CoBE Joins those Elders Deserting the Sinking Ship

by The Searcher 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

From a reliable source:

A young COBE - late thirties, maybe forty - has resigned in December 2015, both as the COBE and as an Elder.

Word is that he is a man with a young family who is stressed out and has had enough.

That now makes six ex-elders in the same West country circuit in England.

6 out of 21 in only 10 months. (including the congregation that got disbanded.)

Perhaps those in the "elder-class" are starting to smell the coffee!

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Nice

Very encouraging

Truly a blessing from Jehoober

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    It does show that the morale among these elders is quite low. There is a lot that is asked of them and from what I can see these days most of them are also confused with all the changes. Some of them are also victims of this cult.
  • millie210
    millie210

There are many good things about this.

One, if elders start stepping back it makes it ok for those other elders who are on the fence to do the same.

That momentum once it gets going will be devastating to the good ole boys running this Org.

They will try to react in such a way as to stem the tide but the rank and file pubs are getting a little uneasy with this new style of reactionary leadership already.

Once the herd grows uneasy it doesnt take much for them to bolt.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

That's the route I took. "Stepped down" as an elder (which was, by the way, a huge "step up" in life) and 6 months later pretty much quit the borg altogether.

It's a trend that should start gaining some traction as the 'sheeple' start seeing and feeling the real direction of the borg.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    The stress level of being a family man, working man and being an elder must be just off the chart for some.
  • blondie
    blondie
    The last congregation I was in had 8 ex-elders who refused to reach out. They did not want the hassle.
  • sparky1
  • Giordano
    Giordano

I wonder how much the internet has caused a decrease in the Elder ranks. I have read that it is one of the reasons people have become Non's no longer even identifying with a particular religion and that it is effecting every religion.

Mormons have been dropping out since Mormon history and real science has become available on line. The pedophile issue has rocked the Catholic church........ a lot of stuff we might have missed to some degree without the internet.

As eyeused2badub mentioned his stepping down for most Elders that's the first step towards the exit.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu

Solution?

Meditate on the example of Paul. He faced numerous “things of an external kind” by vicious persecutors, and he felt daily pressure on account of his anxiety for the congregations. (2 Cor. 11:23-29) Yet, he refused to give up, and his example strengthened others. (Read 2 Corinthians 1:6.) When you endure hardship, remember that your example is likely encouraging others to endure.

source: WT 16-04 page 16 §14

So this MUST be a very big problem in JW-land - because they openly admit:

The Watchtower Study, for example, is tailored to the needs of God’s people.

source: WT 16-04 page 19 §5

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit