Why the negative vote? Be a big enough person to come out from behind your keyboard and explain why you gave it to me.

• new boy
    new boy

Thanks Sparky

I like your dedication, It will probably look something like that.

For the rest of you all I can say before you judge me and the information that will be given in this book please have to courtesy read it first. Then judge me as you will.

I hope it shakes a lot of people up.

No vengeance here. On the other hand if this information helps just a few people steer clear away something that will cause untold hurt to them and their next generations of families members it will be all worth it.

Yes some people might get upset because I relayed a true story about them. Yet their stories might save literally other people's lives.

So the choice is hurt feelings or other people's lives......

You decide I already have.

• Exelder
    Exelder

"As for his motives, you cant speak to that anymore than he can speak to someones reasons for taking their own life."

Morpheus, I don't have time to cut and paste all the angry "this book is going to destroy and bring down the organisation and the people in it" type posts, but basically it is in virtually every single one of his posts in THIS thread about the book.

So yes, I can see his motives. They are VERY clear. HE has made himself very clear,

Naming people, alive or dead, without their permission is morally wrong. I'd be interested in seeing what he does with the book without those names.

His book doesn't look into any of the history of why these people might have killed themselves. I am sure the Borg contributed to it, but there could be all sorts of other contributing factors to it (bipolar etc)

If he can write a well-balanced, non-emotive book based on facts and real journalism then I will be interested and will applaud it, but none of his posts on this thread indicate that.

Ps. Sparkys dedication is a good one

• Giordano
    Giordano

Sparky that's a great dedication!

Something like that would pull me in.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

And he can look from the outside and see what was going on in peoples lives right before they killed themselves and draw reasonable inferences, if thats your standard.

Read the excerpts of the book then talk to me. It dosent come across in any way as you’ve described. Ironic that you can see jack wagons protesting outside a convention with signs calling the gb pedos and all sorts of ridiculous claims as useful but you cant see the value in a well written first hand account of bethel life... oh wait. You havnt read it. Never mind.

• new boy
    new boy

The book will talk about why and how two people killed themselves. People that I hold myself partly responsible for there actions.

So don't worry guys there wouldn't be hundreds of random names listed.

I said this book would rile a lot of people up. I hasn't even been published yet and it looks like it has already accomplished that.

My the way what is your real name Exelder?.....lol....just kidding of course.

• Exelder
    Exelder

"And he can look from the outside and see what was going on in peoples lives right before they killed themselves and draw reasonable inferences, if thats your standard."

Except he can't as he asking for names of people that he doesn't know and wants to name them regardless of family wishes. He has NO idea what they were going through if he doesn't known them.

Again, his intent, as expressed right the way through this thread is to bring the organisation down.

If he achieves that, I will eat humble pie and literally bow down at his feet to thank him.

PS. Newboy has since acknowledged he won't put random names in the book. Good move.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit