CoBE Joins those Elders Deserting the Sinking Ship

by The Searcher 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hyacinth
    hyacinth

Sorry to be a noob.... what's COBE?

• curiousconfused
    curiousconfused
    Based on an earlier thread, @konceptual99 might have some local knowledge, but I'm going to wager that this was the Kingsweston congregation. Chatter suggests that the CBoE's youngest daughter packed in the "truth" and he fell on his sword. Others may know more.....
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    hyacinth20 minutes ago

Sorry to be a noob.... what's COBE?

i had to ask the same question--5 years ago

Co-ordinator of the Body of Elders. whatever that means. probably what us old timers knew as the congregation servant.

• freddo
    freddo
    CoBE - Coordinator of the Body of Elders used to be called Presiding Overseer before 2008 and way back in 1971 before the elder arrangement it was the Congregation Servant.
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99

Not local personally but I know an elder in one of the recently affected congregations. He's well in but I always try and get some info on the occasions we speak.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Word is that he is a man with a young family who is stressed out and has had enough.

This then leaves more work for the rest of the eldurs on the body.

When it comes to the organization and stress, there are two types:

1. Those that feel stress and get exhausted.
    2. Those that create the stress and exhaust others.
  • hyacinth
    hyacinth
    Thanks Stan and Freddo.
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose

Stress is often given as a reason for elders stepping down, it's fairly socially acceptable, and it could be true. It could also be he is tired of begging for money for the governing body when he knows people are already giving as much as they can, I can't imagine it's a very pleasant experience. But he wouldn't be able to give that as a reason, could he?

• New day
    New day
    I mentioned on another thread having stepped down last year and being enraged by a recent CO visit where he said that bros who do not reach out have something wrong with their heart and, like Peter, are following Jesus "at a distance."Quite a few bros in our hall could serve but don't seem to want the stress. At one time we had 11 elders, now there are 5.
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome hyacinth , or should I say Mrs Bucket , glad to hear your hubby`s on the same page .

Look forward to hearing your experiences in the Borg.

As for the OP , let`s hope it`s the start of an Avalanche size exit from the org.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit